Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Slunko
My response, 2 posts above yours
Tried the UK number, goes to the Euro call center as well. Said the same thing: change it to latest Apr 12 departure, get a voucher, or, interestingly, change to any day within a year and pay for fare difference. Will HUCA again and try tomorrow I guess. For involuntary cancellation it is insane, 10 days!?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by beyounged
Tried the UK number, goes to the Euro call center as well. Said the same thing: change it to latest Apr 12 departure, get a voucher, or, interestingly, change to any day within a year and pay for fare difference. Will HUCA again and try tomorrow I guess. For involuntary cancellation it is insane, 10 days!?
Did you have any luck? I have an April 11 ticket - not allowed to travel from the UK right now and would like to change it but 10 days isn't going to make any difference. Couldn't get through on the UK number today
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ned1968
Did you have any luck? I have an April 11 ticket - not allowed to travel from the UK right now and would like to change it but 10 days isn't going to make any difference. Couldn't get through on the UK number today
no luck. Twitter guys told me it is the policy now.
Ned1968 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:15 am

no luck. Twitter guys told me it is the policy now.
Impossible to get through on the UK number (or other numbers if you choose English) - seems like even just getting a refund is going to be a challenge. Twitter team can't help. A voucher with Iberia would be pretty much useless to me
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Impossible to get through on the UK number (or other numbers if you choose English) - seems like even just getting a refund is going to be a challenge. Twitter team can't help. A voucher with Iberia would be pretty much useless to me
Try one of these two numbers (both Spanish ones, but you can choose to be attend in English): 0034917742607 or 0034917742606 (this is for Silver members, but usually they dont ask for your IB number). Last time I spoke with them, they said that if there was a cancellation and the closest alternative is more than 5 hours, you can ask either for a cash refund or change it to the future (more than 10 days). In case the delay in less than that, your only options are changing +- 10 days or a voucher. If they say something different, try to ask for a supervisor claiming EU regulation.
tropikey and Ned1968 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ggomtel
Try one of these two numbers (both Spanish ones, but you can choose to be attend in English): 0034917742607 or 0034917742606 (this is for Silver members, but usually they dont ask for your IB number). Last time I spoke with them, they said that if there was a cancellation and the closest alternative is more than 5 hours, you can ask either for a cash refund or change it to the future (more than 10 days). In case the delay in less than that, your only options are changing +- 10 days or a voucher. If they say something different, try to ask for a supervisor claiming EU regulation.
Thanks - I managed to get through and speak to an agent (in English) - he then put me on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected the call.

Iberia really is an embarrassment when it comes to customer service
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:00 am

Thanks - I managed to get through and speak to an agent (in English) - he then put me on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected the call.

Iberia really is an embarrassment when it comes to customer service
this happened to me a few times last time I called. If you call any number that has choices, you immediately skip the menu and go to the other language. I called the Spanish number and was immediatley dropped to a Spanish speaking agent without the ability to choose English, probably because the English line is down. Using my okay-ish spanish, I explained that I was not able to choose in the menu, while the agent just told me "PRESS 2 IN THE MENU!!!", and I replied "there is no menu..." A few rounds of that and they just hang up on me, thrice.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:35 am

this happened to me a few times last time I called. If you call any number that has choices, you immediately skip the menu and go to the other language. I called the Spanish number and was immediatley dropped to a Spanish speaking agent without the ability to choose English, probably because the English line is down. Using my okay-ish spanish, I explained that I was not able to choose in the menu, while the agent just told me "PRESS 2 IN THE MENU!!!", and I replied "there is no menu..." A few rounds of that and they just hang up on me, thrice.
I've tried the UK number over 50 times so far, the International number over 30 times and the Italian and Spanish numbers multiple times as well. Still haven't managed to get through. The Iberia Plus number was answered 4 times - I explained the problem and each time they put me on hold and I then got disconnected. If I was flying tomorrow I would be absolutely screwed. Absolutely ridiculous
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:23 pm

I've tried the UK number over 50 times so far, the International number over 30 times and the Italian and Spanish numbers multiple times as well. Still haven't managed to get through. The Iberia Plus number was answered 4 times - I explained the problem and each time they put me on hold and I then got disconnected. If I was flying tomorrow I would be absolutely screwed. Absolutely ridiculous
not sure why but the English line just mysteriously disappear sometimes for days. and sadly most other agents have no clue if it is happening, or if they ever happened at all. Also it is the first airline I have dealt with that thinks the pandamic is over, imagine I have a MAD-PVG and they cancel on me, and there is not PVG flight for 10 months straight, and the agent seriously demanding me to change within 10 days...
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:24 pm

not sure why but the English line just mysteriously disappear sometimes for days. and sadly most other agents have no clue if it is happening, or if they ever happened at all. Also it is the first airline I have dealt with that thinks the pandamic is over, imagine hypothetically, I have a MAD-PVG and they cancel on me, and there is not PVG flight for 10 months straight, and the agent seriously demanding me to change within 10 days...
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Think I might have gotten lucky with the new rebooking policy - or is it part of the new policy? (that cancellations with no alternative within 5 hours are entitled to rebooking until EOS)

Rebooked onto Dec peak dates to BOG/MDE, original dates early April, cancellation without flights in 5 hours. Called the US English line, took them 30 mins to pick up. Got what I asked for at the first go, all done without questions from the agent.

Do try calling and hold (for a little longer) if you have time, and you might get lucky (?) like me.
tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Think I might have gotten lucky with the new rebooking policy - or is it part of the new policy? (that cancellations with no alternative within 5 hours are entitled to rebooking until EOS)

Rebooked onto Dec peak dates to BOG/MDE, original dates early April, cancellation without flights in 5 hours. Called the US English line, took them 30 mins to pick up. Got what I asked for at the first go, all done without questions from the agent.

Do try calling and hold (for a little longer) if you have time, and you might get lucky (?) like me.
When did you call? Is it the past two weeks? I have never even heard of the 5hr rule before with all 3 agents, will try tomorrow. Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
When did you call? Is it the past two weeks? I have never even heard of the 5hr rule before with all 3 agents, will try tomorrow. Thanks!
Called a week ago, also I only read about the 5h rule upthread, don't think it is mentioned in any of the Iberia policy documents. Good luck!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Called a week ago, also I only read about the 5h rule upthread, don't think it is mentioned in any of the Iberia policy documents. Good luck!
called once again. UK number, hold time improved, that is a plus. The robot responded within 10 seonds instead of 5 minutes for each question, and got to a rude agent within 5min. She again refused anything other than changing within 10 days. I fought back in multiple ways(including your policy), and she eventually said the ticket was issued in USD and she is not liable to change it (obvious lie, probably just wants to get rid of me because I always play dumb in phone calls.)
Called US number, hold time minimal. Agent is friendly, again said explicitly stated "for involuntary cancellations, your only option is to change within 10 days." I fought back, he put me on hold for 5 min and came back with change allowed to Sep 1st, but pay fare diff. I hung up by that time.

This is the 6th agent I have talked to, this seems like rock solid policy, how did you guys get it changed? Did I do anything wrong? I will try one last time before getting a refund. I cannot say how disappointed I am in IB and their policies. If what the other agents said was true, I was punished for trying to hold on to 2 days before departure to change my flight, as per IB asks for their customers. Should I be a selfish passenger and called the first day my flight got cancelled in Jan, I would have postponed it to Sep. Now I am punished for just trying to help out those poor agents. And apparently for IB this tiny thing called a pandamic does not exist, 10 days of flexibility for invol cxl might as well be 12 minutes in the world of mandatory 14 day quarantines and 3-5 day PCR test results.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:56 am

called once again. UK number, hold time improved, that is a plus. The robot responded within 10 seonds instead of 5 minutes for each question, and got to a rude agent within 5min. She again refused anything other than changing within 10 days. I fought back in multiple ways(including your policy), and she eventually said the ticket was issued in USD and she is not liable to change it (obvious lie, probably just wants to get rid of me because I always play dumb in phone calls.)
Called US number, hold time minimal. Agent is friendly, again said explicitly stated "for involuntary cancellations, your only option is to change within 10 days." I fought back, he put me on hold for 5 min and came back with change allowed to Sep 1st, but pay fare diff. I hung up by that time.
Similar outcome for me. Absolute refusal to offer anything other than +/- 10 change for involuntary cancellation or pay fare difference. They also insisted my only option was to take a voucher and that a refund isn't possible. I've escalated that and they will get back to me in five days with more information. That was five days ago and guess what.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.