Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 4:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Luckily, my rescheduled flight, which I had already changed to GRU, has been cancelled.

So I've now managed change the flights to depart in December 21 instead of April 21.

Let's hope these ones might happen.......
raporot likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
So it seems that with a short schedule change, flights can be canceled or changed +-10 days.

Does anyone have experience with these fares and the IB policy for changes 15 days before the flight? This states you can get a voucher or date change if COVID restrictions are in place. How do they determine this (given that there will have been lots of changes since the ticket was booked!), and what is the range for new dates allowed?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by speedbird006
I called IB today. The very helpful agent offered me either full refund or flight change within +/- 10 and departing / arriving airport change.
He confirmed that alternative departing and arriving airports must be no more than 500km distance to the original airport.
Since I managed to change from VCE to ZAG where is my home airport, I would give it a shot in June.
Hey. Really, you could choose Zagreb? Could you please tell me which phone number exactly did you call?
I have changed the ticket 2 times in the past and would like to change it again. My departure airport is Rome, but as I live in Slovenia, I would like to try to change it to Venice.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I called a couple of days ago (to the IB Platinum number); and originally was told that only changes +- 10 days were allowed. However, the lady was very helpful and finally managed to change it from June (already change twice in the past) to Xmas 2021. It seems that if one of the flights is delayed by +5 hours, it is considered a cancellation and it should be possible to do the change the entire booking online to any other date; however my flight was just delayed slightly more than 4 hours but she could do it anyway.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by gaberflying
Hey. Really, you could choose Zagreb? Could you please tell me which phone number exactly did you call?
I have changed the ticket 2 times in the past and would like to change it again. My departure airport is Rome, but as I live in Slovenia, I would like to try to change it to Venice.
I believe the post you quote from refers to invol. schedule changes/cancellation,

There is no point in trying to request a voluntary change from Rome to Venice.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I believe the post you quote from refers to invol. schedule changes/cancellation,

There is no point in trying to request a voluntary change from Rome to Venice.
Actually there was a schedule change of one of the flights, and the system offers me to change the ticket again, I can change it up to next Year, Feb. 2022. So I thought maybe there would be a chance to change the dep. airport from Rome to Venice, if I get a helpful and kind customer service lady/sir when I call IB.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Actually there was a schedule change of one of the flights, and the system offers me to change the ticket again, I can change it up to next Year, Feb. 2022. So I thought maybe there would be a chance to change the dep. airport from Rome to Venice, if I get a helpful and kind customer service lady/sir when I call IB.
Hi, I recommend you do it on the website.
Click "Show nearby airports" in the search for rebooking the dates and it'll show you four or five Italian airports. You should be able to switch to Venice departure easily. There's no difference if you rebook yourself v. if you're calling them to rebook. I've noticed the machine is more lenient than agents sometimes.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:36 am

YAAAY, I managed to change the airport from Rome to Venice, one of the flight had a schedule change of 4 hours and I could change it for free. I tried to call the english number, the person was really rude to me, telling me in a very rude tone I am not entitled to anything, no free changes ect. The next number I tried was the german one, change of dates possible for free, but no airport change for free, so ... my 3rd attempt was successful. I called the italian number and I was able to change the dates and the departure airport. I am so happy, since I can drive with the car to Venice and fly from there. I really hope everything will go good and I can finally get to Colombia. Departure is March 5th, 2021
toonomadic, Rim1 and Slunko like this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
YAAAY, I managed to change the airport from Rome to Venice, one of the flight had a schedule change of 4 hours and I could change it for free. I tried to call the english number, the person was really rude to me, telling me in a very rude tone I am not entitled to anything, no free changes ect. The next number I tried was the german one, change of dates possible for free, but no airport change for free, so ... my 3rd attempt was successful. I called the italian number and I was able to change the dates and the departure airport. I am so happy, since I can drive with the car to Venice and fly from there. I really hope everything will go good and I can finally get to Colombia. Departure is March 5th, 2021
Now if your flights get cancelled it is also possible to change flights online and airports. Good to hear that you go what you wanted
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:15 pm

I guess you won’t need it anymore, but just for the future reference. +385 1 7776 181, local Croatian number, but connect to IB Europe call centre.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: OWE
I called Iberia IT today and changed my FCO-MAD-BOG May flights to August with no questions asked.
Only for one of the legs Business Promo was not available on Saturday so I had to accept Friday.
I called +39 02 913 87 051, waiting for available agent took a minute.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:59 pm

Just got back home on that itinerary and wanted to share some experience.
Had quite a nice time in Bogota, such a difference compared to (most of) Europe. While people do respect the measures (masks are worn by majority even outdoors, sanitizers and social seating in restaurants - so no surprise Colombia has lower rates than most of Europe these days), life is pretty much normal otherwise. Lower number of tourists does reflect on prices and crowdedness of POIs in a good way. If you like to wander randomly in new places, still do keep in mind that some parts of Bogota are not particularly safe. Also a small reminder to those who either has never been to Bogota or was there long ago: the city is on (unpleasantly, or pleasantly, depending on whether you care about amount of oxygen or about comfortable weather on otherwise hot latitudes) high altitude of more than 2.5km, so prepare yourself by adjusting your routine, going smart about exercise, drinking a lot etc.
On the flying experience, both in air and on the ground, Iberia is predictably inconsistent. While I generally like the airline (good to very good catering, nice wines, mostly pleasant crews and amazing ticket flexibility during COVID times), there are always some flies in the ointment.
On the positive: after original booking I was able to rebook 3 times, always due to cancellations, but no questions asked. Had to do it via the phone after first rebooking (I believe it's an IT restriction, but amazing service on the phone). On last rebooking I was able to change origin to FRA from LIN, which eventually convinced me to fly it in March instead of postponing it again. I appreciate it was outside of usual 500km policy, but when I stressed it was the point between flying it now or flying it don't know when, female phone agent was extremely nice and accepted my request.
Food to Bogota was really nice, even though portions are on the small side, on the way from Bogota a bit less so, no Do&Co catering, but still eatable, apart from breakfast. Long-haul they mention "new policy" about single alcoholic drink per meal, which is ridiculous given they typically have a small "cheese plate" at the end. On the way to BOG it wasn't enforced and I drank as much as I wanted (well, I don't typically want much). On the way back male attendant denied a second serving, ridiculous, I had to say No to a very nice looking piece of camembert. No such nonsense short-haul: both FRA-MAD (in A330 btw) and Air Nostrum on MAD-FRA seen enough 175ml bottles emptied by myself.
Dali lounge in MAD is as good as I remember it pre-COVID (even though with adjusted ceremonies and plastic cutlery), although on Sunday it was a bit on a crowded side. Didn't visit non-Schengen one as I was somewhat late for flight after an overnight in Madrid, with Renfe confusing operations.
Except for FRA-MAD, all flights were quite heavily loaded, even if not full. On A350, with a single WC left for passengers, this might lead to queues at peak times. The timing of BOG flights is so convenient though, to me, that it wasn't an issue even for such a heavy eater and drinker as myself.
At this price and with such minimal inconveniences in those crazy times, I would take the same trip even next weekend in a heartbeat.

Last edited by maxvor; Mar 15, 2021 at 4:08 pm
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:10 pm

Just got off the phone with IB. My flight tomorrow MAD-BOG was cancelled a few months ago. US line's bot replies at the impressive speed of 1 reply per 4 minutes, so I got through after 20 minutes. Then the agent triple confirmed I can only change my flights within 10 days, as like I can fly before Apr 12, or get a voucher.
How did you guys get through it? I decided to HUCA for European line but am unable to get through. What number did you guys call to get successful results?
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: OWE
My response, 2 posts above yours
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Slunko
My response, 2 posts above yours
the euro english line was down, will try in a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.