Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta SkyMiles Platinum
Just pushed my BOG trip from November to late April easily on Iberia's website for free. Hopefully it will get better by then.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:04 pm

BA Booking’s

Hey, I have a booking for Nov, trying to change to March... booked through BA and I’m being advised of full price for changes (€2800) anyone successfully changed a BA flight yet?

Last edited by DanG999; Jul 3, 2020 at 1:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:12 pm

Tried calling BA today 3 times wouldn’t change without fare difference....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:55 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I hope you manage to get BA to show some flexibility. It's no help in this situation, but in the future, I would always advise booking any 'mistake' or very low priced fares directly with the operating airline. It does add an additional layer of protection if things develop negatively further down the line as you're not dealing with a middle man or travel agent. It appears those who booked through Iberia.com are managing to change successfully up until the end of June. I also booked with Iberia and will call them in a couple of days to at least change the date, and see if they'll offer any flexibility on either the departure or arrival city. A basic date change is possible instantly through booking management.

I doubt it'd work in this scenario knowing how Iberia operate, but I had flights with Cathay Pacific booked through a travel agent in March which had a number of Covid related changes to them. Cathay took over the booking after some mild begging and sorted it out and offered a fair bit of flexibility. Sadly Iberia CS is not great. It's sometimes better if you're able to communicate in Spanish, or at least find someone who can do so on your behalf, but still the system is poor.

Last edited by jackr27; Jul 3, 2020 at 9:09 pm
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by DanG999
Hey, I have a booking for Nov, trying to change to March... booked through BA and I’m being advised of full price for changes (€2800) anyone successfully changed a BA flight yet?
You’re asking the wrong question. Ask how much extra you’d have to pay if you got a future travel voucher for the existing booking and bought a new ticket in March in the upgraded class.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by DanG999
I changed a BA ticket to February next year. Were your flights cancelled or you want to change but the flights are operating?

I was also able to change the point of origin.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by danam
I changed a BA ticket to February next year. Were your flights cancelled or you want to change but the flights are operating?

I was also able to change the point of origin.

as it stands now the November flights are still operating so it’s considered a voluntary change..
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Has anyone had any success changing a ticket booking through expedia.com?
I have a November flight I would like to push out past the ticket expiry in March, it sounds like it will be difficult to get Iberia to deal with this.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by justin1123
Has anyone had any success changing a ticket booking through expedia.com?
I have a November flight I would like to push out past the ticket expiry in March, it sounds like it will be difficult to get Iberia to deal with this.
Expedia is your TA, so you will need to contact their customer service. You're first and foremost in a customer relationship with them.

These types of situations are very much one of the reasons I hope people would understand why one should avoid middlemen for airline ticketing, whenever possible.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
My itinerary got disrupted by some flight changes. So I tried to switch it completely from October into 2021. After a few tries with the german IB hotline who wouldn´t allow a change to later as 12 month after ticket issue date I called the hotline in Madrid directly. Even though my spanish is not very high level a very helpful agent changed my ticket into May 2021 and also switched the departure point to Munich. Thumbs up Iberia!
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Managed to change the route for free through the Spanish call centre. Now heading to GRU in May. Let's hope things are better in Brasil by then....
Old Jul 18, 2020, 12:42 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone managed to change both departure and destination? I would like to change it to BCN-LIM, when I called them they told me that most likely departing from BCN would be approve, but I didn’t ask about changing the destination.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:09 am

I bought it through BA and it seems I'm the only one unable to change the airport. I'm trying to come back form UIO but the BA agents are inflexible with the 300 miles radius even UIO (442 mileage) is the closest gateway from BOG since MDE is completely zeroed.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I am pretty sure I'd have got away with changing both the departure and destination, had I wanted to.

I should add that the first agent I spoke to was saying I'd have to pay for a route change, so I ended the call and phoned back the next day. The second agent though just processed it straight away when I gave details of my planned reroute. I had the new tickets in my inbox within 2 minutes.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
My itinerary got disrupted by some flight changes. So I tried to switch it completely from October into 2021. After a few tries with the german IB hotline who wouldn´t allow a change to later as 12 month after ticket issue date I called the hotline in Madrid directly. Even though my spanish is not very high level a very helpful agent changed my ticket into May 2021 and also switched the departure point to Munich. Thumbs up Iberia!
Which number did you call? I am trying +34 901 111 500, but can't connect. Did you buy through IB or BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.