Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): IB: Italy - BOG/LIM/PTY from 500€ biz rt

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Thanks for the responses. I am finding the same with Expedia as others have reported with BA, they will only change within the original ticket validity.

One more thing did just change though - IB just canceled my main outbound flight (to Lima this Sunday). Would such a last-minute cancellation give me any more rights, perhaps if I spoke direct with Iberia? Worth a try....!
Old Nov 5, 2020, 1:15 pm

It gets even more confusing! I chatted again with Expedia re a VCE-MAD-BOG itinerary, outbound now canceled. They told me one option is to "Cancel with credit" where the flight is canceled before departure but I can then rebook for the same itinerary up to June 30th (this has to be confirmed before ticket validity expires at one year).

They supplied the following terms for this:
Cancel with Credit for Involuntary
• Must be booked on the same airline
• Tickets are also non-transferable (that is, the same passengers must be on the new ticket)
• Cancel prior to original departure flight
• Date and/or route changes can be requested up to 12 months after the date the ticket was first issued
• New travel dates on/before 30 June 2021
• Change to a “sister city” (max 250 miles) allowed
• Change fee and fare difference waived, limited to one per passenger.

The agent insists this is different to a voucher, but kept telling me I would have $606 of 'airline credit....'

Has anyone seen this before? Is this actually going to work as an open credit to use again, or will I just end up with a voucher and no ticket!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: DIAMOND in Life, but BA Gold, FB Plat
Just back from my trip to Bogota. MAD-LHR-BOG, BOG-MAD-BLQ. A week before my flight (27 Nov) I phoned Iberia and asked to board my flight from LHR (Avianca flight), instead of MAD. Very proactive Iberia Agent said - I can, just need to confirm all this with back office. All sorted and confirmed! From Bogota on the way back on 12 Dec I booked Redemption ticket from MAD-LHR, at the airport in Bogota I was able to drop the last segment - MAD-BLQ and add my luggage to LHR. So BOG-MAD-LHR as one ticket. Again, it took about 25 minutes at the airport and a few people there to sort it out. Result! Avianca flight LHR-BOG the service was very basic - food was just OK. No other drinks, only water or coke. Staff was more interested in masks Iberia flight was excellent, full service, great staff.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:20 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Thanks for the trip report. We have a ticket for leaving Jan2 but want to move it a bit further out. How was the Covid handled both on board as well as in country? How is the situation? Thanks for an update
Old Dec 16, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: DIAMOND in Life, but BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Shl
Thanks for the trip report. We have a ticket for leaving Jan2 but want to move it a bit further out. How was the Covid handled both on board as well as in country? How is the situation? Thanks for an update
If you feel safe living in Europe, then you feel even safer in Colombia - regarding C19 Masks, temperature checks everywhere, disinfection, etc.. On the plane - strict rules as well.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 6:11 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Rim1
If you feel safe living in Europe, then you feel even safer in Colombia - regarding C19 Masks, temperature checks everywhere, disinfection, etc.. On the plane - strict rules as well.
thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:03 am

Does anyone know if the return flight has to be within the one year ticket validity?

Has anyone a good argument to change my departure to ZRH instead of FCO?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dbru
Has anyone a good argument to change my departure to ZRH instead of FCO?
No. FCO-ZRH is 431 nautical miles. I believe IB allows a distance of at most 250 nautical miles when you make an airport change. (I don't remember 100%. I believe it's 250 but it might be 300. But no more than 300 for sure.)
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:36 am

If anyone still has one of these tickets active, what is the latest with delaying them further?

I have a departure rebooked for May, which is already looking difficult. All the flights have been retimed / switched (max 6 hours though I think). Would that allow a date change under IB policy, or do I have to wait until closer to departure and use the COVID policy?

I may of course just give in and cancel if offered but would be good to know if it can be extended further.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I have them rebooked for June and this week received emails about different changes. When I access the booking in Iberia, it only allows me to change the flights +- 10 days... I see that it is going to be difficult by that time and would like to change them for later in the year, but I’m afraid that I’ll have to cancel them...
Old Feb 6, 2021, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ggomtel
I have them rebooked for June and this week received emails about different changes. When I access the booking in Iberia, it only allows me to change the flights +- 10 days... I see that it is going to be difficult by that time and would like to change them for later in the year, but I’m afraid that I’ll have to cancel them...
I am in the same boat. I have my flight changed to June. I also received the email notifying me the flight schedule change, which is actually more convenient times and allows me to change. However, +/- 10 days is not a helpful. Travelling in June seems to be quite optimistic idea. At the moment I cannot even get to VCE with all the border restrictions and no public transport. IB now offers departing point BLQ, MXP, FLR in addition to VCE as well as MDE in addition to BOG on their website. In case I go ahead the trip in June, do you think it would be possible to change the departing point to ZAG, which is less than 200 miles? If I'd choose to cancel, would I be able to have full refund to my credit card instead of the voucher?
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: OWE
The funny thing is that when the first change email came, like a week ago, I was able to change the date to any date till Jan 2022. I needed a few days to make up my mind, opened the window today and it only allows +/- 10 days. I'll contact them tmw to see what they say, my flight was for May, which I'm not comfortable with. Will wait for them to cancel or ask a refund.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 11:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
I tried changing my rescheduled booking in April to a later date but was told it wasn't possible as I have changed once and the ticket will be more than 12 months old by that point. To be fair, I did change it to GRU, so they were quite reasonable when I originally made the change.

I was offered a refund though. I'll decide closer to the time.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:37 pm

I called IB today. The very helpful agent offered me either full refund or flight change within +/- 10 and departing / arriving airport change.
He confirmed that alternative departing and arriving airports must be no more than 500km distance to the original airport.
Since I managed to change from VCE to ZAG where is my home airport, I would give it a shot in June.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by speedbird006
I called IB today. The very helpful agent offered me either full refund or flight change within +/- 10 and departing / arriving airport change.
He confirmed that alternative departing and arriving airports must be no more than 500km distance to the original airport.
Since I managed to change from VCE to ZAG where is my home airport, I would give it a shot in June.
Edit: flights can be easily changed to Eos on Iberia site, no fuss.

Last edited by toonomadic; Feb 14, 2021 at 7:18 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.