Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Utskicat
good data point that Delta can issue it fine on their end
Did you get NBO-FCO-JFK with AZ flight numbers on a 006 ticket? I'm not sure if this is less favorable for earnings?
Old May 30, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Do an update on the AZ coded NBO-FCO segment. Looks like it’s a rolling flight publication. Every week, 1 more week of AZ7151 appears. It’s odd indeed.

On another note, I canceled my Priceline booked ticket today (Note: PL charges their own $35 fee to change a refundable ticket but $0 to refund). I was booked NBO FCO LAX JFK but decided I wanted to add JFK-ORD to see an old friend. (NBO-ORD is same price). Before cancelling I made sure I could purchase (get to checkout) on PL for new ticket.

Then I called the DL Platinum line and fed the agent the exact flight numbers. She was able to auto price instantly and correctly. The agent was in shock at the price. I hadn’t mentioned the expected price to her yet when she said “OMG, do you know what this costs?!” I told her “I’m hoping it’s $1095.03”. She couldn’t believe the fare. She wanted to ticket it ASAP before the fare got pulled. I told her it’s been live for too long to be a mistake.

Anyhoo...good data point that Delta can issue it fine on their end. Also meant I was able to use a $1000 ecredit voucher for a DBC yyz-atl last month!!
So going by your post, I can call DL and just ask them to issue the ticket?? I am assuming they can add the infant from their end right? Also I will be calling from the UK so I don't expect any complications
Old May 30, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Did you get NBO-FCO-JFK with AZ flight numbers on a 006 ticket? I'm not sure if this is less favorable for earnings?
Less favourable earnings compared to what? Ticket stock no longer matters for Delta Skymiles. Only the marketing carrier does. The ticket I had issued is AZ flight numbers NBO-FCO-LAX and Delta flight numbers LAX-JFK-ORD all on 006 stock. That’s the same it was going to be looking through Priceline.

For those of you looking to terminate in JFK. You can do all AZ flight numbers NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK for max earn. I’m not sure if using all AZ flight numbers will issue on 006 stock or not. I know typically there has to be one flight from the issuing carrier but the joint venture with KLM Delta Air France and Alitalia pretty much allows them to all ticket almost anything on each other‘s flights. For me the benefit of being able to ticket it directly with Delta was using the large travel credit I had.

Last edited by Utskicat; May 30, 2019 at 9:24 am Reason: clarification and typos
Old May 30, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by salehir
So going by your post, I can call DL and just ask them to issue the ticket?? I am assuming they can add the infant from their end right? Also I will be calling from the UK so I don't expect any complications
1) Yes, you can just call Delta. Just verify on ITA Matrix that the exact flight numbers and dates you will be feeding them price out correctly.

2) Regarding the infant ticket, yes they can do that or you can book through any other channel and always call Delta issue the infant ticket.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I may have missed this in search.

Looking into 2020, I see flights NBO-GVA-FCO-LAX. The NBO-GVA-FCO flights are AZ-marketed, Kenya Airways operated flights. For Delta Skymiles earning, would the Kenya Airways-operated flights (again, marketed by AZ with AZ flight numbers) be credit under Alitalia or Kenya Airways? Alitalia earns many more Skymiles RDMs, MQMs and MQDs than Kenya Airways.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
I may have missed this in search.

Looking into 2020, I see flights NBO-GVA-FCO-LAX. The NBO-GVA-FCO flights are AZ-marketed, Kenya Airways operated flights. For Delta Skymiles earning, would the Kenya Airways-operated flights (again, marketed by AZ with AZ flight numbers) be credit under Alitalia or Kenya Airways? Alitalia earns many more Skymiles RDMs, MQMs and MQDs than Kenya Airways.

Thanks!
Its been explained in length in numerous Skymiles threads but I'll state it again. For DL Skymiles, flights credit based on MARKETING carrier (not operating carrier), in this case AZ is the marketing carrier so it credits based on AZ earn (which you are correct is MUCH better than KQ earn since AZ is a level-1 Skyteam partner.) The only caveat, is that the OPERATING carrier MUST be a Skyteam member airline. So AZ7151 NBO-FCO operated by KQ will credit as a AZ flight to Skymiles with all bonuses. If you book the KQ flight using KQ flight number, you earn, but not nearly as lucrative. If you book AZ NBO-AUH operated by Eithad, you get NO credit for that segment because Eithad is not a Skyteam airline despite the AZ code. Lastly, issuing airline ticket stock has no bearing any more.
Pocatello and ristasm like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 9:36 am

Has anyone been able to actually reserve a seat on NBO-FCO or FCO-NBO on the KQ flight with a AZ flight number? I haven't and even called KQ (operating carrier) and was told to get seat at online checkin since I booked it as a codeshare. Its funny though, my inbound ticket (note: not on this fare, don't start looking for this!) is AF coded KQ flight and on airfrance.com I could get a seat assignment. I'm guessing that's because both AF and KQ both use Amadeus?
Old May 30, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Its been explained in length in numerous Skymiles threads but I'll state it again. For DL Skymiles, flights credit based on MARKETING carrier (not operating carrier), in this case AZ is the marketing carrier so it credits based on AZ earn (which you are correct is MUCH better than KQ earn since AZ is a level-1 Skyteam partner.) The only caveat, is that the OPERATING carrier MUST be a Skyteam member airline. So AZ7151 NBO-FCO operated by KQ will credit as a AZ flight to Skymiles with all bonuses. If you book the KQ flight using KQ flight number, you earn, but not nearly as lucrative. If you book AZ NBO-AUH operated by Eithad, you get NO credit for that segment because Eithad is not a Skyteam airline despite the AZ code. Lastly, issuing airline ticket stock has no bearing any more.

Thanks...appreciate it.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: delta
Possible going the other way?

I’m brand new to this and looking to go to Nairobi in August (dates are flexible). My home airport is JFK is there anyway to construct this trip starting in the US. I would appreciate any help! Thanks you.
Old May 30, 2019, 12:30 pm

Does anybody have a recommendation to get as much flying on DL metal as possible? I'm trying to use this as a Flying Club miles printer, since the 400% credit on DL flights is a big draw.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by kerrio1998
I’m brand new to this and looking to go to Nairobi in August (dates are flexible). My home airport is JFK is there anyway to construct this trip starting in the US. I would appreciate any help! Thanks you.
No this is an exit Kenya fare. You would have to find a one-way fare from US to Kenya. And then book this as a separate ticket back. It’s already been discussed earlier in this thread. Since the thread is getting long I will restate what I did. I bought a Boston to NBO ticket for $2200 And then this ticket for $1095.

If I had just purchased a round-trip ticket from Toronto it would’ve been about the same price. The only benefit to doing it this way what is the full J class on the return is amazing Skymiles and MQM earner.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:22 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I currently have this booked directly thru Delta.com. Is there any downside to canceling that ticket and purchasing it again via Amex travel portal for 5x points? I know general consensus is best to book directly with the airline but I think it's ok (or preferable) if I have Amex backing me up? Still pinching myself on this fare
Old May 30, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by DNPierson1
I currently have this booked directly thru Delta.com. Is there any downside to canceling that ticket and purchasing it again via Amex travel portal for 5x points? I know general consensus is best to book directly with the airline but I think it's ok (or preferable) if I have Amex backing me up? Still pinching myself on this fare
I don’t see a downside. For me getting the platinum desk to book it allowed me to use a travel credit. I’m just curious how did you actually get to book this through the website? I use ITA matrix tools and could extract the Delta.com referral link that works for me for most itineraries but it would not generate a quote and would error out. If I tried to use Delta‘s search tool itself, it would never find this. I’m just curious how you were able to book directly on Delta.com? Or did you mean you called Delta like I did?
Old May 30, 2019, 10:11 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K

I don’t see a downside. For me getting the platinum desk to book it allowed me to use a travel credit. I’m just curious how did you actually get to book this through the website? I use ITA matrix tools and could extract the Delta.com referral link that works for me for most itineraries but it would not generate a quote and would error out. If I tried to use Delta‘s search tool itself, it would never find this. I’m just curious how you were able to book directly on Delta.com? Or did you mean you called Delta like I did?
hmm I followed the instructions you laid out earlier - itamatrix and then bookwithitamatrix. Booking on delta.com was one of the options
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:24 am

SFO Stopover

Thanks everyone for great info on this. Following up on earlier not clear posting
Trying to book NBO to LAX or JFK with a stopover in SFO.
Has anyone been able to do that? I have tried so much.

43. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
44. NBO-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
45. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
46. NBO-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
47. NBO-PAR/AUH-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
48. NBO-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.