Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:20 pm

Question How far back possible to reschedule?

Both 2 tickets below for my mom and myself for her 75th birthday. She got shoved down the stairs in the SF MUNI last week, and while didn't break anything, the floor is so filthy she got sepsis from the skin damage / scrapes and been in the hospital 5 days. Now looks like we have to wait at least two months. (Outbound on miles which we can redeposit/change for a fee).
First, any sense on how late we can push these tickets back? Called Alitalia a few times just to ask questions and different responses every time.
Second, any recommendation on reissue how we should try to do for ticket stock etc? Probably just putting miles on Delta (AS preferred but don't think possible here).

18 Sep 19 NBO/FCO Class C Fare Basis: COWKE
19 Sep 19 FCO/LAX Class C Fare Basis: COWKE
0552345XXX ticket nos Booked on Alitalia.com 21 May 19
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Both 2 tickets below for my mom and myself for her 75th birthday. She got shoved down the stairs in the SF MUNI last week, and while didn't break anything, the floor is so filthy she got sepsis from the skin damage / scrapes and been in the hospital 5 days. Now looks like we have to wait at least two months. (Outbound on miles which we can redeposit/change for a fee).
First, any sense on how late we can push these tickets back? Called Alitalia a few times just to ask questions and different responses every time.
Second, any recommendation on reissue how we should try to do for ticket stock etc? Probably just putting miles on Delta (AS preferred but don't think possible here).

18 Sep 19 NBO/FCO Class C Fare Basis: COWKE
19 Sep 19 FCO/LAX Class C Fare Basis: COWKE
0552345XXX ticket nos Booked on Alitalia.com 21 May 19
I am sorry to hear about your mother's illness and hope she recovers soundly.

Having said that, I don't see how you can change those flights without paying current fares. Alitalia's call center does not make exceptions, and your fare rules are clear: you can either refund (perhaps against a fee because you have a C fare instead of a J fare) or if you change before the departure of the first flight, the fare is fully recalculated using today's pricing.

If it was on Delta ticket stock, and this happened, I think Delta definitely would have accommodated you as much as possible. I don't see Alitalia doing it, besides charging you the full fare difference between what you paid and what you're trying to change to. The only way to avoid that would be to fly the first leg of the ticket, then you would be subject to the historical pricing.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond - Marriott Titanium - Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat
I **think** you would be okay as you are still flying the first segment. Who did you book with, that will be the biggest impact...if its an online travel agency, any change will be frustrating most likely. If you booked with Delta and have any status, the Medallion desk will probably be able to do it without much fuss. Let us know how it works out!

On another note, I'm in Nairobi right now. Took my one-way Z ticket down last week. Had a misconnect and got rerouted. When they rebooked me, the rebooked J instead of Z so I got 200% instead of 150%. Huge win!
Thanks again to you all for all your precious hints.
I tried to change the 2nd part of my 1st fare component (FCO-LAX-JFK) on the day after I flew NBO-FCO and I was able to make the change based on historical fares.

There was only one moment that was scary as the DL representative said that they could not find the old fare (JOWKE) because they were looking on the date when the ticket was changed back from AF 057 ticket stock to DL 006 ticket stock. I did a quick research on my emails and found the date when I originally booked it in May and told the representative and issue was solved.

To reposition myself to NBO I bought a cheap ticket in economy. On the day I had to fly CDG-NBO, the flight was in overbooking and luckily I got upgraded to business but got the miles based on the economy ticket as it should be.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:01 am

I have tried to cancel my ticket from NBO to ORD I booked with Flight Network. However they are quoting a 50% cancelation fee, which seems rather high to me, given that it is a J-class ticket.

Are they correct that there is a 50% cancellation fee and is there anywhere I can verify this? They are claiming this is coming from the airline, but they are not willing/unable to send me any proof of this.

My fare basis is JOWKE (verified on SAUDI website) which has the following fare rules according to EF:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Spoiler

Last edited by Rambol; Jan 9, 2020 at 4:02 am Reason: spoiler tags
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:09 am

Another Historical Fare Question

Last year, I booked NBO-AUH-FCO-CDG-LAX through Priceline.

I have flown the first 2 segments and am in Rome now. I am trying to change flight times from FCO and CDG to increase the amount of time that I have in Paris.
My understanding is that I would be able to work with Alitalia to make the changes that I want since I have already flown the first segment, but the call center is insistent that I work with Priceline. When I call Priceline they find the new flights that I want, but claim that I have to pay the difference between the today's price and the original fare.

Any suggestions on how to get them to understand that the new itinerary should use historical pricing?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Designtime
Last year, I booked NBO-AUH-FCO-CDG-LAX through Priceline.

I have flown the first 2 segments and am in Rome now. I am trying to change flight times from FCO and CDG to increase the amount of time that I have in Paris.
My understanding is that I would be able to work with Alitalia to make the changes that I want since I have already flown the first segment, but the call center is insistent that I work with Priceline. When I call Priceline they find the new flights that I want, but claim that I have to pay the difference between the today's price and the original fare.

Any suggestions on how to get them to understand that the new itinerary should use historical pricing?
That's a tough one. This is exactly why booking via an OTA is not advised. Changes are always a nightmare. I would call back Priceline and kindly ask for a supervisor. You need them to find someone with proper reissue training. Tell them they have to read the fare rules that clearly state changes to the return are allowed at no charge and use historical fares. I would tell them you have even confirmed this with AZ but AZ states PL has to do the reissue since they made it. It will still be an uphill battle. Note...many OTA's still have their "own" reissue fee that is separate from the airline/ticket's fees that you may still need to pay.

If that still doesn't work, I'd call back AZ and explain that PL is refusing to service the ticket based on the fare rules and that you want them to take control of the ticket as its ultimately their fare contract you bought. You'll need to push really hard. I have no idea how much AZ will push back...my only experience is with Delta. At DL, if you can get hold of a supervisor and the OTA is not cooperating, they will intervene.

Best of luck!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:34 pm

Clarification from what I said: "Tell them they have to read the fare rules that clearly state changes to the return are allowed at no charge..."
Should say "the fare rules clearly state after travel has commenced". Use EF to pull the full txt of JOWKE or pm and I'll send it to you. If you are going to fight, you need to have the fare rule txt in front of you.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:50 pm

Okay...Update to my previous post.

Below are the exact wording of the fare. Are you in CDG on the return portion of the ticket or the outbound. Airline industry standard practice is to consider any travel commended as using historical fares. Others who have reissued this fare with Delta have no issues with this. However, reading the fare rules it actually states "fare component". If you are in CDG on your outbound leg, then PL could interpret the rules that they cannot use historical fares because they would be changing the first fare component. You may need to get AZ's input on the rules and if AZ agrees its okay, they will need to document the reservation in a way that PL can see the comments. I have BOLDED the problematic text.

AFTER DEPARTURE
CHANGES PERMITTED.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
WAIVED FOR ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY
MEMBER.ILLNESS/DEATH WAIVER MUST BE SUBSTANTIATED
BY A VALID HOSPITAL/DEATH CERTIFICATE.
--------------------------------------------------
CHANGE RULES APPLY PER FARE COMPONENT.
CHARGE APPLIES BY TRANSACTION - PER PERSON
FOR ADULT/CHILD AND INFANT.
WHEN MORE THAN ONE FARE COMPONENT IS
CHANGED AT SAME TIME THE HIGHEST PENALTY
OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS APPLIES.
AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND JOURNEY
A CHANGE IS A DATE/OR FLIGHT OR ROUTING
MODIFICATION. IN THE EVENT OF REROUTING
THE FARE MUST BE RECALCULATED USING THE APPLICABLE
FARE FOR THE NEW ORIGIN/DESTINATION
OR THE NEW ROUTING.
NEW RESERVATION AND REISSUE/REVALIDATION
MUST BE MADE AT THE SAME TIME. THE NEW
BASE FARE AMOUNT MUST BE RECALCULATED USING
FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING
DATE IF CHANGE DOES NOT OCCUR ON THE FIRST
FARE COMPONENT OF THE JOURNEY.
WHEN CHANGE OCCURS ON THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT
OF THE JOURNEY ONLY OR ON THE FIRST FARE COMPONENT
AND OTHER FARE COMPONENTS OF THE JOURNEY NEW FARE
WILL BE RECALCULATED USING FARES IN EFFECT ON
DATE OF REISSUE.

FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY
CHANGE CAN BE DONE IN SAME OR HIGHER
BOOKING CLASS.
THE FARE MAY BE LOWER - EQUAL OR HIGHER
THAN PREVIOUS FARE. WHEN CHANGE RESULTS
IN A LOWER FARE NO CREDIT/REFUND OF RESIDUAL
AMOUNT WILL BE MADE.ALL RULE PROVISIONS OF
THE NEWLY TICKETED FARE MUST BE MET.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:24 am

Utskicat,

Thank you, you were amazingly generous with the work that you put into this reply. I am in Rome now (Wed morning Rome time), I am scheduled to leave for CDG on Friday. I will call priceline and present them with the fare rules that you forwarded and report back.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:50 am

One more thing to add: Since this is a one-way multi city, I am assuming this is the outbound (I have flown NBO-AUH-FCO, and am in Rome now)?. I flew to NBO on a separate ticket on Turkish airlines.

Last edited by Designtime; Jan 15, 2020 at 4:14 am
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:27 am

No luck dealing with Priceline. I have mostly myself to blame for using Priceline in the first place. I am going to try working with the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.