Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Utskicat

I answered this in great detail. Yes, you can do it. Don’t keep asking the same question when it’s been answered.
However, once you do this, I think you introduce the same problem I ran into - a stopover at the US port of entry forces the flights post-stopover that are within the domestic US to be DL marketed. However, if you have any ways or suggestions around this, I would really appreciate them, and thank you in advance.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
No way that ORD-LAX is on AZ metal. That would have to be DL metal.

Is it ORD-LAX nonstop, or with a stop? How did you get AZ flight numbers despite a stop in Chicago?

I followed the previous instructions on here and could replicate AZ flight numbers all the way through for short connections, but once a multi-day stop was introduced at the US port of entry (in my case, LAX, to then continue LAX-JFK-MIA) then the onward US domestic flights ONLY came up as DL flight numbers. There was no way they ever came up as AZ flight numbers, once a stopover was introduced.

If someone can correct me here, I would love that, but for example I did NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK-MIA. 3 day stopover @ LAX. Once I did that, I could only get LAX-JFK-MIA. I even looked up the AZ codeshare number for the DL domestic LAX-JFK, but ITA would always error out and not find it. I believe this has something to do with the codeshare only being able to be used in conjunction with certain other flights, e.g. within close proximity of the AZ operated AZ marketed FCO-LAX flight preceding this one on the ticket - but I would love to be proven wrong (so I can rebook with all, or more, AZ flight numbers!)
You’re right, I was way too excited and posted too quickly. The ORD to LAX is on DL.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DeltaFan1

You’re right, I was way too excited and posted too quickly. The ORD to LAX is on DL.
As DL or AZ flight numbers?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
I assume it is DL flight numbers since from what I know, foreign carriers cannot sell flights on purely domestic legs (without an international connection). My stopover flights were booked with DL flight numbers.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
However, once you do this, I think you introduce the same problem I ran into - a stopover at the US port of entry forces the flights post-stopover that are within the domestic US to be DL marketed. However, if you have any ways or suggestions around this, I would really appreciate them, and thank you in advance.
As long as the connection is under 24 hours and AZ flight numbers exist, you should be able to do it. Once the "connection" exceeds 24 hrs it becomes a stopover and you must use DL flight numbers. Also beware, that there are routing possibilities with DL domestic that are not listed in the AZ routing table. There is a comment in the fare rules somewhere about "valid DL domestic routing". From playing around with ITA on this fare, it appears you can only take a stopover on the published routing cities, not in US domestic cities on DL that are not gateways. In response to the poster ThaiTraveler, it appears from their post they want to deplane in SFO and not use last segment. In order to do this without requesting/fighting for a baggage short check, I recommended that they just put an overnight in SFO but under 24 hours as ITA shows this is a valid for all AZ flights.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:02 am

FCO to JFK - Delta One on the 767 or the Alitalia business on the A330.
Any thoughts on who has a better business class product - trans atlantic - Delta or Alitalia?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:46 pm

Had itinerary saved last night and was going to pull the trigger this morning after confirming a few things. Looks like fare is dead for NBO-FCO-USA flights. Only able to find nb-auh-fco-usa on google flights.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Looks gone to me, just when I figured out my positioning flights, and was finally ready to buy!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:57 pm

I agree with the last few posts the fare is dead now. An expert flyer fare lookup shows that there’s no longer a JOWKE published fare.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I cancelled yesterday via Priceline and was going to rebook something via Delta, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by cricfan777
Had itinerary saved last night and was going to pull the trigger this morning after confirming a few things. Looks like fare is dead for NBO-FCO-USA flights. Only able to find nb-auh-fco-usa on google flights.
Originally Posted by FNZFUND
Looks gone to me, just when I figured out my positioning flights, and was finally ready to buy!
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I cancelled yesterday via Priceline and was going to rebook something via Delta, but hadn't gotten around to it yet.
This sucks guys! So sorry. Total bummer. I feel for you. I know it doesn't help to harp on this but next time with a fully refundable fare, book it first then confirm! I think its possible that the fare may come back in some form, probably under a more reasonable booking code like Z for this price point. They are currently not publishing any one way fare at all now exit NBO, only RT restrictive business class fare which is odd.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by zoonil
FCO to JFK - Delta One on the 767 or the Alitalia business on the A330.
Any thoughts on who has a better business class product - trans atlantic - Delta or Alitalia?
If it were a DL 777, 350 or 330, I would lean towards DL. AZ has some really great business class reviews despite the 2x2x2 layout on the hard product. Apparently they have some great food reviews. I would take ANYTHING over a Delta 767-300 or 767-400 in Business/Delta One. DL's 767 fleet are falling apart and seats are decrepit.

As a DL flyer I booked AZ so I could try them out.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Total bummer. I feel for you.
Thanks, it's my own dumb fault. I had it booked for later this month and was going to need to change it, but didn't know for when and didn't want to pay PL $35 every time I changed my mind.

Which leads me to a question: If you have an unused o/w fare and change it would it be recalculated using current fares or with the fare you already purchased?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Which leads me to a question: If you have an unused o/w fare and change it would it be recalculated using current fares or with the fare you already purchased?
Great question. Its in the fare rules, but almost always its like this:
1) Change to flights on first fare component = reprice with today's valid fare
2) Change to second fare component = reprice with original issue date historical fare.
3) Change after first segment is flown (travel commenced) = reprice with original issue date historical fare.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:24 pm

If it were a DL 777, 350 or 330, I would lean towards DL. AZ has some really great business class reviews despite the 2x2x2 layout on the hard product. Apparently they have some great food reviews. I would take ANYTHING over a Delta 767-300 or 767-400 in Business/Delta One. DL's 767 fleet are falling apart and seats are decrepit.

As a DL flyer I booked AZ so I could try them out.
AZ has all 1-2-1 layout on its wide bodys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.