Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
If the AZ marketed flights are ticketed on Delta ticket stock (protection) are we certain that the ticket still earns at the AZ rate?

At the bottom of the DL booking page it states:

Terms and Conditions
SkyMiles Earning

1 Miles Earned Footnote

Delta-marketed or - ticketed flights earn miles based on ticket price (base fare plus any carrier-imposed surcharges), up to 75,000 miles per ticket. ↵
Old May 13, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by langbr01
If the AZ marketed flights are ticketed on Delta ticket stock (protection) are we certain that the ticket still earns at the AZ rate?

Terms and Conditions
SkyMiles Earning

1 Miles Earned Footnote

Delta-marketed or - ticketed flights earn miles based on ticket price (base fare plus any carrier-imposed surcharges), up to 75,000 miles per ticket. ↵
This was the case a few years ago, but was way to confusing for both Delta and passengers. Delta simplified (I think in 2017) that only the marketed carrier per segment matters. Ticketed carried no longer has any bearing. Its been discussed in length on the Skyteam threads here. Here is one ref: Earning Skymiles on Air France? POST #3
langbr01 likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:09 am
AOH

I'm trying to book this ticket while ideally stopping over in AUH, BOS, ATL and LAX in November, but can't seem to find a ticket anywhere near the price listed above. Is anyone able to confirm that including these stops is possible? I don't need to visit the US cities in any particular order.
I'm new at this and finding the process a bit overwhelming, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 15, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by AOH
I'm trying to book this ticket while ideally stopping over in AUH, BOS, ATL and LAX in November, but can't seem to find a ticket anywhere near the price listed above. Is anyone able to confirm that including these stops is possible? I don't need to visit the US cities in any particular order.
I'm new at this and finding the process a bit overwhelming, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, I think only the order you specified works (AUH, BOS, ATL then LAX). Unlimited stopovers permissible, so you can list the segments one by one on ITA, put 'f az..jowke' in the extension codes field to ensure it sticks to this fare, and then adjust your dates accordingly.
AOH likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by langbr01

Terms and Conditions
SkyMiles Earning

1 Miles Earned Footnote

This used to be the case. DL only cares about marketing carrier (and that if NON-DL coded, that operating carrier is in ST). However their website still shows pre and post change rules. Ticketing has zero bearing anymore.
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:57 pm

Has anyone managed to successfully book a NBO-LAX-JFK-LAX-NBO RT itinerary? Priceline allows making the booking, but errors out on checkout or eventually cancels the booking after failing to ticket it.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:47 pm
AOH

Originally Posted by Unionruler
Yes, I think only the order you specified works (AUH, BOS, ATL then LAX). Unlimited stopovers permissible, so you can list the segments one by one on ITA, put 'f az..jowke' in the extension codes field to ensure it sticks to this fare, and then adjust your dates accordingly.
Thanks so much! I'm still can't replicate this on Matrix though when I put in the same dates, etc.
Is it just a matter of manually trying as many combinations/dates as I can?
Old May 16, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by AOH
Thanks so much! I'm still can't replicate this on Matrix though when I put in the same dates, etc.
Is it just a matter of manually trying as many combinations/dates as I can?
No I didn't have any problems putting AUH FCO BOS ATL in the routing bar. Don't put EY though as AZ is the marketing carrier for the EY legs. It should show up by itself. Or you could search as a multi-city with a break in BOS.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Hopefully a more seasoned Delta flyer can help me with this question. I took advantage of one of the AZ marketed (ST operated) flights from NBO to LAX in J class. With the routing, its about 10k miles flown. I get the MQMs will be 200% or 20k MQMs and the MQDs will be 40% or $4,000, but I am curious about the RDMs or redeemable miles. For J class, you get 100% base, 100% class bonus, and 120% bonus for being Diamond when flying on AZ? Is that correct... If so, I should earn 10,000 + 10,000 + 12,000 for a total of 32,000? Did I get that correct? Thanks!
Old May 18, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
dumb question

Last edited by mizzou miles; May 18, 2019 at 6:41 pm Reason: dumb
Old May 19, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ColdIsCool
Hopefully a more seasoned Delta flyer can help me with this question. I took advantage of one of the AZ marketed (ST operated) flights from NBO to LAX in J class. With the routing, its about 10k miles flown. I get the MQMs will be 200% or 20k MQMs and the MQDs will be 40% or $4,000, but I am curious about the RDMs or redeemable miles. For J class, you get 100% base, 100% class bonus, and 120% bonus for being Diamond when flying on AZ? Is that correct... If so, I should earn 10,000 + 10,000 + 12,000 for a total of 32,000? Did I get that correct? Thanks!
Yes, you got it right.
Old May 19, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I just ticketed via Priceline and looked up the ticket# on Saudia. I was booked into C. Does anyone know if using BookWithMatrix can force it to J?
Old May 20, 2019, 12:26 am

Update for anyone still looking to use this fare. It appears that AZ is only publishing their AZ codeshare flight number on the operated KQ flight NBO-FCO (or NBO-LHR, or NBO-GVA) through the end of October. All routings November on must use NBO-AUH (operated by Eithad) and thus not crediting to Delta/Skyteam.
Pocatello likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:54 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
If you ticket from Italian OTA you can skip any leg in this ticket and use the rest too.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
If you ticket from Italian OTA you can skip any leg in this ticket and use the rest too.
Can you offer more information about why you think this? This doesn’t really make any sense. A travel agency issuing a ticket has no bearing on the terms and conditions of the issuing stock airlines. The record still exists in the airlines reservation system and is subject to the rules. Every airline in the world requires that you use coupons in order otherwise remaining coupons will be cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.