Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by minz56
I have just had a response from MH via Twitter. In addition to a full refund they are now offering:

"One complimentary ticket on selected destinations within our network on flights operated by Malaysia Airlines (terms and conditions apply)"

I have requested further details about this offer, but I suspect it will be limited.
have they given anyone an actual explanation as to why they have cancelled the tickets yet?

they are still ignoring me - 3 hours until their 24 hours are up
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by iamWill
Thank you for update. At least there's something good coming out of this. Is there any restriction on this? Timeframe to book it, minimum, maximum stay etc
I have asked for the full rules of the ticket being offered. Will revert when they let me know.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by bosskh

have they given anyone an actual explanation as to why they have cancelled the tickets yet?

they are still ignoring me - 3 hours until their 24 hours are up

This is what they have just said via Twitter:

"Tickets on the affected flights were unfortunately cancelled due to incorrect fares that had been inadvertently created and published on online travel agent (OTA) sites. We were not able to honour these fares as the flights in question are operated by our codeshare partner, Emirates."

At the end of day I would imagine they just don't want to bear the financial loss.

How did you contact them? I have now contacted them via Twitter, Facebook, Email and Orbitz. Initially they didn't respond on Twitter but have done so today. On Facebook I had a brief exchange then they directed me to [email protected]. That email message generated an auto response with a case number, which I guess can be deemed to be the acknowledgement. No email response yet. Also the Facebook agent specifically refused to give me the contact details of someone who could handle a complaint like this.

I might also say that Orbitz haven't exactly been terribly pro-active here.
bosskh and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

This is what they have just said via Twitter:

"Tickets on the affected flights were unfortunately cancelled due to incorrect fares that had been inadvertently created and published on online travel agent (OTA) sites. We were not able to honour these fares as the flights in question are operated by our codeshare partner, Emirates."

At the end of day I would imagine they just don't want to bear the financial loss.

How did you contact them? I have now contacted them via Twitter, Facebook, Email and Orbitz. Initially they didn't respond on Twitter but have done so today. On Facebook I had a brief exchange then they directed me to [email protected]. That message generated an auto response with a case number, which I guess can be deemed to be the acknowledgement. No email response yet. Also the Facebook agent specifically refused to give me the contact details of someone who could handle a complaint like this.

I might also say that Orbitz haven't exactly been terribly pro-active here.
I have been communication with them on Facebook. When I asked for official complaint details, they said I could submit the complaint on Facebook so I have. Now they are ignoring me so I might try that email instead.

Its pretty ridiculous as all I have asked for so far is an explanation of why my ticket has been cancelled.

Agreed Orbitz have gone quiet too!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:11 pm

Here are more details on what they are offering:

"Pertaining to your query, you will be given a free return ticket or single sector (point-to-point) on Economy Class.
This complimentary ticket offer is non-transferable and only applicable to the passengers affected. The ticket must be originating from Kuala Lumpur and valid only on Malaysia Airlines operated flights listed below:
MALAYSIA: Alor Setar, Johor Baru, Kota Baru, Kuantan, Langkawi, Penang, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Kinabalu, Bintulu, Kuching, Labuan, Miri, Sibu, Sandakan, Tawau
ASEAN: Bangkok, Bandar Seri Begawan, Jakarta, Bali, Hanoi, Phuket, Medan, Manila, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Surabaya
ASIA: Guangzhou, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Haikou, Hong Kong, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Xiamen, Bangalore, Mumbai, Colombo, Dhaka, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Kathmandu, Chennai, Incheon, Osaka, Tokyo
(inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharges)"
Seems OK to me. One could upgrade in theory using MHUpgrade. Based on flightradar24 data for the last 7 days, the 5 operating A380s in the fleet have been to: MED,NRT,JED,ICN, and the 6 A350s have been to: LHR,KIX,SYD,NRT.

From the destinations, JED is the furthest at 4,394 miles (its further than DXB!) and potentially in an A380!
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:15 pm

Hey this is the email from Vayama rgds to the error fare.

"Malaysia Airlines has just informed us that the fare you selected was based on an illegal routing that caused your ticket to be priced too low- The erroneous calculation of your ticket was caused by a technical problem on the website of the airline and was relayed via our website. On the basis of these facts Malaysia Airlines has now decided to cancel all affected bookings.

The airline has informed us that all concerned bookings will be cancelled with immediate effect and that customers will receive a full refund of their tickets."

Sigh is the complimentary tickets targeted?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by fflover2004
.....Sigh is the complimentary tickets targeted?
I would ask them via Facebook or Twitter
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
.... in an A380!
Yes, but not quite EK first
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
For those paying with non-USD denominated credit cards -- was your refunded amount in your home currency different from what was originally debited from the card? I've lost about 40 USD (equivalent) on this transaction.

Would I contact MH or my bank to get this sorted?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
For those paying with non-USD denominated credit cards -- was your refunded amount in your home currency different from what was originally debited from the card? I've lost about 40 USD (equivalent) on this transaction.

Would I contact MH or my bank to get this sorted?
I haven't had my refund yet, but I expect a shortfall too. I would contact your bank in the first instance and explain what happened and how you should proceed. However I expect you will end up having to claim it from MH.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:26 am

I would ask them via Facebook or Twitter
agreed, I have now had the offer too (they said someone will reach out to explain it in detail). So while rather incompetent, perhaps not as arrogant as they first appeared!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:27 am

When I talked to an Expedia agent over the phone yesterday he said I would be refunded within 24 hours. Last night I got an email saying within 10 week. In the email they also claim that I initiated the cancellation/refund process and that they would keep a service fee. Think I will have to talk to them again.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I got offered a free ticket too - told them I would be taking them to MAVCOM because of a hotel booking, they just said we've given a free flight. Let's try MAVCOM and see how we go thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:04 am

how do you guys get the offer and who to contact? I called MH and they say to contact orbitz for refund and get 'flight compensation' from them but I'm skeptical of this
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by iamWill
how do you guys get the offer and who to contact? I called MH and they say to contact orbitz for refund and get 'flight compensation' from them but I'm skeptical of this
message them on social media and mention MAVCOM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.