Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Ephlong
I brought the tickets from gate1.com and i still didnt get my refund!
Anyone here experienced this or booked from gate1?
i did , no refund yet !
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:16 am

@Minz:
Thanks for filing / posting the complaint response. I wanted to but never did - knew the low risks of it being honored but ended up more frustrated about how Malaysian handled the whole thing. Lucky for me, we booked on Orbitz so that piece was helpful in the resolution. I'm sorry to hear people are still struggling with refunds from other OTA's/ Malaysian Air.

Just a comment on the MAB's findings maybe being inaccurate: (paragraph 4) it mentions that Malaysian air was in compliance by cancelling the flights immediately and issuing refunds. I can verify my ticket was not cancelled for almost 7 days after purchasing through validation on Orbitz' site. Once we saw a change (CGK-KUL live, KUL-DXB missing), we called in. Orbitz wasn't aware of why the cancellation just that it was cancelled on the airline's end. It took 2-3 days for Orbitz to work it out with Malaysian and another week or so to issue the refund. All the while these flights were on sale for $10k+. So, if Malaysian cancelled these, they must have done it by internal office post-it or something.

Anyway, it was a bummer missing out yet I knew the risks going in.

Last edited by skaars; Mar 21, 2019 at 7:18 am Reason: i didn't properly quote the message and instead hit Quick Reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.