Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Frankly speaking, do not put too much hope on MAVCOM. There have been so many complains about MAS over various issue but I dun think MAVCOM care or taken any action.

I encounter twice with MAS. Once they cancel my connecting flight n then rebook me on a earlier connecting flight. But problem is that the earlier connecting flight is much earlier than my first flight.

2nd time , they cancel my booking which I book 330 days out (for Chinese New Year period). The price is quite low. They cancel 6 month later. (Citing that the flight is cancel n put me on a longer connecting flight. The initial flight is direct). But apparently the direct flight is still on sale (at much much higher price).

I ask them to reinstate my direct flight, they said no availability. After to and fro for 3 months , they finally given me the original direct flight. It seem like that they can anyhow cancel one booking/flight in high demand so that they can sell it at higher price.
thanks for sharing. I will bail and book a QR itinerary for my journey, but I’m still going to complain to MH and then (unless MH respond satisfactorily) to MAVCOM and would encourage anyone who can be bothered to do the same.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:01 am

May I know, this is malaysia airline mistake or OTA mistake. Since like both parties are not admit is their mistake and push to each other
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Please do not use the M-word here
It were MH who uploaded the fares to the GDS. OTAs only sold what was in the system
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by WilliamAWL
May I know, this is malaysia airline mistake or OTA mistake. Since like both parties are not admit is their mistake and push to each other
This deal was on a couple of OTA's (like Orbitz & Expedia), then it definitely lies in Malaysia Airline's corner. As I've said before, I have no interest in a refund until I hear what MAS have to say about the cancellation. So far they've been pretty bad.

Has anyone actually tried to get in touch with MAVCOM?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by jubbing
....Has anyone actually tried to get in touch with MAVCOM?
Not yet. I am still pursuing this with MH (as MAVCOM requires), but so far I am only getting the stock responses.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Not yet. I am still pursuing this with MH (as MAVCOM requires), but so far I am only getting the stock responses.
this is more than me - they are ignoring me now! I have submitted a formal complaint (at this stage just asking for an explanation of what has happened to my ticket and why) to MH which they are supposed to acknowledge within 24hrs per MAVCOM - will update if they do
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:35 am

Spoke to Expedia, they told me I would be refunded within 24 hours.

Fair enough, on to the next fare.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:38 am

I did compliant to Mavcom. Do you think is useful to complaint to Mavcom since they offer a refund. For this booking I think is zero hope they will honoured the booking. I really hope Mavcom can ask them to honour all the booking. But the chances Ian very low. Or anyone else have any idea ?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by WilliamAWL
I did compliant to Mavcom. Do you think is useful to complaint to Mavcom since they offer a refund. For this booking I think is zero hope they will honoured the booking. I really hope Mavcom can ask them to honour all the booking. But the chances Ian very low. Or anyone else have any idea ?
if you have a lot of time until your booking or you don’t really need to travel, it might be worth pursuing (but with realistic hopes of success). In my case I don’t have the luxury of time so am making alternative travel plans but will be pursuing the complaints anyway.

MH’s handling so far seems to be even worse than Alitalia’s handling of that other infamous fare . . .
tkids likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:47 pm

I have just had a response from MH via Twitter. In addition to a full refund they are now offering:

"One complimentary ticket on selected destinations within our network on flights operated by Malaysia Airlines (terms and conditions apply)"

I have requested further details about this offer, but I suspect it will be limited.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I have just had a response from MH via Twitter. In addition to a full refund they are now offering:

"One complimentary ticket on selected destinations within our network on flights operated by Malaysia Airlines (terms and conditions apply)"

I have requested further details about this offer, but I suspect it will be limited.
Interesting. I haven't received a response from MH for a couple of days now. Prior to that they had first told me "don't worry, your ticket is in order" followed by the stock standard error fare response. Will keep chasing.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:23 pm

Here are more details on what they are offering:

"Pertaining to your query, you will be given a free return ticket or single sector (point-to-point) on Economy Class.
This complimentary ticket offer is non-transferable and only applicable to the passengers affected. The ticket must be originating from Kuala Lumpur and valid only on Malaysia Airlines operated flights listed below:
MALAYSIA: Alor Setar, Johor Baru, Kota Baru, Kuantan, Langkawi, Penang, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Kinabalu, Bintulu, Kuching, Labuan, Miri, Sibu, Sandakan, Tawau
ASEAN: Bangkok, Bandar Seri Begawan, Jakarta, Bali, Hanoi, Phuket, Medan, Manila, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Surabaya
ASIA: Guangzhou, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Haikou, Hong Kong, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Xiamen, Bangalore, Mumbai, Colombo, Dhaka, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Kathmandu, Chennai, Incheon, Osaka, Tokyo
(inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharges)"
CX_newbie likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Booked one of these for March 10-17, but canceled right before the deadline for a full refund. I booked the INV-LAX/LAS/SFO deal instead, almost the same price point but at least I'll get some miles and perhaps Gold status with BA which gives lounge access domestically in the US. For those who are still fighting for this deal, good luck, and I hope you get to shower above 35000 feet in the air soon!!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:52 pm

"Pertaining to your query, you will be given a free return ticket or single sector (point-to-point) on Economy Class.
This complimentary ticket offer is non-transferable and only applicable to the passengers affected. The ticket must be originating from Kuala Lumpur and valid only on Malaysia Airlines operated flights listed below:
MALAYSIA: Alor Setar, Johor Baru, Kota Baru, Kuantan, Langkawi, Penang, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Kinabalu, Bintulu, Kuching, Labuan, Miri, Sibu, Sandakan, Tawau
ASEAN: Bangkok, Bandar Seri Begawan, Jakarta, Bali, Hanoi, Phuket, Medan, Manila, Phnom Penh, Yangon, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Surabaya
ASIA: Guangzhou, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Haikou, Hong Kong, Nanjing, Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Xiamen, Bangalore, Mumbai, Colombo, Dhaka, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Kathmandu, Chennai, Incheon, Osaka, Tokyo
this is hilarious. are they seriously bargaining EK F one way for 7hr for intra-Asia ROUNDTRIP on MH Y??? At least offer DXB in the mix eh?
Looks like my tix is still alive. Are they incredibly slow at cancellation or I am getting lucky?
But hey, who doesn't want to trade 8hr EK F for 4hr of domestic Y? ;P
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:53 pm

Thank you for update. At least there's something good coming out of this. Is there any restriction on this? Timeframe to book it, minimum, maximum stay etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.