Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
This 'complementary ticket' just became quite useless - MH call center agent says its only valid in booking class N, Q or O - which I believe are super promo fares.... not written anywhere on the MH letter either.

Leave it to MH to continue throwing unprofessional and surprising tricks with the handling and communication of this
N, Q or O classes are not desperately bad, and I would have been surprised had it been in a higher class. It could have been an award fare bucket which would have been much worse.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
N, Q or O classes are not desperately bad, and I would have been surprised had it been in a higher class. It could have been an award fare bucket which would have been much worse.
N, Q or O do not accrue miles to any partner airline. Only MH, at 25% or 50% at the distance flown.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:08 pm

Folks, I thought I slipped through, but unfortunately that has changed. Just got CheapO's cancellation email, and refund has been in process. That is almost 2 weeks after the deal. 2 weeks! Reservation disappeared from both EK and MH sites. After missing the CX deal I thought this would be the least comfort I could get myself, but I guess that was a dream. Got the standard offer from CheapO.
I had a one way booking and that might be why it was the last to be combed.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
Got the standard offer from CheapO.
I had a one way booking and that might be why it was the last to be combed.
What did they offer?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by oaikabob
What did they offer?
the same as everyone else's: one RT in Y on MH metal ex-KUL, no c2 c6.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:53 pm

Has anyone gotten a refund from Orbitz?

I received the email announcing the cancellation from Orbitz.

No refund till date, and PNR still active in MH app.

Called Orbitz, claimed they needed to get a waiver of cancellation fee code from MH.

Called MH, claimed they gave all that to all the OTAs when the ticket was cancelled.

Can still see all my booking details on MH app but not EK app LOL.

Any advice?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
This 'complementary ticket' just became quite useless - MH call center agent says its only valid in booking class N, Q or O - which I believe are super promo fares.... not written anywhere on the MH letter either.

Leave it to MH to continue throwing unprofessional and surprising tricks with the handling and communication of this
Why is that useless? Almost all flights have availability in these booking classes. Be thankful that they don't require award booking classes.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Why is that useless? Almost all flights have availability in these booking classes. Be thankful that they don't require award booking classes.
Wouldn't award booking classes technically be better since the are generally more flexible than the most restricted economy fares (which don't earn any miles anyway, other than to MH's own programme)?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not during the peak periods when I originally had booked these flights ;-) E.g. CNY ex-Hong Kong unfortunately... now i had to shell out 700 EUR for an economy class ticket to SEA whilst that same ticket was on sale for 200-300 euro a few weeks back. I guess we win some we lose some.

That said lots of issues getting a refund like others are having; and Orbitz is telling them MH informs them nothing of the 'free ticket' sort... super strange
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Not during the peak periods when I originally had booked these flights ;-) E.g. CNY ex-Hong Kong unfortunately... now i had to shell out 700 EUR for an economy class ticket to SEA whilst that same ticket was on sale for 200-300 euro a few weeks back. I guess we win some we lose some.

That said lots of issues getting a refund like others are having; and Orbitz is telling them MH informs them nothing of the 'free ticket' sort... super strange
To be honest I wouldn't have expected them to provide the ticket on a full Y basis without being subject to any capacity control.

Not surprised about MH's amateurish style and conduct. The company is simply horrible when it comes to management and customer service.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Has anyone gotten a refund from Orbitz?

I received the email announcing the cancellation from Orbitz.

No refund till date, and PNR still active in MH app.

Called Orbitz, claimed they needed to get a waiver of cancellation fee code from MH.

Called MH, claimed they gave all that to all the OTAs when the ticket was cancelled.

Can still see all my booking details on MH app but not EK app LOL.

Any advice?
still did not receive refund either. Does anyone receive refund at this moment?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Still no refund here from Orbitz..
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I got refunded by Orbitz. Paid in USD with an EUR mastercard, returned exact same amount so no exchange fee losses. To be honest Orbitz managed this professionally. I think they couldn't do more as the issue was in MH hands to solve this. It is MH their decision to compensate with this lame Y class free ticket. They could've given nothing so better than just refund.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:50 am

I Get refund from mytrip.com. But short of USD135
what can i do ?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:28 am

I contacted Orbitz via phone and was told the refund could take up to 8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.