Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by fflover2004
And there you go. Full refund announced via MA Twitter. It was fun.
You got a link? Couldn't find it on @mas
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:34 pm

Way to go AJ, actually sending a link to this thread to MH via Twit.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:42 pm

"twitter.com/MAS/status/1082831119740010496"

sorry abt that. can't post url until after 5 posts
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Kyle47
Mine was cancelled too. For the refund process, do I need to contact Orbitz, or MH will authorise Orbitz to refund me automatically?
any ideas?
You need to go back to Orbitz.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Here is the twitter DM I got from MAS - they haven't officially told me what the 'issue' is, I'm definitely going to throw MAVCOM in their face. Is anyone able to show where pricing errors cannot be cancelled - is was there somewhere above but I couldn't find tt again.

https://imgur.com/a/zAl2jdH - photo link
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Way to go AJ, actually sending a link to this thread to MH via Twit.
This really leaves me dumbfounded. Too many people in need to talk to OTA or airline(s)...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:05 pm

Omg, sending the link to the airline to that same thread? I don't like to sound harsh, but sometimes people just forget to use their brain...all that we need to know about sharing deals on internet
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I saw that thread on Twitter as well, funny.
BTW. I called Orbitz, and after i input my Iternary number, the auto-response said my booking was cancelled, and the refund will process in 24 hours.
travelswithmyself likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by jubbing
Here is the twitter DM I got from MAS - they haven't officially told me what the 'issue' is, I'm definitely going to throw MAVCOM in their face. Is anyone able to show where pricing errors cannot be cancelled - is was there somewhere above but I couldn't find tt again.

https://imgur.com/a/zAl2jdH - photo link
i got the same message (word for word). I have asked them to clarify what the error was and how come the ticket needs to be cancelled and refunded, no reply on that yet. For complaints, they told me I could submit the complaint via Facebook (which is how I’ve been communicating with them so far) but I shall ask them for a proper email as well.

Here is the MAVCOM page on post-purchase price increases: https://www.mavcom.my/en/consumer/po...rice-increase/
jubbing likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:32 am

Thanks for the MAVCOM links. Nice read.

A question: airline cannot ask for more money yes? But I didn’t read something that said they can’t say “oh we made a mistake, sorry here’s your money back”...
bosskh likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Thanks for the MAVCOM links. Nice read.

A question: airline cannot ask for more money yes? But I didn’t read something that said they can’t say “oh we made a mistake, sorry here’s your money back”...
correct there is nothing which specifically says that. But similar wording under the DOT regime was interpreted in that way, though not sure how MAVCOM would interpret it. If you look at the examples on their website it makes clear that pricing glitches are covered by this rule. Cancelling a ticket while leaving the same intinerary on sale at a higher price is arguably a post-purchase price increase as if you wish to travel on that itinerary you would have to repurchase at the higher price.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by bosskh

correct there is nothing which specifically says that. But similar wording under the DOT regime was interpreted in that way, though not sure how MAVCOM would interpret it. If you look at the examples on their website it makes clear that pricing glitches are covered by this rule. Cancelling a ticket while leaving the same intinerary on sale at a higher price is arguably a post-purchase price increase as if you wish to travel on that itinerary you would have to repurchase at the higher price.

I see I see.

Well, DoT overseeing numerous airlines vs MAVCOM and national flag carrier... hopes are not up LOL.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: CZ, CE, UA Silver; Hilton Diamon; SPG/Marriot, IHG Plat; Hyatt Explorist
It's MH bae
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:14 pm

Frankly speaking, do not put too much hope on MAVCOM. There have been so many complains about MAS over various issue but I dun think MAVCOM care or taken any action.

I encounter twice with MAS. Once they cancel my connecting flight n then rebook me on a earlier connecting flight. But problem is that the earlier connecting flight is much earlier than my first flight.

2nd time , they cancel my booking which I book 330 days out (for Chinese New Year period). The price is quite low. They cancel 6 month later. (Citing that the flight is cancel n put me on a longer connecting flight. The initial flight is direct). But apparently the direct flight is still on sale (at much much higher price).

I ask them to reinstate my direct flight, they said no availability. After to and fro for 3 months , they finally given me the original direct flight. It seem like that they can anyhow cancel one booking/flight in high demand so that they can sell it at higher price.
bosskh likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:15 pm

Booked on Orbitz for flights in November. PNR now gone from both Emirates.com and MalaysiaAirlines.com. Waiting for refund now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.