Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA exp
Easiest way to find out is to search dining menu on Ek's website, for Jan 6th flight, no F menu available. But for Jan 7th flight EK347, there is a First class menu, and this flight with be operated with A6-EOU, which is a 3 class A380. If there is a FIrst class menu for the flight, then it will be first class. Yes caviar, yes shower, yes everything.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Sauraigne
If there is no way to buy a ticket in first class (even on Emirates site directly) that means there is no first class service. That means that even if there is a 3-class plane, you can seat your butt but there will be no first class service. No caviar, no shower, no nothing.
It seems like Emirates don't sell any F seats on DXB-KUL at all (or at least no F tickets are available for sale). Does that mean all tickets sold under this "sale"/mistake fare are actually business tickets (even if some will be seated in the F cabin in case of a 3-class plane operating the route)?

For what it's worth, doing a search on ITA Matrix (unticking the "Only show flights and prices with available seats" option) shows that F tickets are technically on sale, but there are none left on most dates.

Last edited by Kilian Zoll; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:01 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by flyer 2019
Easiest way to find out is to search dining menu on Ek's website, for Jan 6th flight, no F menu available. But for Jan 7th flight EK347, there is a First class menu, and this flight with be operated with A6-EOU, which is a 3 class A380. If there is a FIrst class menu for the flight, then it will be first class. Yes caviar, yes shower, yes everything.
That's too much risk for $1,000.

EK business class is nothing to be amazed about.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:56 pm

If there is no way to buy a ticket in first class (even on Emirates site directly) that means there is no first class service. That means that even if there is a 3-class plane, you can seat your butt but there will be no first class service. No caviar, no shower, no nothing.
I believe they just zeroed F/A avaiability on this route until this issue with MH “A” bookings is resolved (similar approach CX did few days ago with HAN-US deal), but we shall see :-)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by elite_sh

I believe they just zeroed F/A avaiability on this route until this issue with MH “A” bookings is resolved (similar approach CX did few days ago with HAN-US deal), but we shall see :-)
worse is that EK operates this route with 2-class A380 only, which they do in most days anyway(from the short history I can see from flight radar)

The 777 1st class has no shower, I believe.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:02 pm

Tonight's flight 343 has been with first class A380. A6-EOT. I could have taken this ticket -_-
Well, it all depends on 342 flight now. As soon as it appears which plane will be today's 342 - i will know whether the return flight will feature first class seats. I can survive return in business if at least one way is first..
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:08 pm

Tonight's flight 343 has been with first class A380. A6-EOT. I could have taken this ticket -_-
Well, it all depends on 342 flight now. As soon as it appears which plane will be today's 342 - i will know whether the return flight will feature first class seats. I can survive return in business if at least one way is first..
EK343 on January 8th(and 9th) is 3-class A388! (according to expertflyer)
Sauraigne likes this.

Last edited by elite_sh; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:13 pm

If my method is correct, then EK342 will be 3 class. FYI, there's no First class showing on EF on Jan 16th flight EK347, then I went to website and find no First class dining menu only business and economy menu . I think whats showing on EF is correct, no need to panic.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: *G / OWS / STE+
If my method is correct, then EK342 will be 3 class. FYI, there's no First class showing on EF on Jan 16th flight EK347, then I went to website and find no First class dining menu only business and economy menu . I think whats showing on EF is correct, no need to panic.
in which case I may need to panic for one direction (KUL-DXB EK343 on 02/02). On the ‘What’s on your flight’ EK website does claim it has first class, but when I click on ‘Explore the menu’ (is that what you mean?) it says the menu hasn’t been confirmed for my departure yet. And EF can’t display an F seat map, so guessing that’s a bad sign?

are there any steps anyone would suggest taking at this stage?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:33 pm

Well, I can see the first seat map on EF for Ek343 02/02, you don't have to see the actual menu on EK website, as long as there is a first class option, then first should be on that flight, I think.
bosskh likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:34 pm

The only thing I can tell for sure is that's a huge random here. Literally 86% of all planes i tested for all dates for all flight numbers are 2-class configuration. Only some planes, both A380 and 777, are 3-class. That means you need to be lucky to get first class, and you also need to be lucky to get it before this fare is cancelled or downgraded - or honored. That's double luck.
If 1300+ USD for pure luck is ok for you, I would suggest playing this game. If this is your last money, cancel for sure. Too much risk and gamble at all stages.

Edit: tonight's flight is A6-EDB, that features first class. I can chill at least until check-in desk

Last edited by Sauraigne; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:37 pm

By the way, the menu for tonight on A380 has no caviar (breakfast), return EK344has. They don't serve it on early morning 7-hour long flights or is this a business menu?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:40 pm

Well, I can see the first seat map on EF for Ek343 02/02, you don't have to see the actual menu on EK website, as long as there is a first class option, then first should be on that flight, I think.
thank you, weirdly I can now see it too! A little more relaxed, for now!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:42 pm

The only thing I can tell for sure is that's a huge random here. Literally 86% of all planes i tested for all dates for all flight numbers are 2-class configuration. Only some planes, both A380 and 777, are 3-class. That means you need to be lucky to get first class, and you also need to be lucky to get it before this fare is cancelled or downgraded - or honored. That's double luck.
If 1300+ USD for pure luck is ok for you, I would suggest playing this game. If this is your last money, cancel for sure. Too much risk and gamble at all stages.

Edit: tonight's flight is A6-EDB, that features first class. I can chill at least until check-in desk
that’s great and fingers crossed for you my friend! I actually kind of need to take these flights anyway so may as well roll the dice!
Sauraigne likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
It appears pretty much all flights in Feb show the First Class option. Is that just a placeholder that might change closer to the actual flight dates? Because at the end of the day, most A380 flights have been operated by 2-cabin planes...

EDIT: Just noticed that the Experience page does indicate 2-cabin planes on several departures in February as well. Hopefully this information is accurate, in the sense that it won't randomly change closer to departure dates. My flights are currently listed as having First Class.
bosskh likes this.

Last edited by Kilian Zoll; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.