Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
An option would be Virgin Atlantic, IAD-JNB, $906 for Economic Delight on November weekends (various Friday and Saturday departures) with immediate turn in JNB, about 23,000 MQMs,

Thank you! I will definitely look into this ASAP!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:30 am

13.3K MQM Needed

Departure Airport:MSP
Miles Needed: 13,300
Required Spend or Budget:$500 Plus or keep it reasonable
Available Travel Dates: before year end and weekends Fri-Sun will work
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: N/A
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Departure Airport: DTW, ORD, GRR, could also shuttle if necessary
Miles Needed: 16,000
Required Spend or Budget: ~$750 MQD
Available Travel Dates: Essentially any weekend through the end of the year outside of Thanksgiving and the weekends before/after Christmas
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Prefer Delta ticketed as using up gift cards, but if that's not possible then codeshares are fine
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Ended up finding TPA-DTW-LHR for just over 9k MQMs. Out 11/15, overnight LHR, back 11/17.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:10 pm

Desperate Mileage Run Help Needed!

Departure Airport: BWI or IAD
Miles Needed: 27,000
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest preferred but up to $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Weekend of October 25-27 or Weekend of November 1-3
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Had sussed out a nice mileage run to Johannesburg and a personal trip to Europe for my friend all lined up prior to the end of the year but she's now scheduled for knee surgery the week of Thanksgiving! Need to get this mileage run in ASAP but have very limited time as she's booked on work travel/obligations pretty much every weekend except the ones listed above. Can anyone help out?

Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by neverintown
Departure Airport: BWI or IAD
Miles Needed: 27,000
Required Spend or Budget: cheapest preferred but up to $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Weekend of October 25-27 or Weekend of November 1-3
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL

Had sussed out a nice mileage run to Johannesburg and a personal trip to Europe for my friend all lined up prior to the end of the year but she's now scheduled for knee surgery the week of Thanksgiving! Need to get this mileage run in ASAP but have very limited time as she's booked on work travel/obligations pretty much every weekend except the ones listed above. Can anyone help out?

Thanks!
If you can extend to Nov 4 then Virgin Atlantic, IAD-JNB, Nov 1 - 4, $1400 (Economy Delight, 23,000MQMs) or $2200 (Premium Economy, 27,000+ MQMs)

It is a longer trip because of the evening departure on Nov 1 and 12+ hour layovers in both London and JNB.

IAD-JNB (IAD-ATL-JNB-AMS-IAD) on Delta, Nov 1 -3 $828, 18,300 MQMs, 32 hours in JNB, Nov 1 - 2, $1365, 8 hours in JNB

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 7, 2019 at 4:56 pm Reason: Add JNB option on Delta
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton
Need 5 segment run starting DTW or BNA

Departure Airport: DTW or BNA
Miles Needed: 5 segments
Required Spend or Budget: not sure what this might reasonably cost.. never done this before. Have more than enough MQD to make diamond.. but trying to make plat on segments so cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: 10/17, 11/1, 11/7, 11/22-25, 12/2, 12/5,
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: a lot of them
Delta mileage run

I am new to the mileage run game and hoping to get some help on the easiest way to find a mileage run.

Departure Airport: DTW or airport within 4 hour or so drive
Miles Needed: 18k
Required Spend or Budget: $2k?
Available Travel Dates: any - mid week preferably

Thanks in advance,
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by dtwjim
Required Spend or Budget: not sure what this might reasonably cost.. never done this before. Have more than enough MQD to make diamond.. but trying to make plat on segments so cheap as possible
Nov. 24 - $377 (BE), BNA-ATL-DTW-AVP-DTW-BNA (search on BNA-AVP)
Dec 5 - $358 (BE), BNA-ATL-DTW-AVP-DTW-BNA

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 8, 2019 at 12:53 pm Reason: add search criteria
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by AceLast
I am new to the mileage run game and hoping to get some help on the easiest way to find a mileage run.

Departure Airport: DTW or airport within 4 hour or so drive
Miles Needed: 18k
Required Spend or Budget: $2k?
Available Travel Dates: any - mid week preferably

Thanks in advance,
YYZ-JNB, 18,500 MQMs, various dates in November at $872 CAD (about $655 USD), e.g. Nov 20 - 22, requires 24 hours in JNB, Delta flexible date search - trip length 3 days

YYZ-SIN, 20,000 MQMs, various dates in November at $1032 CAD, e.g. Nov 5 - 7, 21 hours in Singapore, Delta flexible date search - trip length 3 days
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JCM 1420
Friday departure is fine. Trying to find a reasonable business class Asia option, or a super cheap Europe economy for the week of Thanksgiving and take the wife.

Mid year job change really messed me up this year.
You don't earn any miles from wife's travel. Even with one of the cheaper D1 fares, ATL-EU RT won't give you 20,000 MQMs. FULL J at 200% MQMs could do it with a creative routing, but that would be extremely expensive.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by breyerpatch
Departure: DFW
Miles needed: 14k
Budget: Cheapest but prefer premium economy... need MQM to keep plat
Availability: Short weekend flight preferable, pretty flexible through end of year
Look for cheap TPAC PS fares. A few TATL routes also have PS. However, be careful with MQM calculations as PS fares book into coach for domestic connecting flights and you probably won't earn 150% on these unless the booking class is Y or B. Many of the PS fares are dual inventory, such as G requiring T availability on the same flights, so that I'd worry that the domestic segments would be considered to be T class in this example.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by doubledds
Departure Airport:MSP
Miles Needed: 13,300
Required Spend or Budget:$500 Plus or keep it reasonable
Available Travel Dates: before year end and weekends Fri-Sun will work
Coach to Europe RT won't give you enough MQMs unless you can find an extremely creative routing, which can be hard on most fares exMSP.

Similarly Japan isn't far enough unless you can route by going east and connecting: MSP-HND is a little under 6,000 miles one way.

SIN RT in coach would be an obvious solution, or you could look for a good PS fare (earns 150%) using the nonstops to ICN or HND. [I've seem some PS RTs under $1500.] Mainland China is also cheap, but it can be hard if you don't (already) have a Chinese visa as DL agents, including senior redcoats responsible for boarding flights to Asia at MSP, cannot read and understand the TWOV rules; you can be denied boarding even though the rules say that you don't need a visa for your itinerary.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dtwjim
My guess is that BNA will be cheaper as DTW is a DL hub, so it's generally more expensive and fare rules allow fewer connections.

You need to find a destination that allows two connections if you're trying to do this in one shot, so think about a destination that is NOT served from any hub that has nonstop service to BNA. Destinations with a strong AA presence tend to be cheap now, or think about places with lots of LCC/ULCC service.

Alternatively, you can use google flights to display prices on a map, of course restricted to DL.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
MQM needed 6789

Departure Airport: PRG
Miles Needed: 6789
Required Spend or Budget: under $500 if possible but willing to pay more if I have to
Available Travel Dates: asap, but NOT available following dates: Oct 12-13, Oct 23-25; Nov 22-24
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: This is for Delta status, so Codeshare is ok

I an a USA citizen living in Prague, Czech Republic, therefore the MQD requirement has been waived for me. I am 6789 MQMs from Silver status.

BONUS ::: I have plans to travel to the US in December and return in early January. I would like to obtain Silver status PRIOR to booking this travel. It would be especially great if I could obtain Gold status from a preliminary mileage run + the trip to the US. Not sure if it is possible. I could conceivably return to PRG, or at least somewhere in Europe by Dec 31. I am very flexible on dates. My destination in the US is FSM and my home airport in europe is PRG. I am completely open to getting around as creatively as possible. I have 115,000 Chase URs if necessary, 80,000 DSMs, I can work from anywhere and am excited to do mileage runs. I have Global Entry and TSA Pre, so can use those too.

In a nutshell, I am looking for a mileage run asap---AND/OR a creative way to get from PRG-FSM-PRG in December to January. Gold would be nice by eoy 2019, but at least Silver will be ok.

I will have lots of upcoming travel in 2020, so I want to ensure that I obtain at least Silver status by end of year. Thank you for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.