Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
How about JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic? about 25,000 MQMs, $5000 MQD, Nov 8 - 10, $904, Economy Delight class
I'm currently not a VS member, but I'm assuming that I'm to book via VS. Is there any follow-up I have to do in order for the MQMs and MQDs to show up on Delta, i.e. call an agent? Or does it just happen automatically?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ats262

If you have a visa for China, there are $585 mid-week fares BOS-DTW-PEK that earn over 14k MQMs but it does require an overnight stay in PEK. With creative routing you can drive the MQMs up to 18k for only a few dollars more.
That's what I was thinking. PEK or PVG would give the needed twelve thousand MQMs plus even a bit of rollover from BOS and fares are cheap, although a visa is $140-160 plus visa service agent, passport photos, and FedEx fees.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kingkazul400
Departure Airport: ORF, can rebase to JFK if necessary
Miles Needed: 23k MQM to Gold
Required Spend or Budget: $2800 MQD
Available Travel Dates: late October/early November
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
Yes

Trying to retain Gold status, missed out on two international travel opportunities for work this year so I'm having to make do with paying out of pocket and burning vacation time instead of getting reimbursed and compensated by work.
There are TPAC PS fares under $2000 that earn 150%, which would get you close to the needed MQMs, maybe even enough with a creative routing from the NYC area. For the remainder, look for a cheap but long domestic flight; it's low season in Alaska, for example, yet there are still various flights to/from ANC. This is if your budget is $2800. If you need $2800 MQDs and are willing to spend a bit more than that, two PS TPAC trips would do it and give you a nice chunk of MQM rollover.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 1, 2019 at 12:45 pm
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by kingkazul400
I'm currently not a VS member, but I'm assuming that I'm to book via VS. Is there any follow-up I have to do in order for the MQMs and MQDs to show up on Delta, i.e. call an agent? Or does it just happen automatically?
You do NOT want to credit this to VS - you'll earn nothing with DL if you credit to VS. Book your flights with VS and be sure they have VS flight numbers. During booking, provide VS with your DL SkyMiles number. Keep all boarding passes until flights actually post to your SkyMiles account (just in case).
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I am about 12 000 MQM away from Platinum. I have met the MQD. Should I be looking to get to Platinum before the year end or look to carry over the MQM?

I have a trip planned to HND next year and definitely at least 5 RT flights within the US for 2020. I normally fly out of ROC or YYZ.

I am very flexible to travel anytime for the rest of the year because I am self-employed
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:58 pm

Any good Mileage Runs for 2nd week of Sept ?

Departure Airport: IAD or can reposition to NY etc
Miles Needed: Want to atleast earn 20,000-30+ MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Best Available Pricing pls
Available Travel Dates: anytime but this one looking for sept 9,10,11,12,13....
Required Metal or Codeshares okay
*:Yes

Hi guys. I’m looking into a few mileage runs and Just did one that #canuck_traveler guided for me to do. Anyways I’m still looking at a few more selections that he’s provided me with for Nov.

But my birthday is next week, and with my dad being sick....I thought I could treat myself a little mileage run in either premium economy or first class. (I’m doing these mileage runs...so next year once he’s better we can do a lot of trips together 🙏&#127995

With that said, for some reason I can not find a good cheap run with good MQMs and MQDs to help me get to my goal of $13k MQD/75,000 MQM!

My birthday will be on the 13th...so I was hoping to leave and come back by that date or leave on that date to somewhere.

schedule is open for rest of the year, just wanted to see if anyone has any good suggestions, good budget, with nice fare class and obviously the earnings to go along with it ...but that week though.

Ive seen good fares but all in mid oct/nov....as canuck_traveler has shared with me. If anyone has seen anything open or sees anything open up please let me know

Last edited by LeedH; Sep 1, 2019 at 1:59 pm Reason: Mistype
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by LeedH
Departure Airport: IAD or can reposition to NY etc
Miles Needed: Want to atleast earn 20,000-30+ MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Best Available Pricing pls
Available Travel Dates: anytime but this one looking for sept 9,10,11,12,13....
Required Metal or Codeshares okay
*:Yes

Hi guys. I’m looking into a few mileage runs and Just did one that #canuck_traveler guided for me to do. Anyways I’m still looking at a few more selections that he’s provided me with for Nov.

But my birthday is next week, and with my dad being sick....I thought I could treat myself a little mileage run in either premium economy or first class. (I’m doing these mileage runs...so next year once he’s better we can do a lot of trips together 🙏&#127995

With that said, for some reason I can not find a good cheap run with good MQMs and MQDs to help me get to my goal of $13k MQD/75,000 MQM!

My birthday will be on the 13th...so I was hoping to leave and come back by that date or leave on that date to somewhere.

schedule is open for rest of the year, just wanted to see if anyone has any good suggestions, good budget, with nice fare class and obviously the earnings to go along with it ...but that week though.

Ive seen good fares but all in mid oct/nov....as canuck_traveler has shared with me. If anyone has seen anything open or sees anything open up please let me know
if you can get to jfk you can fly September 12- 16 JFK-SIN for 2800 and earn 7800mqd and 30000mqm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:46 pm

Hi all, just joined and trying to figure out whether I can make delta platinum status before year end. I have the spend just not the mqms. I have never been loyal to an airline... And it seems that may not have been the smartest play. I'm learning

Departure AirportCA or any in WAS
Miles Needed:18k
Required Spend or Budget: no required spend would like to spend $1-1.5k or less.
Available Travel Dates: whenever. October or November ideally.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: delta skymiles

I'll cough up more dough if it's some place warm! :-)
Also you all are awesome! I have been a lurker and can't wait to get my weight up.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Chickpeagravy

Hi all, just joined and trying to figure out whether I can make delta platinum status before year end. I have the spend just not the mqms. I have never been loyal to an airline... And it seems that may not have been the smartest play. I'm learning

Departure AirportCA or any in WAS
Miles Needed:18k
Required Spend or Budget: no required spend would like to spend $1-1.5k or less.
Available Travel Dates: whenever. October or November ideally.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: delta skymiles

I'll cough up more dough if it's some place warm! :-)
Also you all are awesome! I have been a lurker and can't wait to get my weight up.
Virgin Atlantic, IAD-JNB, Nov 8 - 10, $858 (Economy Delight), 23,000 MQMs, various other dates in October and November at similar price, book on Virgin Atlantic website

Delta, IAD-JNB (via AMS), Nov 15-17, $752, 18,000+ MQMs, bookable on Delta, operated by KLM

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 3, 2019 at 8:41 pm Reason: add Delta option
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Departure Airport: TPE
Miles Needed: 30,000+
Required Spend or Budget: $6000
Available Travel Dates: October 10-26
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL and DL partners

This is a great group here so in looking to maximize MQMs on a TPE-MIA-TPE routing in October, may I ask some advice? I'll need approximately 35,000 MQMs to remain Platinum. Don't necessarily have to get it all on this trip, but if I could get greater than 30K that is best. I already have the credit card spend for MQD waiver. I can pay full fare business up to $8000, but prefer to keep it under $6000. If it was worthwhile I could position down to SIN to start and possibly to end as well, but that would add hassle to the trip. Plan is for 7-9 days in MIA. Could also go or return with a 24 hour stopover in SLC if that can add enough miles to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
Departure Airport: TPE
Miles Needed: 30,000+
Required Spend or Budget: $6000
Available Travel Dates: October 10-26
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL and DL partners

This is a great group here so in looking to maximize MQMs on a TPE-MIA-TPE routing in October, may I ask some advice? I'll need approximately 35,000 MQMs to remain Platinum. Don't necessarily have to get it all on this trip, but if I could get greater than 30K that is best. I already have the credit card spend for MQD waiver. I can pay full fare business up to $8000, but prefer to keep it under $6000. If it was worthwhile I could position down to SIN to start and possibly to end as well, but that would add hassle to the trip. Plan is for 7-9 days in MIA. Could also go or return with a 24 hour stopover in SLC if that can add enough miles to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance.
You may get a lot closer to the 30,000 miles if flying from Singapore. SIN-JFK-SIN is just under 30,000 miles in Business while TPE-JFK-TPE is just under 24,000 miles.

On Expedia.com, Oct 10 - 26, SIN-JFK, is $4,462 on Delta. (via ICN)

Another option would be to route through Europe - e.g. TPE-AMS-MIA, 30,000+ MQMs in Business
Typhoonpilot likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Elizabeth208
I am about 12 000 MQM away from Platinum. I have met the MQD. Should I be looking to get to Platinum before the year end or look to carry over the MQM?

I have a trip planned to HND next year and definitely at least 5 RT flights within the US for 2020. I normally fly out of ROC or YYZ.

I am very flexible to travel anytime for the rest of the year because I am self-employed
You can pick up 12,000 MQMs for about $900 in Basic Economy (e.g. Oct. 24, $716, ROC-JFK-SEA-KOA-SEA-DTW-ROC, 10,500 MQMs, Oct. 22, $138, ROC-BOS, 2000 MQMs)

For about $1000, you can fly to Asia (e.g. Nov 5 - 7, ROC-TPE, $990 Main Cabin, Oct 27 - 29, $902, ROC-ICN)
Elizabeth208 likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 4, 2019 at 5:27 am Reason: add Asia options
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:36 am

Departure airport: PIT (or CAK or CLE; can use miles to position elsewhere)
Miles needed: $2500 MQD (I'm already MQM rich)
Travel dates: Any week or so in the December 1-14 range
Budget: Low as possible
Preferred destinations: Manila, Kiev, South Africa, anywhere in SE Asia

I'm new to using partner airlines to accumulate MQDs, so any help here would be very much appreciated!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ProfRB
Departure airport: PIT (or CAK or CLE; can use miles to position elsewhere)
Miles needed: $2500 MQD (I'm already MQM rich)
Travel dates: Any week or so in the December 1-14 range
Budget: Low as possible
Preferred destinations: Manila, Kiev, South Africa, anywhere in SE Asia

I'm new to using partner airlines to accumulate MQDs, so any help here would be very much appreciated!
If you can reposition to JFK then Dec 7 - 9, JFK-JNB on Virgin Atlantic in Economy Delight is available for $883 and will get you about $4500 MQD

Similar prices from places that Virgin Atlantic flies on East Cost USA (IAD, BOS)
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: DL
I looked up the Virgin Atlantic option from JFK to JNB. It appears to be O class which, according to Delta's partner chart gets only 5% MQDs, which comes out to 904 MQDs. Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.