Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by sayle1058
I looked up the Virgin Atlantic option from JFK to JNB. It appears to be O class which, according to Delta's partner chart gets only 5% MQDs, which comes out to 904 MQDs. Am I missing something?
Please read post number 243 through 253 in this thread. Yes it is confusing but you'll see what you are missing if you read those earlier posts in this thread.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:17 am

I looked up the Virgin Atlantic option from JFK to JNB. It appears to be O class which, according to Delta's partner chart gets only 5% MQDs, which comes out to 904 MQDs. Am I missing something?
delete posting

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 5, 2019 at 11:18 am Reason: already answered
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: DL
Ah, thanks! Is there a way to see the code before purchasing? I know there is a 24 hour cancellation to verify, but would be nice to see the code before.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Ah, thanks! Is there a way to see the code before purchasing? I know there is a 24 hour cancellation to verify, but would be nice to see the code before.
What you can see is pretty completely described in the posts 243-253.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta
Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 7,500
Required Spend or Budget: $750
Available Travel Dates: Travel must be completed by November 20th (end of my status match challenge)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Thank you!!!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:01 am

I just did a JFK-MEX-SDQ-MEX-JFK run on Aeromexico in Business class (I) for $594 that was quite lucrative and catapulted me to Silver for next year. If you fly the 787-9 from JFK-MEX you get lie-flat seats and it's quite nice! I had more than enough MQM's but needed a lot of MQD's. This fare doesn't show up on Google flights - it seems Aeromexico lags for some reason. I will say that it was a bit of a hassle to get the miles posted, but I just made sure I kept all of my documentation (especially the one with my SkyMiles number on the reservation). That is super important it seems with Aeromexico - DOCUMENT and keep everything to prove to Delta! Aeromexico is clearly not efficient at this, but if you document everything, you can get real bang for the buck. I really enjoyed the trip and took a day in the Dominican Republic and Mexico City, and it ended up being a great trip. The hardest part is the overnight flight from MEX-SDQ on an E-190. Because it was Biz class, I had access to the Salon Premiere lounge in Mexico City. Another option that doesn't involve an overnight flight but doesn't get quite as many miles is to do JFK-MEX-GUA-MEX-JFK. Requires an overnight in Guatemala City, but very doable in two days with an inexpensive hotel overnight in GUA. Here's what I earned:

MQM - 12,040
MQS - 4
MQD - $3,210 (I was about $2500 short on MQD's so the biz class bonus was huge on this trip)
Base Miles: 8,026
Bonus Miles (Silver + Biz Class): 11,216
Total Miles: 19,262
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I just did a JFK-MEX-SDQ-MEX-JFK run on Aeromexico in Business class (I) for $594 that was quite lucrative and catapulted me to Silver for next year. If you fly the 787-9 from JFK-MEX you get lie-flat seats and it's quite nice! I had more than enough MQM's but needed a lot of MQD's. This fare doesn't show up on Google flights - it seems Aeromexico lags for some reason. I will say that it was a bit of a hassle to get the miles posted, but I just made sure I kept all of my documentation (especially the one with my SkyMiles number on the reservation). That is super important it seems with Aeromexico - DOCUMENT and keep everything to prove to Delta! Aeromexico is clearly not efficient at this, but if you document everything, you can get real bang for the buck. I really enjoyed the trip and took a day in the Dominican Republic and Mexico City, and it ended up being a great trip. The hardest part is the overnight flight from MEX-SDQ on an E-190. Because it was Biz class, I had access to the Salon Premiere lounge in Mexico City. Another option that doesn't involve an overnight flight but doesn't get quite as many miles is to do JFK-MEX-GUA-MEX-JFK. Requires an overnight in Guatemala City, but very doable in two days with an inexpensive hotel overnight in GUA. Here's what I earned:

MQM - 12,040
MQS - 4
MQD - $3,210 (I was about $2500 short on MQD's so the biz class bonus was huge on this trip)
Base Miles: 8,026
Bonus Miles (Silver + Biz Class): 11,216
Total Miles: 19,262
No need for overnights in GUA, you can spend just 3 hours on the ground and be back in NYC in under 23 hours... ITA Matrix shows a valid same plane turn, but a padding of 3 hours in GUA can help in case of delays...

$570... JFK-GUA would earn 10984 RDMs 8238 MQMs 2197 MQDs 3.85 MQD Ratio
kt729 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:16 am

Yes, I get that, but to be honest, I was so glad I didn't do that. Granted, I had a cold, so the overnight flight to SDQ was rather miserable for me. The last thing I wanted to do was to turn around and get back on that plane. Personally, I'd rather rest a bit and have a nice dinner by the ocean, but that's me. That $54 hotel by the beach was highly welcomed! I am NOT a fan of red-eyes!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:20 am

If I did the trip again, I'd jump to Gold (which is a serious consideration). Not bad for seriously lagging in MQDs to get silver.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LeedH
Departure Airport: IAD or can reposition to NY etc
Miles Needed: Want to atleast earn 20,000-30+ MQM
Required Spend or Budget: Best Available Pricing pls
Available Travel Dates: anytime but this one looking for sept 9,10,11,12,13....
Required Metal or Codeshares okay
*:Yes

Hi guys. I’m looking into a few mileage runs and Just did one that #canuck_traveler guided for me to do. Anyways I’m still looking at a few more selections that he’s provided me with for Nov.

But my birthday is next week, and with my dad being sick....I thought I could treat myself a little mileage run in either premium economy or first class. (I’m doing these mileage runs...so next year once he’s better we can do a lot of trips together 🙏&#127995

With that said, for some reason I can not find a good cheap run with good MQMs and MQDs to help me get to my goal of $13k MQD/75,000 MQM!

My birthday will be on the 13th...so I was hoping to leave and come back by that date or leave on that date to somewhere.

schedule is open for rest of the year, just wanted to see if anyone has any good suggestions, good budget, with nice fare class and obviously the earnings to go along with it ...but that week though.

Ive seen good fares but all in mid oct/nov....as canuck_traveler has shared with me. If anyone has seen anything open or sees anything open up please let me know
I haven't looked recently, but DL had been offering some very good RT TPAC PS (150% MQMs) fares without advanced purchase or minimum stay requirements (or maybe just a Saturday night), especially on routes where the PS and suites aircraft (such as the A350 and 777) are just being introduced. Try routing through DTW or MSP, especially to HND.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
You may get a lot closer to the 30,000 miles if flying from Singapore. SIN-JFK-SIN is just under 30,000 miles in Business while TPE-JFK-TPE is just under 24,000 miles.

On Expedia.com, Oct 10 - 26, SIN-JFK, is $4,462 on Delta. (via ICN)

Another option would be to route through Europe - e.g. TPE-AMS-MIA, 30,000+ MQMs in Business
Avoid Expedia. Buy directly from DL (call if you can't get the segments and fare you want on delta.com) or use the AmEx IAP if it's cheaper (for D1 and PS tickets only).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:22 am

EDIT- Nevermind, didn't read the rest of the topic like I should've.

Last edited by kingkazul400; Sep 6, 2019 at 11:44 am
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:03 am

Departure Airport: New York City Area
Miles Needed: 21000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: $3000 MQD
Available Travel Dates: Oct-Nov weekends only
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshares ok
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by tymiler
A bit tougher with travel only on Saturdays & Sundays.

How about:

Oct 12, Aero Mexico, JFK-SCL, $826 (economy class N), immediate turn in SCL returning to JFK on Oct 13, 12,200 MQMs, $1,200 MQD, bookable on Expedia.com
Oct 19, Aero Mexico, JFK-GUA, $632 (Business Class), 8238 MQMs, $2197 MQD (from JFKEZE posting above #292
Oct 26, Delta, JFK-ATL, $142 (basic economy), 1500 MQMs, $100 MQD

Or two trips to Hawaii with prices enough to cover the required $3000 MQD and routing for 21,000 MQMs

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 7, 2019 at 2:10 pm
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by tymiler
position to YYZ for this deal at USD 2199 (600 less than JFK)
YYZ-SCL would earn 18297 MQMs 4879 MQDs
Google Flights

​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.