FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:57 am
canuck_traveler

Originally Posted by Typhoonpilot
Departure Airport: TPE
Miles Needed: 30,000+
Required Spend or Budget: $6000
Available Travel Dates: October 10-26
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL and DL partners

This is a great group here so in looking to maximize MQMs on a TPE-MIA-TPE routing in October, may I ask some advice? I'll need approximately 35,000 MQMs to remain Platinum. Don't necessarily have to get it all on this trip, but if I could get greater than 30K that is best. I already have the credit card spend for MQD waiver. I can pay full fare business up to $8000, but prefer to keep it under $6000. If it was worthwhile I could position down to SIN to start and possibly to end as well, but that would add hassle to the trip. Plan is for 7-9 days in MIA. Could also go or return with a 24 hour stopover in SLC if that can add enough miles to make it worthwhile. Thanks in advance.
You may get a lot closer to the 30,000 miles if flying from Singapore. SIN-JFK-SIN is just under 30,000 miles in Business while TPE-JFK-TPE is just under 24,000 miles.

On Expedia.com, Oct 10 - 26, SIN-JFK, is $4,462 on Delta. (via ICN)

Another option would be to route through Europe - e.g. TPE-AMS-MIA, 30,000+ MQMs in Business