Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ariana Bliss
Departure Airport: PIT, BWI, IAD
Miles Needed: 18,500. MQD are most important. I can do a quick trip to the west coast if I still need mileage.
Required Spend or Budget: under 1K
Available Travel Dates: Mid November Through December. Prefer over a weekend.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshares okay

I'm am trying to reclaim my status as a Delta Platinum Medallion Member. I'm willing to go practically anywhere that will get me the miles and MQD I need. I have been playing with IAD to JNB from 11/27 to 12/2 with Virgin Atlantic (also KLM and Air France). However, the economy rate is only giving me 5% qualifying dollars. I've gone PIT to PEK for a long weekend twice in the past few years and was hoping to go someplace new. I was especially excited to cross the equator and touch a new continent, which is why I was working on JNB. I have to complete this by January 6th.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Ariana
The Virgin Atlantic IAD-JNB run in Economy Delight (earning 25% MQD) is under $1k ($955) on Nov 15 - 17, Nov 30 - Dec 2, Dec 6-8 and Dec 7 - 9,
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ariana Bliss
Departure Airport: PIT, BWI, IAD
Miles Needed: 18,500. MQD are most important. I can do a quick trip to the west coast if I still need mileage.
Required Spend or Budget: under 1K
Available Travel Dates: Mid November Through December. Prefer over a weekend.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: codeshares okay

I'm am trying to reclaim my status as a Delta Platinum Medallion Member. I'm willing to go practically anywhere that will get me the miles and MQD I need. I have been playing with IAD to JNB from 11/27 to 12/2 with Virgin Atlantic (also KLM and Air France). However, the economy rate is only giving me 5% qualifying dollars. I've gone PIT to PEK for a long weekend twice in the past few years and was hoping to go someplace new. I was especially excited to cross the equator and touch a new continent, which is why I was working on JNB. I have to complete this by January 6th.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Ariana
Why January 6th? Are you SURE? DL qualifying year is normally the calendar year.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by nikosk
Departure Airport: AUS
Miles Needed: ~13k MQM
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1k
Available Travel Dates: fairly available from oct till early dec
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: n/a

Thank you all in advance for the feedback/help here.
Nikos
You can do two runs to get your needed miles with a total cost under $1K

1) AUS-OGG, $527 on various dates in November, 8400 MQMs, immediate turn in OGG, Delta flexible date search with trip duration of 1 day
2) AUS-ANC, under $500 on two dates in November, 6000+ MQMs, immediate turn in ANC, Delta flexible date search with trip duration of 1 day
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:09 pm

Run for Diamond?

Departure Airport: Zurich - ZRH
Miles Needed: 50,000
Required Spend or Budget: 2-3k
Available Travel Dates: December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes

I’m currently living in Zurich as an expat and fly Delta regularly to the US so I have already hit MQD. But I’m 50k MQM short for Diamond status. I think I can fly Air France as a partner airline but do I need to book that through Delta?

I am flexible for travel all of December and am looking for the most amount of MQM’s for the least amount of money and ideally, least amount of time.

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Johnsyke
Was this too broad?
Departure Airport: Anything in the continental US
Miles Needed: As many MQM's as possible (30K short of Diamond)
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $1K, preferably cheap as already hit MQD
Available Travel Dates: Nov. 23rd-return sometime before Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:Yes

Looking for a good MQM run to ensure I hit Diamond this year. MQD's already checked off. I'm based in Atlanta but am willing to fly out of any airport in the US. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:45 pm

Departure Airport: CVG
Miles Needed: ~25,000
Required Spend or Budget: ~$2500
Available Travel Dates: first couple of weekends of either November or December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare is ok

Trying to get Diamond status with upcoming international travel in 2020 so I am going to attempt my first long haul mileage run. Willing to split into two separate trips if necessary and possible travel to another U.S. airport that is a nonstop from CVG.

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by jokercard
Departure Airport: CVG
Miles Needed: ~25,000
Required Spend or Budget: ~$2500
Available Travel Dates: first couple of weekends of either November or December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare is ok

Trying to get Diamond status with upcoming international travel in 2020 so I am going to attempt my first long haul mileage run. Willing to split into two separate trips if necessary and possible travel to another U.S. airport that is a nonstop from CVG.

Appreciate any suggestions. Cheers.
If you can reposition to JFK then Virgin Atlantic JFK-JNB, about 27,000 MQMs in Premium $1674 (various Friday and Saturday departures in November, early December). You could also fly in Economy Delight for $956 and earn about 22,000 MQMs and pick up the remaining needed MQMs with a flight to the West Coast (LAS, LAX, SFO, etc.) to save a few dollars.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:02 am

Was this too broad?
Departure Airport: Anything in the continental US
Miles Needed: As many MQM's as possible (30K short of Diamond)
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $1K, preferably cheap as already hit MQD
Available Travel Dates: Nov. 23rd-return sometime before Thanksgiving
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:Yes

Looking for a good MQM run to ensure I hit Diamond this year. MQD's already checked off. I'm based in Atlanta but am willing to fly out of any airport in the US. Thanks!

Reposition flight ATL-LAX, about 3500 MQMs

Virgin Atlantic, LAX-JNB, Nov 23 - 25, $1401 (Economy Delight), about 27,000 MQMs
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Sureleey
Departure Airport: Zurich - ZRH
Miles Needed: 50,000
Required Spend or Budget: 2-3k
Available Travel Dates: December

I’m currently living in Zurich as an expat and fly Delta regularly to the US so I have already hit MQD. But I’m 50k MQM short for Diamond status. I think I can fly Air France as a partner airline but do I need to book that through Delta?

I am flexible for travel all of December and am looking for the most amount of MQM’s for the least amount of money and ideally, least amount of time.

Thanks for your help!
A bit of travelling (one week) with two back to back trips to Singapore from New York …..

Dec 1 - 7, ZRH-JFK, $1100, about 8200 MQMs (via AMS), bookable on Delta
Dec 2 - 4, JFK-SIN, $577, China Eastern, about 21,000+ MQMs, bookable on Expedia
Dec 5 - 7, JFK-SIN, $658, China Eastern, about 21,000+ MQMs, bookable on Expedia
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt diamond, Usair Northwest silver
16500 mqms needed

Departure Airport: FLL or Mia
Miles Needed: 16500
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1000-
Travel Dates: November and december
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:yes

Hi
Have met $ amount for Platinum need MQMs

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by howinus
Departure Airport: FLL or Mia
Miles Needed: 16500
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1000-
Travel Dates: November and december
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:yes

Hi
Have met $ amount for Platinum need MQMs

Thanks for the help!
FLL-JNB, e.g. Nov 16-17, $892, about 20,000 MQMs, bookable on Delta, flexible date search, trip duration 2 days, limited availability

FLL-SIN, sub $900, limited availability

FLL-BKK, sub $1000 also available

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 12, 2019 at 11:23 am Reason: added some Asia options
Old Oct 12, 2019, 2:43 pm

LAX Delta MQM Needed

This is my first post so take it easy...

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 35K MQM by the end of the year to qualify for platinum
Required Spend or Budget: as low as possible
Available Travel Dates: anytime except thanksgiving

Note: I’d love to go to Sydney or Bali or anywhere else warm and by beautiful water in December or January (or perhaps even after Jan). Tickets seem extremely expensive but if I could solve my MQM problem it might be worth it...

Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jre242
This is my first post so take it easy...

Departure Airport: LAX
Miles Needed: 35K MQM by the end of the year to qualify for platinum
Required Spend or Budget: as low as possible
Available Travel Dates: anytime except thanksgiving

Note: I’d love to go to Sydney or Bali or anywhere else warm and by beautiful water in December or January (or perhaps even after Jan). Tickets seem extremely expensive but if I could solve my MQM problem it might be worth it...

Thanks!
Two trips to Asia (e.g. SIN, BKK, etc.) on China Eastern should do it.

e.g. Oct 28 - 30, Nov 4 - 6, LAX-SIN, $477, about 20,000 MQMs, bookable on Expedia, various dates available with similar prices
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Finding mileage runs to CGK are a good buy. For around $760 you can earn 19708 MQM from LAS to ATL to ICN to CGK. Return from CGK to ICN to MSP to LAS. Premium Select costs $1365.85 and you earn 26409 MQM.

Pick an itinerary that includes travel on Garuda Indonesia. They seem to honor more of the Skyteam benefits, allowing me to choose advance seats in a better location. On Korean Air I got stuck in the middle of the middle near the rear of the aircraft.

One time I did this run with an overnight layover in Seoul and one night in Jakarta to split the flights up.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:52 pm

Aiming for Diamond

Good evening folks,

currently Platinum and looking to become Diamond. MQM’s already hit but missing the MQD’s. Hope you can help me out. Thanks!

Departure Airport: NYC
Miles Needed: none but 3,700 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible
Available Travel Dates:
> Oct 21st - Oct 27
> Friday afternoons till Monday mornings at any weekend with the exception of Oct 18-20 and thanksgiving
> Multi-stop with flying from NYC (Homeoffice) and arriving in ATL (office) on Monday possible if that makes sense.
> Family lives near DUS/FRA. If that can be incorporated - fantastic [but should not be the focus]
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: any airline which earns me what I need is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.