Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 25, 19, 12:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:


For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 17, 19, 10:08 pm
  #346  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,657
The segments to/from ANC tend to operate at night, so the schedule could work for you. IIRC at this time of year, the second MSP-ANC nonstop is about to be discontinued for low season while there are still a couple choices through SEA. There's also a SEA-FAI and vv flight until sometime in October when it's dropped for winter.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 9:03 am
  #347  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: GSP
Programs: Delta GM
Posts: 51
Looks like I'll be 4-6 segments short of Gold this year.

Flying from GSP (can also do CLT or AVL).
Would prefer to be less than $50 per segment.
Can do weekdays if it's same day return.

It seems like I can do a 4 segment, same day turn, in TPA for ~$150 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but I'm unsure if anything better exists that could get me to 6 segments in a single day.
jfadool is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:27 pm
  #348  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Delta
Posts: 2
Post DL/SKM MR needed...need 80K miles to Diamond by year-end

Looking for a couple of MR to attain Diamond for 2020. Was sick earlier this year so could not travel as much.

Thanks!

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 18, 19 at 3:38 pm
ccbutta is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:20 pm
  #349  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by jfadool View Post
Looks like I'll be 4-6 segments short of Gold this year.

Flying from GSP (can also do CLT or AVL).
Would prefer to be less than $50 per segment.
Can do weekdays if it's same day return.

It seems like I can do a 4 segment, same day turn, in TPA for ~$150 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but I'm unsure if anything better exists that could get me to 6 segments in a single day.
If you want 6 segments, GSP-AVP or GSP-LAN are available but it won't beat your current price/segment.
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 4:21 pm
  #350  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by ccbutta View Post
Looking for a couple of MR to attain Diamond for 2020. Was sick earlier this year so could not travel as much.

Thanks!
Originating airport? Same as last year - NYC? Budget?

Virgin Atlantic, Economy Delight, JFK-JNB, $858, various dates in November, 22,000+ MQMs, immediate turn

China Eastern, JFK-SIN, $510, various dates October, November, 22,000-- MQMs, immediate turn

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 18, 19 at 10:45 pm Reason: add NYC options
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:31 pm
  #351  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: Delta and Marriott
Posts: 2
New here to the forum. I have never done a mileage run, but work this year required mostly short haul flights (but at last-minute, premium fares) and I need 20k MQM to stay Diamond. I have plenty of MQDs.

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1,500
Available Travel Dates: flexible October - December


Wrinkle: I still have my 4 GUCs to use on this trip
Another wrinkle: would like to take my wife somewhere interesting

I could break this into several trips too - I am interested in learning how to find the best CPM deals.

Thanks!
The best I've found so far is DTW to NRT - in November there is a Premium Select fare for about $1,500 that should be close to 20k MQMs.
fredenbp is offline  
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:44 pm
  #352  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by fredenbp View Post
New here to the forum. I have never done a mileage run, but work this year required mostly short haul flights (but at last-minute, premium fares) and I need 20k MQM to stay Diamond. I have plenty of MQDs.

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 20,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1,500
Available Travel Dates: flexible October - December


Wrinkle: I still have my 4 GUCs to use on this trip
Another wrinkle: would like to take my wife somewhere interesting

I could break this into several trips too - I am interested in learning how to find the best CPM deals.

Thanks!
The best I've found so far is DTW to NRT - in November there is a Premium Select fare for about $1,500 that should be close to 20k MQMs.
If you can make it to JFK then the Virgin Atlantic JFK-JNB in Economy Delight for $858 may be an option, a bit over 22,000 MQMs

Toronto - Singapore on Delta maybe an option as well (Nov 15 departure is about $1000 USD)

Toronto - Singapore on China Eastern has prices in the $630 range for some November dates

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 18, 19 at 10:55 pm
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Sep 20, 19, 10:44 am
  #353  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,657
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
If you can make it to JFK then the Virgin Atlantic JFK-JNB in Economy Delight for $858 may be an option, a bit over 22,000 MQMs

Toronto - Singapore on Delta maybe an option as well (Nov 15 departure is about $1000 USD)

Toronto - Singapore on China Eastern has prices in the $630 range for some November dates
DL is ending the SIN route very soon, so Toronto to Singapore wouldn't be DL operated.

I like the PS fare from DTW to NRT the "OP" found for himself, which would be a nice trip to do with wife. Tokyo in the fall can be very pleasant. Alternatively there's PS service on the MSP-HND nonstop flight and I would expect approximately the same RT PS fare to be available, although it would book into coach on the short connecting DTW-MSP domestic segments. Either one would be very close to the 20,000 MQMs the "OP" "needs" so careful calculations are necessary here.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 20, 19, 11:43 am
  #354  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: $727 MQD's
Required Spend or Budget: Under $1000
Available Travel Dates: Any long weekend in October, November, early December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: I think codeshares are ok? First time trying to earn silver...already have the miles, just need the MQD's.

Thanks!
morteb43 is offline  
Old Sep 20, 19, 9:55 pm
  #355  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 9
Departure Airport: NYC
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget: need 500MQD spend <600
Available Travel Dates: Nov 8-10, 23-24, Dec 5-7
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

Trying to hit silver for the first time. Will just barely make the MQM with upcoming trips but will be short for MQD. looked for Aeromexico business class deal to SDQ or GUA but no luck. Would have been nice to try the lieflat seats and get some extra miles and dollars to carryover. Also tried China Eastern SIN but prices sky high. Prefer immediate turnaround. Thanks for your help!
Diztravel is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:01 am
  #356  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by morteb43 View Post
Departure Airport: PDX
Miles Needed: $727 MQD's
Required Spend or Budget: Under $1000
Available Travel Dates: Any long weekend in October, November, early December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: I think codeshares are ok? First time trying to earn silver...already have the miles, just need the MQD's.

Thanks!
Do you want to maximize the number of miles or just get the required MQDs?

If you just want to get the MQDs, how about a ticket to Seattle or somewhere close so you can knock off the needed MQDs in a few hours?
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:04 am
  #357  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 762
Originally Posted by Diztravel View Post
Departure Airport: NYC
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget: need 500MQD spend <600
Available Travel Dates: Nov 8-10, 23-24, Dec 5-7
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

Trying to hit silver for the first time. Will just barely make the MQM with upcoming trips but will be short for MQD. looked for Aeromexico business class deal to SDQ or GUA but no luck. Would have been nice to try the lieflat seats and get some extra miles and dollars to carryover. Also tried China Eastern SIN but prices sky high. Prefer immediate turnaround. Thanks for your help!
Why not a quick trip to Boston or Washington to get the required MQDs?
canuck_traveler is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 11:22 am
  #358  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,657
For just MQDs, try to find a FC ticket of the right price, maybe to an interesting airport or one with a good lounge if you have access. You could also pick a dinner flight and get a free meal. However, I'm generally in favor of maximizing MQMs for rollover in such situations. SIN would do that nicely, or within the USA, maybe SAN/LAX/SFO/PDX/SEA or ANC.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 2:34 pm
  #359  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Programs: Delta and Marriott
Posts: 2
Inaction got the better of me. The low PS fares to NRT and SIN are long gone, PS bookings seem like the best way to go for a quick shot of MQMs.

Searching most intensely between 11/2 and 11/16. Any other suggestions?
fredenbp is offline  
Old Sep 21, 19, 3:47 pm
  #360  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 7
I am curious about understanding how other airlines partner with Delta so you get MQM credit. I need 20k by the end of the year. I am looking for a max mileage run somewhere between 11/11 and 11/17 for a $1K budget. Based in DTW but can go anywhere. I watch for SIN deals and have seen postings where people suggest seeing deals for China Eastern on Priceline or Orbitz but can't tell if I were to book there how that would link to Delta MQMs. I look for JHN/MEL as well. December looks worse so I am trying to squeeze this in Nov
Steveh0927 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread