Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:48 am

No cancellation yet, and still listed as ticketed and confirmed on United, as well as able to pull up the reservation on ANZ. Booked 4 tickets DCA-IAH-AKL on Expedia 1/23 at ~3 EST.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by zow
How did you purchase your ticket?
OneTravel ticketed for ANZ
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, MP, DL
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Did DOT ever issue a final ruling? I've nt seen one (but I may have missed it).
Final ruling on which part? Last I hear/read/saw it was still the 2015 rules of you don't have to honor, airline MUST be able to prove it was a mistake/user manipulation (like changing currency gets you a deal) but there is no real recourse. I think last year Qatar honored some of there error fares and not others on a flight to SYD or something like that. I know they just published the stats for complaints from VA during their $152 dallas to sydney mistake.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:57 am

I wonder how they prove a mistake. It seems to me that this fare for instance isn't immediately obvious to a consumer that is a mistake, it was only in the lowest booking class (expedia showed a limited number of tickets available at that price), and is comparable in price to flights within the last two years (while fuel costs haven't risen significantly in that period).

Do they only need to prove it was a mistake on their end, or that it was a mistake and the consumer should've known if they've done research on the flights (i.e. if a flight is entered in with the last two digits transposed to give $90 off, is that a mistake)?
Xyzzy and ldubin like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, MP, DL
Originally Posted by Xayma
Do they only need to prove it was a mistake on their end, or that it was a mistake and the consumer should've known if they've done research on the flights (i.e. if a flight is entered in with the last two digits transposed to give $90 off, is that a mistake)?
As a matter of prosecutorial discretion, the Enforcement Office will not enforce the requirement of section 399.88 with regard to mistaken fares occurring on or after the date of this notice so long as the airline or seller of air transportation: (1) demonstrates that the fare was a mistake fare;

So he said/she said apparently? Some are clear...like where hte ticket price is $0 and you just pay taxes and fees...that a "clear" mistake. But these tickets (mine any way) were $100...I guess if they prove it should have been $1000 and someone didn't add a zero...but that would make the price more than the current going rate...but they can claim that.
However as Xyzzy said and I attempted my best Google-Fu...that ruling doesn't appeared to have been voted on or approved
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:31 am

I'm wondering if they are just canceling the fares under $300 first.

For those of you that had ticketed fares cancelled, how much was the fare?
ldubin and ron187 like this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by arcticgrin

Around $340 fr me...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:11 am

$340 for mine as well
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Around $340 fr me...
which OTA?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by kl10
No cancellation yet, and still listed as ticketed and confirmed on United, as well as able to pull up the reservation on ANZ. Booked 4 tickets DCA-IAH-AKL on Expedia 1/23 at ~3 EST.
Hi, how did you get information for ANZ? I'm BUF-IAD-IAH-AKL. All our ticket numbers (3) are 086, are yours? According to United these are all "owned" by ANZ and are not codeshare so they suggest I contact them. I'm not sure if I should be calling them right now. I'm just curious if these are showing on ANZ. I can't get through to OTA, busy lines.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:50 am

Got my cancellation email from OneTravel. Bummer.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by arcticgrin

Mine was also around $330-$340.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by CGNC
Curious on this, is NZ mandated to cancel tickets by a particular time period after booking if they don't intend to honor them?
Technically NZ wouldn't have even been paid for these tickets yet, as the third party OTA would have collected the money. One would assume that NZ is trying to put it all back onto the OTA, who then refuses the 'real fares' so opts to cancel the tickets.

NZ is pretty smart when it comes to find away around anything legal, they will find an reason that will make the ticket not valid. For example the cheap tickets might of been an valid option, if they were paired with certain flights etc.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by andrees71
Hi, how did you get information for ANZ? I'm BUF-IAD-IAH-AKL. All our ticket numbers (3) are 086, are yours? According to United these are all "owned" by ANZ and are not codeshare so they suggest I contact them. I'm not sure if I should be calling them right now. I'm just curious if these are showing on ANZ. I can't get through to OTA, busy lines.
Came through in my original travel confirmation, ends in an H. As of two minutes ago, mine are still showing up.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by andrees71
I booked on Expedia and there have the ANZ PNR under confirmation it should have an H at the end like "xxxxxH"
I also have a 086 ticket number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.