Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by arcticgrin
I remember there being a sub $400 NZ fare last year that didn't have any issues. Does anyone recall this?
[FARE GONE] UA/NZ United States to AKL for $396+

Yep - here's the thread. I bought a ticket on the Novermber deal, and (just checked), it's still active. This current mistake fare did have slightly lower fares but otherwise seems like luck of the draw that the one from November didn't get their tickets cancelled but this current one did.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA plat, BA, B6, DL, UA gold, SPG/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Daedalus7

Yep - here's the thread. I bought a ticket on the Novermber deal, and (just checked), it's still active. This current mistake fare did have slightly lower fares but otherwise seems like luck of the draw that the one from November didn't get their tickets cancelled but this current one did.
That's the one I missed by an hour. Sigh.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA
Haven't been cancelled (yet).

My Air NZ PNR doesn't work on the Air NZ website anymore ("The booking you entered could not be accessed online.If you wish to manage your booking, please call the Contact Centre on 1‑800‑262‑1234."), but my United PNR still works on the United website. All looks good on the United website.

I'm hoping that because I was one of the earlier bookings (fully ticketed) and I added a lap child and bought some seats, they won't touch my tickets.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AP
I also booked through eDreams and everything was still intact on their website yesterday. On United, the USA flights still showed but the ANZ flights disappeared. I called eDreams and they contacted United to confirm and said they'd refund me minus the non refundable booking fee and non refundable fee for seats. I argued the point and they said the would issue the full refund. They also said it could take 1-3 months for the return. I'll give them 2 weeks and will then contact Paypal and/or American Express as I used Paypal to pay with my American Express. The number they list on the bottom of the confirmation email is always busy. I only got through when I called 1866 899 4002 that isn't highly advertised.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrees71
I also booked through eDreams and everything was still intact on their website yesterday. On United, the USA flights still showed but the ANZ flights disappeared. I called eDreams and they contacted United to confirm and said they'd refund me minus the non refundable booking fee and non refundable fee for seats. <snip>
That's the difference between you requesting to cancel and the airline cancelling.
Need to be very careful with the words used. Reads as if you did not have formal notification that the airline had cancelled your flights.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
That's the difference between you requesting to cancel and the airline cancelling.
Need to be very careful with the words used. Reads as if you did not have formal notification that the airline had cancelled your flights.
Yes, for sure. Even though everyone else was getting cancelled mine still remained intact on United until yesterday morning. I contacted them only when my ANZ flights disappeared from United.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: NZ Koru

That one may of not be an mistake fare - an few months back they we're definitely doing some AKL-LAX/SFO fares for around $500NZD return (Approximately $390USD), you might be lucky an ticketed as part of that deal.

At the moment its not uncommon to see low fares ex-AKL for that price range, a couple of weeks back AKL-HNL was $232NZD oneway (Approx $160USD)

Real supper cheap deals on NZ typically will book NZ in the 'F' fare code.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:47 pm

Out of curiosity what would happen if you booked the flight for the following day, managed to check in and get to your outbound before they cancelled the ticket. Could they still cancel the remainder of the ticket? What would NZ be on the hook for if you were left stranded in NZ/AUS?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jan 28, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone book with AMEX travel? I am on the phone with them and they are insisting that they have not been notified that the ticket is canceled. They called AirNZ and have confirmed that the ticket has been canceled but say they were not notified.

Did anyone get an email or notification from AMEX? The CSR was full of bull. She told me the FLIGHT had been canceled and wouldn't budge on that even when I told her I could book the exact same flight right now via the AirNZ website!

I am now on hold with a supervisor who, after a lengthy conversation where he insisted the flight looks just fine, is calling AirNZ back! I know that it isn't, but just want them to understand that they can't just fob customers off with a "call the airline"! Also, the first CSR said she would refund me the AirNZ part of the ticket but not the UA part. Errrrr..... I don't think so!! LOL!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:40 pm

my priceline record still shows as valid and not received any cancellation email... but the air-newzealand website locator is not working. anybody else in the same situation?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Accor Silver
Yes, I am in the same situation (Priceline still valid but Air New Zealand website not recognizing PNR). Air New Zealand sent email a few days ago canceling my bids for seat upgrades to premium economy/skycouch.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Supervisor from AMEX told me that AirNZ have not yet notified them that the ticket has been canceled and so they cannot send out notification to customers until AirNZ notifies them.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Supervisor from AMEX told me that AirNZ have not yet notified them that the ticket has been canceled and so they cannot send out notification to customers until AirNZ notifies them.
Seems I remember AMEX was ready and willing to fight and help customers when airlines canceled ticketed travel.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold

I was able to get that as SFO-SYD-AKL-SFO with UA operating the first leg and the rest on NZ. It was also issued on 016 stock so that may also have something to do with it.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Saw this thread late and booked my hotels and car rental as my travel dates are with in 2 weeks. Got the email from Expedia that my NZ leg was cancelled. After 3 hours of discussion, they ended up cancelled my entire tickets and was advised to call back the airline directly incase of any cancellation penalties of car rentals.
Now I am back to square and totally disappointed that my dream trip got shattered and have to start searching again some where warm as Canadian cold is killing this season.

Btw..i did complained using the link (DoT), I highly doubt anything happens...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.