Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] NZ: US Destinations to AKL - $350ish ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:30 pm

Ticketed, confirmed, seats selected, etc. Haven't heard anything from the OTA yet, but United's website now states that the reservation has been canceled. Sad panda.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by MrMcLargeHuge
Ticketed, confirmed, seats selected, etc. Haven't heard anything from the OTA yet, but United's website now states that the reservation has been canceled. Sad panda.
what ota did u use?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by mew24680
what ota did u use?
cheapfaremart.com, via Momondo. Just received a call from them as well stating that it was canceled by the airline.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:10 pm

looks like the bigger players orbitz, travelocity, booking, expedia, priceline are staying alive

Last edited by mew24680; Jan 24, 2018 at 6:10 pm Reason: missing word
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mew24680
looks like the bigger players orbitz, travelocity, booking, expedia, priceline are staying alive
Orbitz, travelocity, & Expedia are all owed by Expedia.

Its 14:15 / 2:15pm in NZ now, so someone in Air NZ will be busy looking at these reservations
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Booked with AMEX travel, and so far ticket is still alive. I expect it to be canceled, though, as cancellations seem to be coming in batches.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Booked with AMEX travel, and so far ticket is still alive. I expect it to be canceled, though, as cancellations seem to be coming in batches.
why you being a negative nelly? Seams the only cancelation is with the cheapfaremart site
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yuel

why you being a negative nelly? Seams the only cancelation is with the cheapfaremart site
LOL! Probably trying to be realistic with myself so I am not disappointed if it cancels! I am really hoping it doesn't. I haven't been to NZ since 1982 and I really want to go back!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
As expected it will be as each external batch is processed NZ is refusing to ticket the ones that are booked on the mistake fare, and returning the request back to the third party supplier.

When you book with an travel agent (third party) it will send an request to the airline and tentative the booking untill the airline accpects it.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:55 pm

Air New Zealand is notorious for cancelling these mistake fares. I got hit badly with the biz error fare in Sept 2017 where I positioned all the way in Australia to fly the Syd - LAX RT flight only for them to cancel my itinerary after I landed in Sydney from the US to position. I don't even bother w/ANZ mistake fares anymore but good luck to everyone who still has outstanding tickets.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: AP
Hi, I booked 3 flights from BUF-AKL. Our tickets are still showing on United. I have ticket numbers for Air New Zealand as well. Does anyone know how to check on Air New Zealand? I only have a United confirmation number. I searched through Momondo and booked with eDreams.com.

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by kodawg9
Air New Zealand is notorious for cancelling these mistake fares. I got hit badly with the biz error fare in Sept 2017 where I positioned all the way in Australia to fly the Syd - LAX RT flight only for them to cancel my itinerary after I landed in Sydney from the US to position. I don't even bother w/ANZ mistake fares anymore but good luck to everyone who still has outstanding tickets.
Oh man thats worst case scenario.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by andrees71
Hi, I booked 3 flights from BUF-AKL. Our tickets are still showing on United. I have ticket numbers for Air New Zealand as well. Does anyone know how to check on Air New Zealand? I only have a United confirmation number. I searched through Momondo and booked with eDreams.com.

Thanks
Do you have the 086 ticket numbers (these are the ones issued by NZ)? You'll need the NZ issued PNR for the flights to be able to view them via the NZ website (You should be able to get them from the OTA you booked with) NZ issues PNR's will always end with an H.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:30 am

I was able to book EWR -AKL on Expedia and got a ticket # and NZ PNR at 3:17PM(EST)
Checked on United and all flights are active and was able to pick my seats.
Did anyone that booked with a major OTA get a cancelation email after they were ticketed?
I'm flying out in 3 weeks, how long should I wait to book my flight to ZQN from AKL and things like hotels?
Also if I do book the flight to ZQN with NZ will they refunded me if they cancel this error fare?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by jmail1
Just received word that mine was cancelled, booked through Hopper. I had a ticket number and had paid for exit row seats through NZ directly.
What were the details of your booking? Price? date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.