Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by sinapark
I just came back to my hotel.

I don't really want 25hours flying in coach and 16 hours layover in ADD per way. 50 hours flying and 30hours layover total.

If you book any business fare from bkk to yyz , the agent will check the fare payment first and there will be no chance to board the flight. It was first time to me that agent show me the fare price(26150thb)
I was going to keep my game face on, telling the agent it was a flash sale.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by hkgg
Were you able to online check in and get your boarding pass?
Nope
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Anyone got denied at checkin with expedia booking?

Booked on Expedia.com for Jan next year. haven't received any emails from ET or Expedia regarding this fare. Wonder what treatment I will receive when I arrive at BKK for checkin next year.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
I think the direction from ET is pretty clear. They don't intend to honour bookings regardless of the sales channel (Websites, OTAs etc)

I'm guessing the reason why ET has not been contacting anyone from OTA bookings is because they do not have the contact details. When I book with OTAs, when I look up the reservation on the airline website, the contact details is usually the office address and a land line associated with the OTA.

The fact that Sinapark was denied boarding any advanced warning (emails etc) makes it pretty clear they already have procedures in place to weed out such bookings at check-in. You are depending on an operational slip up at check-in or depending on them to forget about this whole incident by the time you check-in.

Mine is also booked via Expedia. Didn't receive any notice from ET and my booking looks fine via TripCase but am not confident of making it past check in. I'm SIN based so it's a short hop for me, but I'm too lazy to make my way up if it's likely to fail.

Either way huge risk in my opinion, but thats your call to make.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
sinapark experience is sketching me out but I'm still going to attempt it and not cancel lol.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Curious what would happen if you decided to fly Y, then disputed with your CC for product not as described or product not received.

That would be interesting..
This. Honestly around $1000 is not a "dirt cheap fare" can be argued you got no documentation and was forced to fly on the spot.

If they let you fly with "D" code would have done it and not dispute.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I think you read my post wrong . YYC-YYZ is an expensive flight for a domestic canadian flight, almost more than anywhere in the US/Mexico in comparison...
I did. Apologies.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by dfs24
Either way huge risk in my opinion, but thats your call to make.
Yeah, too much risk involved. Since I wanted to get to the North America anyway, I've done some creative re-routing using awards and cheap J seats from BA/AA out of Cairo.

I'll be bailing out once I get through to an agent who speaks English (calling the US line and selecting English doesn't guarantee this), actually turns their mic off mute when they connect and doesn't hit the end call button when asked simple questions (e.g. "just refund the amount to this credit card").

For anyone who bails out and just feels like messing around with them further, they have a complaints email. I'll post results, if I ever get a response, if anyone would be interested.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:54 am

Even though I live in BKK and need to get to YYZ later this year, I stayed well away from this fare.

A few years ago I booked JNB-ADD-HKG. Quick 2 hour stop in ADD. Tickets were all clear, no schedule changes, and all visible on their website, everything seemed to be fine.

At JNB we get handed our boarding passes. JNB-ADD no problem, but ADD-HKG was for the following day. When questioned, and even showing them our bookings, they said our original flight "never existed" so we had to stay in ADD at our own cost overnight. Not cancelled, not re-scheduled, very clearly "never existed". We refused to board the flight and bought a new Emirates ticket for $50 more to fly that evening.

Calls and emails they actually stood their ground not offering a refund nor apology. But they lost the Visa charge back...
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
Anyone else having problems pulling up their booking on ET's website?

I have received the WORNG fare emaill from ET like most people here but have since ignored it. Now both my bookings disappeared from ET's website! They are not on Tripcase as well. The tickets were booked originally on ET's site.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
I haven't even received an email yet. So prepared to fly economy and file a chargeback via AMEX if they decide to play any games.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Backbencher

I have received the WORNG fare emaill from ET like most people here but have since ignored it. Now both my bookings disappeared from ET's website! They are not on Tripcase as well. The tickets were booked originally on ET's site.
Yes.... my 2 bookings are not showing up on their site, also booked directly on ET site... ...?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by Backbencher

+1 and I wasn't surprised, other than taken this long for them to take action...

For the data point, it was booked at ET.com
Old Apr 21, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I haven't even received an email yet. So prepared to fly economy and file a chargeback via AMEX if they decide to play any games.
no offend, but maybe i am too old to fly economy on such long flights..

i opted for option 1.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Finnair Plus Platinum, Hilton Diamond.
My first post at FT after been reading for a long time!

So, as many other people I recieved the email regarding the three options a while ago. Now my booking has completely dissapeared from ET's website as well.

I would like to opt for the option of recieving a refund, however, before I reply to Ethiopian's email I have a question.

I have currently two bookings with ET. This deal and the ex-osl deal, at which I am schedule to fly to CPT in May.

If I reply to the email, am I in any way risking the other booking? Or should I wait until I've been away on my ex-osl trip before I contact ET?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.