Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
That's a fair point.

I wonder whether there's any way to look up coupon status? Saudia does not pull it up, and neither does Myflightsapp. That is to say, I'm wondering it it's (currently) an empty thread and they haven't touched the ticket yet.
Do you reckon Saudia just isn't working? I ran a valid LATAM booking through it and it didn't work either.

I can still pull the PNR through Etihad's website since they still interface to VirtuallyThere before jumping to TripCase.

Last edited by scott95; Apr 8, 2017 at 9:43 pm Reason: spelling fails
Old Apr 8, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by moeykang
Just got the dreaded email... Was good while it lasted...

Dear Valued Customer,

Upon careful assessment, we have determined your ticket was done with wrong fare calculation. Ethiopian regrets the error and will offer you the following options:

1. Refund full amount in the same form of payment and currency
2. Make use of the ticket in economy class in the same itinerary by waiving additional charges.
3. Utilize the value of the ticket as a payment to purchase a ticket on any Ethiopian route with the applicable additional charges if any,

Please let us know your preference and your ticket will be sent to you on a separate email. If you wish to cancel this ticket, kindly advise us and we will promptly cancel your reservation and process full refund.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and cordially expect your kindest understanding.

Regards,
Ethiopian Airlines Team
Unfortunately, I've also received the email about the WORNG fare. My flight is not till the end of the year so just gonna see what happens.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Has anyone had their EXPEDIA bookings cancelled?
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by davistev
Has anyone had their EXPEDIA bookings cancelled?
Got the same WORNG fare email from ET with me expedia booking like everybody else, not a single word from expedia telling me my booking is invalid or being cancelled.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
It would have been much easier for them if they mentioned the ticket number in the first e-mail they've sent.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
No email, status shows confirmed and traveling end of month. Will keep everyone posted.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by SKYEG
No email, status shows confirmed and traveling end of month. Will keep everyone posted.
Did you happen to check your spam folder?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by scott95
Do you reckon Saudia just isn't working? I ran a valid LATAM booking through it and it didn't work either.

I can still pull the PNR through Etihad's website since they still interface to VirtuallyThere before jumping to TripCase.
Hmm. I can look up other airlines' e-ticket #s on Saudia, so I don't think it's that. The booking pulls up fine on Ethiopian; not sure why yours comes up on Etihad's site? Did you book via EY?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:45 am

Not all airline tickets can be viewed on Saudia.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
They responded to my "I'm going to fly this as I booked it" email with the same "Sir, what is your Confirmation or e-ticket number?"

Very interested in some trip reports of those brave enough to try in BKK.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:47 am

got WORNG FARE email, replied them and they not respond yet.
Ticket shows confirmed as well, travelling mid of May.

please keep me posted...

i just went to apply for Canada VISA~ before got the worng fare email..

Last edited by armei; Apr 11, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:24 pm

Checked spam, nothing there. Ticket is still confirmed as well. I'll definitely attempt to fly this if I receive no further communication and play dumb lol. I need to think about back up now so I dont get stranded in BKK
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:32 pm

Checked spam, nothing there. Ticket is still confirmed as well. I'll definitely attempt to fly this if I receive no further communication and play dumb lol. I need to think about back up now so I dont get stranded in BKK
In all fairness, of all the random places to be stuck in the world, BKK isn't the worst - there's enough traffic of all sorts of airlines there that getting out, especially given a day or two flex, shouldn't be hard at all.

That said, I still wish we had a more certain way of determining coupon status and seeing if the etickets are actually suspended or not.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
In all fairness, of all the random places to be stuck in the world, BKK isn't the worst - there's enough traffic of all sorts of airlines there that getting out, especially given a day or two flex, shouldn't be hard at all.

That said, I still wish we had a more certain way of determining coupon status and seeing if the etickets are actually suspended or not.
Agreed. Problem is I need to get myself to BKK and also plan out my positioning flights YYC-YYZ which is usually pretty expensive ugh lol!

Hopefully I slide through haha
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:06 pm

Agreed. Problem is I need to get myself to BKK and also plan out my positioning flights YYC-YYZ which is usually pretty expensive ugh lol!

Hopefully I slide through haha
Ooh. That's a rough one. I'm going to be in Indonesia anyway so it's a positioning flight to BKK or elsewhere for me, so .. hm. Still, it can be rather annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.