Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:22 am

For those who're still holding a valid ticket (though maybe minimal), I just got a confirmed ticket and successfully changed to a desired date without extra cost. Tried to use the above Matthew's case as support and negotiated with BKK and local office and headquarter. The new ticket is still marked as C.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by CXflyers
For those who're still holding a valid ticket (though maybe minimal), I just got a confirmed ticket and successfully changed to a desired date without extra cost. Tried to use the above Matthew's case as support and negotiated with BKK and local office and headquarter. The new ticket is still marked as C.
were u downgraded? Have you shown up in bkk and they denied u or what?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
were u downgraded? Have you shown up in bkk and they denied u or what?
I didn't show up in BKK, and my proposed original trip was in Dec 2017. I just kept on negotiating with local office and headquarter. The new itinerary is still marked as C and business.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:01 pm

Interesting. At bkk last night and they didnt allow me to check in intially. Unlike a lot of people here, i never received any communciation from ET or priceline. I just said that there was zero indication that my ticket was no okay as i keep on getting schedule change notice from priceline. (They keep me money the whole time.) Also, i was at the transfer desk so it was obvious i had no where else to go.

They said they only honor for eceonomy and then asked for my star alliance status, and i gave the my star alliance gold status number, and then after 15 minutes they said i could go after i signed some type of waivers. They made it clear to me that i could go only because of my gold status

get transit hoel in hilton (stayed here in july for an award ticket cpt add
Lfw in july)

plan to change the inbound to nov 2018 as i have most trip booked in all breaks.
since i book in C class, i believe the ticket has no change fee and 12 month validity.

the load is very light, less than 50% in J.

C class credit to A3 at 200% rate, and my trip starts on nov 24 (the new year for legacy a3 star gold member so i am almost done for next year)

Last edited by pbd456; Nov 23, 2017 at 11:06 pm
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:02 pm

U keep the same routing after date change?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:03 pm

U keep the same routing after date change?
Yup!
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:35 am

Interesting. At bkk last night and they didnt allow me to check in intially. Unlike a lot of people here, i never received any communciation from ET or priceline. I just said that there was zero indication that my ticket was no okay as i keep on getting schedule change notice from priceline. (They keep me money the whole time.) Also, i was at the transfer desk so it was obvious i had no where else to go.

They said they only honor for eceonomy and then asked for my star alliance status, and i gave the my star alliance gold status number, and then after 15 minutes they said i could go after i signed some type of waivers. They made it clear to me that i could go only because of my gold status

get transit hoel in hilton (stayed here in july for an award ticket cpt add
Lfw in july)

plan to change the inbound to nov 2018 as i have most trip booked in all breaks.
since i book in C class, i believe the ticket has no change fee and 12 month validity.

the load is very light, less than 50% in J.

C class credit to A3 at 200% rate, and my trip starts on nov 24 (the new year for legacy a3 star gold member so i am almost done for next year)
hi

Did they offer free hotel transit and transit visa or not when you arrive at ADD airport?

thanks
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:44 pm

Almost denied boarding at add... not sure if i can fly the return. Good luck to everyone.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:51 pm

My Mom flew this last month from BKK. Booked with Orbitz.

To try avoiding an agent in BKK she tried to checkin with Thai Smile from Cambodia.
They wouldn't allow that, saying "not the same airline." Though both are *A.

At the counter in BKK, the agent sees her reservation and says "Y Y Z" to her supervisor.
He comes over. After some discussion Mom is offered a full refund or travel in Y.
Both the airline and O knew about this fare.
Mom stands her ground. She has gotten 6 months of schedule changes from O and no mention of a change in class of service.

Eventually ET relents and Mom is given boarding passes for J and a transit hotel in ADD.

She went to the appropriately named "Miracle" lounge in BKK.
The ADD transit hotel is the Hilton.

No problems in BKK or YYZ.
She was given a voucher for the transit hotel on the return.

J loads
BKK-ADD about 1/2 full.
ADD-YYZ 6 were paying passengers. A handful of deadheading crew as well. Cabin wasn't full.

I don't have loads for the return.

Thanks to the OP.
If there's anyone left to fly, don't give up!
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:41 pm

update:

booked ET BKK ADD YYZ ADD BKK, but booked a higher fare class which allow free change after flying out bound (50 USD more than the cheapest class)

tried to change inbound to Nov 2018. it was denied and was told to pay for fare difference.

dispute with amex, amex reimbursed the value of the ENTIRE ticket.

it was free outbound BKK ADD YYZ in J class and almost enough to re-qualify for A3 *G. (outbound on Nov 25 -- old A3 *G know what that date means)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.