Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by hkgg
my booking yesterday has been showing "OK TO FLY" on trip case, but the status is now only "CONFIRMED"... the status on Ethiopian's webpage is now "completed" and payment information is removed...
I really wonder where you all guys got the OK TO FLY status on tripcase. As mentioned, I have only had CONFIRMED there since the booking. OK TO FLY was in confirmation generated by ET system after seat selection.
Not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to calm you down as I don't really believe such a change means anything...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
I really wonder where you all guys got the OK TO FLY status on tripcase. As mentioned, I have only had CONFIRMED there since the booking. OK TO FLY was in confirmation generated by ET system after seat selection.
Not trying to prove you wrong, just trying to calm you down as I don't really believe such a change means anything...
I hope you're right. the "OK TO FLY" status I got from the eticket receipt that is auto-generated by tripcase which you can access on the online version.

Just as a point of comparison, i looked through my confirmation email from Ethiopian last time I flew with them (non-sale price) and it says "OK TO FLY" on the eticket receipt.

But anyways, fingers crossed, but not expecting much.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
Therefore, I only can try to check in at BKK counter?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by dcktam

will you travel long way for your reposition to BKK?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
will you travel long way for your reposition to BKK?
From Macao.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:41 am

Cancellation email

I booked mine for travel July 26th with a return in early January through ET's website. Just received this email:

We are sorry to inform you that your ticket is canceled due to wrong fare. Your ticket is good for refund, please acknowledge to proceed to the refund so that we can assist you from our side.

If you have further enquires, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Tigistu A-----

Last edited by Eryan84; Apr 6, 2017 at 6:48 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Eryan84
I booked mine for travel July 26th with a return in early January through ET's website. Just received this email:

We are sorry to inform you that your ticket is canceled due to wrong fare. Your ticket is good for refund, please acknowledge to proceed to the refund so that we can assist you from our side.

Best regards
Tigistu A-----
Which website did you book the ticket?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Which website did you book the ticket?
From the original post:

"I booked mine for travel July 26th with a return in early January through ET's website"

Last edited by olimaspecto; Apr 6, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
ET doesnt know how to take control of tickets issuing by TA?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:47 pm

When did you receive the email?

Best regards
Tigistu A-----
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Not sure based on what you came up with this conclusion, but I would say you should be able to do OLCI as well. Unfortunately, even successful OLCI doesn't guarantee you anything because someone needs to check your reservation for stopover hotel eligibility and give you the voucher.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:21 am

Question

When did you receive the email?
I received the email at 6:15am on Thursday morning.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP

Best regards
Tigistu A-----
Any chance you could advise of any changes after you got your email on either your tripcase view and/or your Manage My Booking view from ETs website? Maybe there's something that flags it out that the rest of us could keep an eye out for who haven't been contacted yet.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by scott95
Any chance you could advise of any changes after you got your email on either your tripcase view and/or your Manage My Booking view from ETs website? Maybe there's something that flags it out that the rest of us could keep an eye out for who haven't been contacted yet.
Nothing unsual changed except for what everyone else was reporting -- disappearance of the payment information. It always said completed at the top of the page. Now my reservation is gone when I go to look it up. They didn't just flat out cancel before they sent the email. They emailed me that my ticket was cancelled, but it was still showing up as completed on the ET site. so I wrote back telling them to cancel and refund my ticket. Not sure why this would be, why they wouldn't just cancel it first if the ticket was invalid. They reached out to me and then I had to give them the OK to cancel before they did anything.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:53 am

Just got the dreaded email... Was good while it lasted...

Dear Valued Customer,

Upon careful assessment, we have determined your ticket was done with wrong fare calculation. Ethiopian regrets the error and will offer you the following options:

1. Refund full amount in the same form of payment and currency
2. Make use of the ticket in economy class in the same itinerary by waiving additional charges.
3. Utilize the value of the ticket as a payment to purchase a ticket on any Ethiopian route with the applicable additional charges if any,

Please let us know your preference and your ticket will be sent to you on a separate email. If you wish to cancel this ticket, kindly advise us and we will promptly cancel your reservation and process full refund.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and cordially expect your kindest understanding.

Regards,
Ethiopian Airlines Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.