Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by raccoon
How about this one? Swiss has to honor the booking
https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/239-c-a-2013
Please check (again) the date sequence of these two references.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:44 pm

If you read through the decision, it will be hard to argue now because most airline already include similar language like rule 5 (f). When those people purchased the tickets, Swiss airline did not contain rule 5(f) in the T&C.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Jma12
Received the bad news today. I booked it on the ET website:

"Dear sir/madam
Thank you for choosing Ethiopian!

Kindly note that your round trip ticket from Bangkok to Toronto in business class is quoted in wrong amount that is uploaded online mistakenly. Note that the ticket can only be refunded or re priced again and you will pay the price difference. Acknowledge us back with your preference.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Regards
Sefanit Mekonnen"

Gonna eat the FX fee, worth the risk I guess...
When did that come out? I booked directly with them and have yet to see a similar email.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by scott95
When did that come out? I booked directly with them and have yet to see a similar email.
I got the email this afternoon, I had to call in and cancel the ticket. Maybe your ticket is good, but I rather get the bad news now than later when I am in BKK.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I know of the person listed in the article, he told me that he lost the case, and Swiss did not honor the ticket at the end..
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
I got the email this afternoon, I had to call in and cancel the ticket. Maybe your ticket is good, but I rather get the bad news now than later when I am in BKK.
Interesting. I might just hang out and see what happens. I'm using it to attend a conference in the States on the cheap and BKK isn't that far away from me as I'm in Australia.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
I booked mine for two through ET's website. Have not gotten the email yet.

Please update guys, so i know when to pull the plug!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by db07mufan
I booked mine for two through ET's website. Have not gotten the email yet.

Please update guys, so i know when to pull the plug!
You'd better check tripcase e-ticket receipt to see it is "confirmed" or "ok to fly".
You might need to revalidate your ticket over the phone or in person before you can even check in - that's when you likely get the bad news.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by ericw
You'd better check tripcase e-ticket receipt to see it is "confirmed" or "ok to fly".
You might need to revalidate your ticket over the phone or in person before you can even check in - that's when you likely get the bad news.
Tripcase is saying confirmed. The original ticket issued via email has Ok to Fly written on it. I assume these are interchangable terms?

Last edited by scott95; Apr 1, 2017 at 12:46 am Reason: Spelling fails
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:15 am

Tripcase is saying confirmed. The original ticket issued via email has Ok to Fly written on it. I assume these are interchangable terms?
Mine had "confirmed" as well before I received the email. Apparently the have a different definition with that.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ericw
Is that possible? If your CC gets charge, and you have the Ticket #, can you still get deny to board the flight? This is actually the first time I brought a mistake fare.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
they csn deny you boarding st gate for any reason. many people were stuck in Singapore previously when sq said the fare was too cheap. people had to buy another ticket to leave singapore.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:05 am

my ticket is still up -- no email yet

Originally Posted by lewende
Please check (again) the date sequence of these two references.
My ticket still looks intact on the Ethiopian website. No email yet with any cancellation notice. Is this ticket refundable up until the day of travel? I'm thinking of booking an award ticket on CX for the following day. If I get denied boarding on Ethiopian, I can (hopefully?) get a refund then use the CX ticket. If I get on Ethiopian I'll change my award ticket or eat $150 and redeposit my aa miles.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
hey all, first time poster, long time lurker.

Mine has just moved to completed as well and isn't searching in TripCase.

Charge is still on my card and well and truly posted. If they don't refund it or notify me, I'll fight it. I've got some pretty strong travel insurance behind me so I have a feeling I'm covered if they don't notify me until I get to check-in.
I don't know your travel dates, but if you're a long time lurker you should know what is required when booking error fares .
First and foremost it would be great if you and others here would just be patient. Some tickets already got cancelled and most likely more will be canceled. However, it is not unusual for some tickets to stay under the radar.
Just recently I experienced the situation that the ticket I booked through one OTA got cancelled within a few days, whereas other people reported no cancellations even though they booked trough the same OTA.
Of course some people are more nervous than others, but if you are not scheduled to fly within the next 2-3 weeks you can just lean back and see what happens.
As a rule of thumb, I'd say if you haven't heard from them within the first 2-4 weeks, the odds are quite high that you'll be able to fly.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by johnnywho
I don't know your travel dates, but if you're a long time lurker you should know what is required when booking error fares .
First and foremost it would be great if you and others here would just be patient. Some tickets already got cancelled and most likely more will be canceled. However, it is not unusual for some tickets to stay under the radar.
Just recently I experienced the situation that the ticket I booked through one OTA got cancelled within a few days, whereas other people reported no cancellations even though they booked trough the same OTA.
Of course some people are more nervous than others, but if you are not scheduled to fly within the next 2-3 weeks you can just lean back and see what happens.
As a rule of thumb, I'd say if you haven't heard from them within the first 2-4 weeks, the odds are quite high that you'll be able to fly.
My friend got his money refund to his AMEX card without any email notification from ET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.