Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
My ticket remains issued but credit card never charged. Not sure what is going on...

ETA: No longer pulls up on TripCase.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
My ticket remains issued but credit card never charged. Not sure what is going on...
Interestingly, I do not have a charge or authorization either...yet the ticket was issued.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Something weird is happening with my ticket.

Status changed from "OK TO FLY" to "Confirmed" on tripcase, and the options to change/cancel are 'no longer eligible' on ET's site.

Anyone else notice this?
hmmm mine never got the "OK TO FLY" staus. Just showing the "CONFIRMED" status on Ethiopian's website...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hkgg
hmmm mine never got the "OK TO FLY" staus. Just showing the "CONFIRMED" status on Ethiopian's website...
It will show "confirmed" on Ethiopian's website (edit: mine now shows "completed"), but the actual e-ticket, as of last night, showed this on tripcase:

The fact that it now has changed status leads me to believe they are messing with something on their end.

Last edited by pushmyredbutton; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:46 am
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Mine now shows "Completed" on Ethiopian website but afaik always showed that. I am worried that TripCase cannot pull up the trip any longer...

Something indeed is going on. Let's see if Ethiopian will even communicate the cancellation. I did not plan to fight this, but if they are going to be so rude as to not even call or email me, well then...
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
my charge has posted on amex. i expect it to be cancelled. will see how it plays out.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Mine now shows "Completed" on Ethiopian website but afaik always showed that. I am worried that TripCase cannot pull up the trip any longer...

Something indeed is going on. Let's see if Ethiopian will even communicate the cancellation. I did not plan to fight this, but if they are going to be so rude as to not even call or email me, well then...
i prob won't fight it excessively either (will prob just call them once or twice to try) cause cba to deal with their call centre.

but just out of curiosity, is it even legal for them to rescind and cancel after it's been ticketed?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Interestingly, I do not have a charge or authorization either...yet the ticket was issued.
I had an initial credit card auth on my Amex (got the notification on my iPhone immediately after purchasing on Tuesday), but now that auth disappeared from the Amex "Recent Activity" section online and no permanent charge ever posted. That said, reservation is still active on ET's website.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
but just out of curiosity, is it even legal for them to rescind and cancel after it's been ticketed?
Of course it is, FT is full of cancelled deal fares.
In Canada, even CTA has said an airline can cancel within 72 hours, and even after that, enforcement is spotty

You can thank headlines like ERROR FARE, and INSANE DEAL for this.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Things are definitely happening - last night my C fare was easily cancellable for free on the ET website. Just now I tried again and it says 'your itinerary is not eligible for a cancellation'.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by ericw
Same here with my ticket.....
same with me
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by expert7700
yellow fever vaccination was $200-300 USD a person when I searched for providers in the US. 'vaccines for discretionary travel are not covered by most insurers'. Lots of high cost travel vaccine providers in big cities. Turns out you need a special permit to order/administer the vaccine (at least in PA) so 99% of doctors offices will not. A couple public health departments can special order it (paid, IIRC about half the above cost) with enough advance notice. Must be done ~2 weeks before travel date if I remember correctly.

During a stop in Cape Town, South Africa, we got vaccines at an upscale doctors office in a new shopping center on the waterfront. Printed invoice was $7.04-- $7 for the vaccine, $0.01 for the alcohol swab, and $0.03 for the plastic bandage. (I commented to them how impressed I was on their supplies billing precision.. I then had to point out that they missed an opportunity to bill me another two cents for the paper and toner.)

YF vaccinations cost about 1100 THB at the red cross clinic in Bangkok. The whole process took about 30 minutes.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nli007
same with me
I just called them.

Mine was showing same thing - no change allowed, no cancel allowed, status to "Completed" (I assume it was 'confirmed' but don't remember). Also disappeared entirely from my Amex statement.

She typed for 10 minutes. Literally 10 minutes of typing and no talking when I gave my record locator.

"We are sorry but the fare was not correct. The ticket is no good. You can pay the difference of about $3,000 to fly business class."

"Ummm......so I have an e-ticket that says this is a confirmed and paid flight. What are you telling me?"

"It is not valid, sir. You can have a refund, or pay $3,000. You need to call our city booking office for USA at 703 682 0570.

"OK, I'm not sure what my rights are as a customer. You are taking something away that I paid for."

"Ok, have a a great day."

"Thanks."
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
mine is also completed but the charge had always shown in my statement.. oh well. i kind of expected it to be cancelled. just fun to participate..
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
hey all, first time poster, long time lurker.

Mine has just moved to completed as well and isn't searching in TripCase.

Charge is still on my card and well and truly posted. If they don't refund it or notify me, I'll fight it. I've got some pretty strong travel insurance behind me so I have a feeling I'm covered if they don't notify me until I get to check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.