Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ethiopian : SIN-YYZ $945 RT (2.1 CPM on A3)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:53 pm

Just to add a data point here folks. My ET itinerary now shows "Completed" instead of confirmed in the ET website. I no longer have the ability to select seats, nor cancel or in any way modify the ticket.

The payment screen at the bottom is also now blank..... I'm sure it's only a matter of time until this is cancelled. I've also been charged the full amount on my MC. Hopefully, we get the refund back sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by g.henderson959
Just to add a data point here folks. My ET itinerary now shows "Completed" instead of confirmed in the ET website. I no longer have the ability to select seats, nor cancel or in any way modify the ticket.

The payment screen at the bottom is also now blank..... I'm sure it's only a matter of time until this is cancelled. I've also been charged the full amount on my MC. Hopefully, we get the refund back sooner rather than later.
Ive got the same thing.

My Visa card just got charged today. My departure date is not until Jan 2018 though, probably they're taking their own sweet time in cancelling mine
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
To add a few points, regardless the fact it might get cancelled all at some point:
1. I believe my itinerary on ET website has shown Completed all the time since I booked it.
2. My tripcase itinerary has never shown OK TO FLY, but always CONFIRMED.
3. OK TO FLY has been all the time in the itinerary confirmation from ET.
4. Seat selection still possible.
5. Booked in D fare.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Somebody just successfully checked in and flew the first segment.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond, HH Diamond, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by lewende
Somebody just successfully checked in and flew the first segment.
If this is true, that's great news! There is still hope!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Backbencher
If this is true, that's great news! There is still hope!
First, it is true. Second, one success doesn't mean ET honors the ticket. This may be pure luck. Our African friends just take their time to void these tickets.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:26 pm

First, it is true. Second, one success doesn't mean ET honors the ticket. This may be pure luck. Our African friends just take their time to void these tickets.
Well, with limited details, we just have to take your word for it to being true. When you say first segment, do you mean SIN-BKK? Or BKK-ADD or BKK-YYZ? I do agree it does not necessarily mean ET will ultimately honor our tickets, but the fact one has success in using their ticket instead of being denied boarding gives us hope that the tickets remain valid until void by ET.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Backbencher
Well, with limited details, we just have to take your word for it to being true. When you say first segment, do you mean SIN-BKK? Or BKK-ADD or BKK-YYZ? I do agree it does not necessarily mean ET will ultimately honor our tickets, but the fact one has success in using their ticket instead of being denied boarding gives us hope that the tickets remain valid until void by ET.
Last night he successfully checked in at BKK ET transfer desk (he did a TWOV), and got his boarding passes all the way to YYZ. No questions asked, uneventful. Right now he should have arrived ADD and checked in his transfer hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:15 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
The thought passed my mind that this could be a great scam for an airline: Lure in ticket purchasers with a low fare, then (eventually) refund the tickets as "a mistake."

e.g. I purchased tickets in March for travel in November. If ET waited until October to cancel and refund my tickets, they'd have interest-free use of my funds for almost seven months.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
The thought passed my mind that this could be a great scam for an airline: Lure in ticket purchasers with a low fare, then (eventually) refund the tickets as "a mistake."

e.g. I purchased tickets in March for travel in November. If ET waited until October to cancel and refund my tickets, they'd have interest-free use of my funds for almost seven months.
Do not buy surprisingly cheap tickets then @:-)
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:46 am

What is mean of "No GO"

I have called to the CS Center, the CS told me my ticket is "No Go", and ask me to make a call to their BKK office.

Do any one know what is mean of "no go"?

Originally Posted by g.henderson959

Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:24 am

Last night he successfully checked in at BKK ET transfer desk (he did a TWOV), and got his boarding passes all the way to YYZ. No questions asked, uneventful. Right now he should have arrived ADD and checked in his transfer hotel.
Thanks lewende for the update. Good luck and safe travels to your friend. I just hope his luck rubs off on all of us.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by dcktam
I have called to the CS Center, the CS told me my ticket is "No Go", and ask me to make a call to their BKK office.

Do any one know what is mean of "no go"?
SUSPENDED. You can't fly.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:24 am

I purchased on ET’s website, now my trip states Completed, when I selected “make changes” then “add seats”, I can still changed seats and ET send me the PDF conformation after the seat changes.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
SUSPENDED. You can't fly.

The staff said my ticket is hold by the airlines. She didn't say suspended, but said my ticket is confirmed. Do I make a call to BKK office to cancel the ticket, or try to flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.