Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by asdf098
Yeah, I can see my reservation on AA.com. It says status is "ticketed". I also received a confirmation email as soon as I booked which has the PNR but no ticket number. I didn't receive the regular "e-Ticket confirmation" receipt however which usually comes when the ticket is issued. Generally I'm not 100% satisfied until I have an 001-stock number in hand, and I can't seem to get one in this case. I'll wait a bit longer... am guessing it's not worth calling AA just yet.

Edit: I also called Chase and they didn't see a charge from AA. Though now I do see a $1 pending transaction...
My first confirmation email came within 2 minutes, the ticket/itinerary was
about 4.5 hours later.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:15 pm

crap. really wish this could be credited to AS.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Thanks everyone!

Booked 2 tickets for June next year.

Tickets were issued in 5 minutes.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
having issues where it's set as a first flexible fare, but the cabin is showing business.

I tried GF, but it died a few hours back. I had a work emergency to tend to...and now it just errors out saying it's not available that way.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
Ikr. Guys, where are you all crediting these flights to . The Business J fare still gets 100% bonus miles on AS, though.

Originally Posted by asdf098
Super helpful link. Bookmarking that.

I just got the confirmation email with ticket number, so all is well! Took about 5 hours from time of booking.
Same here, 5 hours.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mbfanos
Ikr. Guys, where are you all crediting these flights to . The Business J fare still gets 100% bonus miles on AS, though.

plus any of the domestic segments on AA.

i guess you could route ICN DFW on AA... but then that takes the whole fun out of it!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mbfanos

Same here, 5 hours.
the fare is AA marketed, but can be operated by either JL or AA. As both carriers are members of OW, you can credit it to any FFP in the OW alliance. I personally would credit it AA. You just can't credit to AS unless you want to fly solely on AA metal, in this case, it should be AA-marketed, AA operated which allows you to earn miles on AS.

Having said that, I would still try submitting a manual credit through AS. It's processed manually and sometimes they give you miles for carriers operated and marketed by different carriers as I have experienced in the past.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:51 pm

We were able to book ICN-NRT-LAX (Feb)-PHX-DCA-PHX (July)-LAX-NRT-ICN (Oct). The reservation ticketed quickly for $2800 each. We are crediting the trip to AA and the reservation cost summary in the PNR shows 6,619,600.00 KRW.

Question, does anybody know how AA will handle crediting the EQD when the reservation is in a foreign currency? Hoping it's based on % and miles flown.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
I think you can?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Only if your flights are operated and marketed by AA.

The link you used is for marketed and operated by JL, not AA.
Read my post #91 for more details.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
These flights are AA codeshare flights with AA flight numbers, not JL codes. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it does not seem AA coded flights on JL metal can be credited to AS.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Only if both JL-coded and JL-operated, or AA-coded and AA-operated. You can book AA-coded and AA-operated on this, but AA doesn't fly much F on their own metal to Asia anymore, and this fare honestly isn't worth it for AA business. This fare requires AA-coded flights across the Pacific, so you cannot book JL-coded and JL-operated. You can book AA-coded and JL-operated, but this combo isn't specifically eligible on the AS website (despite both being partners of AS).

To me, crediting to AA or particularly BA is better than crediting to AS for this fare. 3 of these in one direction on ICN-NRT-LAX-JFK credited to BA (i.e. ICN-JFK-ICN-JFK with that routing, with a JFK-ICN still remaining to take), plus a couple of BA-coded flights some other time, gets you BA Gold/OWE (might need a couple extra cheap flights in there somewhere, or an extra connection on this fare). That's what I would be doing personally, although I'd give a peek at crediting to QF possibly (haven't checked there myself).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
I booked GMP-HND-SFO-JFK-SFO-HND-GMP in First, but just realized one of my SFO-JFK segments was actually booked into J fare code instead of First. If I change that flight to another date/time, will I still be able to book into First on the Transcon A321?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by jch636
I booked GMP-HND-SFO-JFK-SFO-HND-GMP in First, but just realized one of my SFO-JFK segments was actually booked into J fare code instead of First. If I change that flight to another date/time, will I still be able to book into First on the Transcon A321?
As per the fare rules, yes, you should be able to change after the first sector is flown and subject to availability.

You can actually cancel within 24 hours of booking and get a new booking.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by tycosiao
As per the fare rules, yes, you should be able to change after the first sector is flown and subject to availability.

You can actually cancel within 24 hours of booking and get a new booking.
Thanks! Another technical question - with the fare rules, does this mean if I want to change a later sector before actually flying the first sector, the entire ticket has to be reissued? (If I'm beyond the 24-hr cancellation window, does that mean repricing as well?). So it's not a simple change of just one segment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.