Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
My dilemma as well. I detest the new AA and have no plans to re-qualify for EXP. Just have to figure out where to credit my flights.
Same here. I'm not gonna re-qualify for EXP. I'm planning to status match to AS, then credit all to AS :-:

P/S: I just checked AS website and found this. Since all AA marketed JL operated are AA8xxx. It looks like we can't credit those to AS

Qualify for mileage accrual

Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by American Airlines.

Eligible flight numbers

0001–6099 6780–7150 7454–7637
To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (AA) must precede the flight number (for example, AA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.

Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown and earn 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx

Last edited by mbfanos; Dec 13, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Well I'll just be connecting through TYO, so the fact that I'll be in NRT as opposed to HND isn't that big of a deal. I will be in Seoul though for a couple days so it would be convenient to fly out of GMP instead of making the trek to ICN
The "trek" out to ICN (I've done it I think 4-5 times now in each direction) is much more convenient and easier than the trek HND-NRT, I assure you .
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
The "trek" out to ICN (I've done it I think 4-5 times now in each direction) is much more convenient and easier than the trek HND-NRT, I assure you .
Well that's good to hear What would be the most convenient way to get to ICN from central Seoul?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Well that's good to hear What would be the most convenient way to get to ICN from central Seoul?
We have a forum for everything Korea .

Quick version: Depends where you are staying. Airport limousine bus if available to/from your hotel (most are available) is most convenient. A'REX at Seoul Station if close to there, express or commuter options; but unless your time is ultra-valuable, the train that stops is much cheaper (almost 10,000 won cheaper, about $10) and only takes 10 minutes longer. Otherwise I usually just take the metro to an A'REX station and then onward to ICN.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I'm trying to do ICN-SJC-JFK-SJC-ICN

SJC-JFK routes me through LAX so I can fly AA F, but on the return JFK-SJC it's routing me via PHX. If I ticket, can I call and change?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frebay
I'm trying to do ICN-SJC-JFK-SJC-ICN

SJC-JFK routes me through LAX so I can fly AA F, but on the return JFK-SJC it's routing me via PHX. If I ticket, can I call and change?
Try multi-city first, i.e. JFK-LAX then LAX-SJC.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Both of mine ticketed within 5 minutes. Prior to that, I rec'd confirmation within 15 seconds of booking.
The Korean AA site uses Amadeus and is much more efficient than AA.com

Just log onto AA.com use your PNR to pull up your reservation.
Yeah, I can see my reservation on AA.com. It says status is "ticketed". I also received a confirmation email as soon as I booked which has the PNR but no ticket number. I didn't receive the regular "e-Ticket confirmation" receipt however which usually comes when the ticket is issued. Generally I'm not 100% satisfied until I have an 001-stock number in hand, and I can't seem to get one in this case. I'll wait a bit longer... am guessing it's not worth calling AA just yet.

Edit: I also called Chase and they didn't see a charge from AA. Though now I do see a $1 pending transaction...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:04 pm

Try multi-city first, i.e. JFK-LAX then LAX-SJC.
Tried that, didn't work.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by asdf098
Yeah, I can see my reservation on AA.com. It says status is "ticketed". I also received a confirmation email as soon as I booked which has the PNR but no ticket number. I didn't receive the regular "e-Ticket confirmation" receipt however which usually comes when the ticket is issued. Generally I'm not 100% satisfied until I have an 001-stock number in hand, and I can't seem to get one in this case. I'll wait a bit longer... am guessing it's not worth calling AA just yet.
Hmm that's weird. I received a confirmation email, and then another confirmation email with the 001-stock number you mentioned 7min after the first email. My card was also charged for the ticket. Hope everything is ok with your reservation
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Edit: I also called Chase and they didn't see a charge from AA. Though now I do see a $1 pending transaction...
There is no longer a public link to your receipt on AA.com. Another enhancement.
There is a workaround though. Open your reservation on AA.com and then click on this link.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried that, didn't work.
Try searching by schedule and not price if searching on AA.com. "Sometimes" this works. If not, I'd say book what you can and try to change later.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:28 pm

Try searching by schedule and not price if searching on AA.com. "Sometimes" this works. If not, I'd say book what you can and try to change later.
Am I missing it bc I'm not seeing an option to view my schedule on AA korea site?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Am I missing it bc I'm not seeing an option to view my schedule on AA korea site?
Nope, not missing it. It isn't on the AA Korea site.

So, I'd say book what you can and call "much" later, like a couple of weeks. And don't book anything you would be totally unwilling to fly.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
There is no longer a public link to your receipt on AA.com. Another enhancement.
There is a workaround though. Open your reservation on AA.com and then click on this link.
Super helpful link. Bookmarking that.

I just got the confirmation email with ticket number, so all is well! Took about 5 hours from time of booking.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:48 pm

Super helpful link. Bookmarking that.

I just got the confirmation email with ticket number, so all is well! Took about 5 hours from time of booking.
Ya thanks SFO777, that link is pretty handy.

Glad to hear you finally got confirmation, would be a shame to miss out on such a fantastic deal ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.