Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. F shows as available on a simple LAX-JFK search. I wouldn't let it affect booking this personally though, JL F at this price is worth flying AA J instead of AA F on that one flight IMO. You can try calling much later and switch to a different flight, if it poses an issue.
I checked ExpertFlyer for the dates when I was booked into Biz for SFO-JFK, and First for JFK-SFO, and it looks like this fare is pulling inventory from the A (First) fare code instead of F. If there's no A availability, it will bump you into J.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. F shows as available on a simple LAX-JFK search. I wouldn't let it affect booking this personally though, JL F at this price is worth flying AA J instead of AA F on that one flight IMO. You can try calling much later and switch to a different flight, if it poses an issue.
EF shows F available. Already ticketed 2 seats, and confirmed. Just was sort of expecting F for the transcon. Not going to complain since the transpac legs are in JL F.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by jch636
I checked ExpertFlyer for the dates when I was booked into Biz for SFO-JFK, and First for JFK-SFO, and it looks like this fare is pulling inventory from the A (First) fare code instead of F. If there's no A availability, it will bump you into J.
Probably the case. Would make more sense.

Originally Posted by frebay
EF shows F available. Already ticketed 2 seats, and confirmed. Just was sort of expecting F for the transcon. Not going to complain since the transpac legs are in JL F.
See jch636 above, makes sense considering the date and time you want that they would limit A on that flight. AA has to make money too . Enjoy the JL F, enjoy the Salon but give the Royal Blue Tea a try too, it's fantastic if you like tea ^.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
not IME as a 75k. they're pretty strict with regards to the rules for earning, and this fall outside of those (with AA marketing, JL operated segments).
YMMV. Some of us have been getting credit for years when both carriers are partners, regardless of the codeshare flight number being out of the published numbers. If you do a search on the AS board, you'll find a lot of anecdotal success receiving credit in these situations.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:38 pm

Are all of these (AA/JL) coming out as refundable or do we need to pay special attention to which fare basis we're getting?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flytoeat
YMMV. Some of us have been getting credit for years when both carriers are partners, regardless of the codeshare flight number being out of the published numbers. If you do a search on the AS board, you'll find a lot of anecdotal success receiving credit in these situations.
I agree, this happened to me before..

For those who want to credit to AS, I suggest keep your boarding passes and e-tickets and manually ask for credit after your trip - you would need to email these documents to AS. Just don't expect to earn miles on a JL-operated and AA-marketed, as it's very clear on their policy that the flight has to be marketed and operated by the same partner carrier (eg, AA-marketed, AA-operated or JL-marketed, JL-operated). If they give you credit, that's great, and if not...well, at least you tried.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Since I am flying the ICN-LAX leg of my trip this year, my plan is to take the LAX-JFK-LAX legs and the LAX-ICN leg and send them to AS next year. My hope is that since they have to credit the LAX-JFK-LAX legs, theyll overlook the fact that the LAX-ICN leg is on JL metal and credit me that too.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
welp, guess i might be an experimental guinea pig for us all then!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:34 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The "trek" out to ICN (I've done it I think 4-5 times now in each direction) is much more convenient and easier than the trek HND-NRT, I assure you .
Just don't try to cab it in traffic. Took me close to 3h once from Gangnam to ICN…

I will never fly ICN / NRT / TPE unless I have to. GMP / HND / TSA are much more convenient.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
crap. really wish this could be credited to AS.
I think in practice, people are reporting that you _can_ credit to AS even if it's a codeshare not within the range, as long as both operating and marketing carriers are AS partners.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by helvetic
Just don't try to cab it in traffic. Took me close to 3h once from Gangnam to ICN…

I will never fly ICN / NRT / TPE unless I have to. GMP / HND / TSA are much more convenient.
Agreed, but I would prefer going straight to ICN and flying ICN-NRT-USA, rather than GMP-HND//NRT-USA for sure. I personally have had no issues with ICN, although I haven't tried to take a cab there...3x A'REX and 1x limousine bus.

Of course, the ideal would be GMP-HND-USA, but JL only flies to SFO from HND for the continental USA, which means an extra USA connection for those of us not located at a destination AA serves nonstop from SFO. Pick your poison I guess .
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Long term lurker and grateful for all of the information. Managed to book SEL-TYO-JFK-TYO-SEL. The flights to and from JFK are showing in First in the AA and JAL manage booking sections online but I cannot actually book specific seats for those flights. Is there a way to do this online or do I need to call - JAL or AA? Have been able to book specific seats on each of the SEL-TYO flights (in business on 788).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:33 pm

Agreed, but I would prefer going straight to ICN and flying ICN-NRT-USA, rather than GMP-HND//NRT-USA for sure. I personally have had no issues with ICN, although I haven't tried to take a cab there...3x A'REX and 1x limousine bus.

Of course, the ideal would be GMP-HND-USA, but JL only flies to SFO from HND for the continental USA, which means an extra USA connection for those of us not located at a destination AA serves nonstop from SFO. Pick your poison I guess .
Ya exactly, being based in LA, it didn't make sense to do that even though I could connect. The extra time connecting would basically amount to the time I would spend making the longer commute to ICN. People based in SFO really lucked out with the GMP-HND-SFO routing for convenience. Although I do remember reading that because the HND-SFO route departs at midnight, the meal service isn't too great
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Ya exactly, being based in LA, it didn't make sense to do that even though I could connect. The extra time connecting would basically amount to the time I would spend making the longer commute to ICN. People based in SFO really lucked out with the GMP-HND-SFO routing for convenience. Although I do remember reading that because the HND-SFO route departs at midnight, the meal service isn't too great
JL2 HND-SFO departs at 7:45pm these days with the full service.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
JL2 HND-SFO departs at 7:45pm these days with the full service.

Oh wow thats much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.