Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
So I went to the JAL site and used the JAL PNR from my AA e-ticket, and the TPAC legs are showing up as Business even though the AA tickets show First. Anyone else?
That would be a shocker. Can you select seats on JAL?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
So I went to the JAL site and used the JAL PNR from my AA e-ticket, and the TPAC legs are showing up as Business even though the AA tickets show First. Anyone else?
How did you even get JAL.com to show all your segments? I can't even see the details of my tickets on JAL.com let alone select seats. I just see one AA flight. JL agent said that the full itinerary won't appear on JAL.com until 72 hours prior to departure. She also could not select seats. On the other hand, AA agent was able to select seats on the codeshare JL fights. The seats selected were all row 2 so definitely First Class TPAC.

Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, I went to the JAL site as well, and could see only the first 2 segments ( ICN-NRT-JFK). I was not able to select seats for either flight, but they do show the correct classes - business for the first leg and first for the second.

I will try to call for seat selection some time in the future, my first flights are in May,
and return in Sept.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:26 am

I thought the same exact thing.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Are you going to SEA for any reason??
LAX-JFK-LAX in trancon First would be a lot nicer.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:04 am

How did you even get JAL.com to show all your segments? I can't even see the details of my tickets on JAL.com let alone select seats. I just see one AA flight. ...
You can find JAL's PNR in the itin confirmation email. Using that PNR instead AA PNR to check in JAL website. You need to call AA to select seats for you for JL operated flights anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lewisyu
You can find JAL's PNR in the itin confirmation email. Using that PNR instead AA PNR to check in JAL website. You need to call AA to select seats for you for JL operated flights anyway.
I used the JL PNR and the screen shot was the result.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:13 am

Mystery solved -- JAL's website (using JAL's PNR) was only showing AA domestic segments. AA was able to select seats on the phone including 1A on JAL 777.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Moindardt
QF Points Earn: https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyn...alPointsEarned

I will probably credit to QF, depending on whether there is a bonus for AA points at the time. My trip is ICN-NRT-JFK-DFW-MSY | MSY-CLT-JFK-NRT-ICN which is 760SC and the renewal for QF Platinum is 1200 (OWE). For a first timer, QF Platinum is 1400 and QF Gold (OWS) is 800.

If post your itinerary someone will be able to work it out for you.
My itinerary is ICN-NRT-LAX-JFK and return with ICN-NRT in J, NRT-LAX in F, and LAX-JFK in A. Open to any crediting suggestions given that my only OW status is AB Silver, which is running out soon anyway. The good thing is that my BA tier clock starts in March and I'm flying this in April, which is great for timing purposes.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
How did you even get JAL.com to show all your segments? I can't even see the details of my tickets on JAL.com let alone select seats. I just see one AA flight. JL agent said that the full itinerary won't appear on JAL.com until 72 hours prior to departure. She also could not select seats. On the other hand, AA agent was able to select seats on the codeshare JL fights. The seats selected were all row 2 so definitely First Class TPAC.

I got the same issue trying to go through JALs website. Took the advice of people here and called AA where a very nice representative selected my seats on the JAL flight. I got 1A as well on the TPAC segment so don't I feel special Seats even assigned automatically for my return LAX-NRT-ICN leg in July which was nice.

Also if this deal is very well dead and gone, RIP. And thanks OP for posting this, you made a lot of flyertalkers very happy including myself
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Global Entry; United Premier Platinum [until 2017]; formerly US Airways Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by whimike
No surprise given that some people in this thread have been calling the airline.

At least it lasted as long as it did.
Jeez, and I JUST confirmed some conflicting schedules to book this prior to the fare expiring. Thank you eager, non-veteran FT sweating bullets for no reason...Waiting for the next opportunity to experience JAL first.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by katola
Jeez, and I JUST confirmed some conflicting schedules to book this prior to the fare expiring. Thank you eager, non-veteran FT sweating bullets for no reason...Waiting for the next opportunity to experience JAL first.
ugh, same here. was going to book this morning. oh well! luckily have been able to fly JL F twice before on awards NRT-LAX. everyone who booked is in for a real treat, especially the food!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by katola
Sorry you missed out but FT veterans know never to assume that any good deal will last more than a few hours. And since this sucker was fully refundable and changeable, there was no reason not to book and then make changes later to fit your schedule, or cancel entirely.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:43 am

Sorry you missed out but FT veterans know never to assume that any good deal will last more than a few hours. And since this sucker was fully refundable and changeable, there was no reason not to book and then make changes later to fit your schedule, or cancel entirely.
+1.

also, book first, ask questions later. even on nonrefundable fares, they are typically cancellable within 24hrs of purchase.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This fare lasted WAY longer than one would expect it to. I thought I was fortunate that it was still around 12 hours after it got posted (when I booked), and yet it lasted a good while after that...
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stvr
This fare lasted WAY longer than one would expect it to. I thought I was fortunate that it was still around 12 hours after it got posted (when I booked), and yet it lasted a good while after that...

Agreed. Was surprised to see it still available last night.

Always remember Flyertalk rule #1

Book First, Ask Questions Later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.