Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JL/AA: SEL-NYC r/t in F as low as $2,800

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You can probably credit to AS, since both JAL and AA are AS partners. People had this issue with the AA-marketed, QF-operated fares. It's not guaranteed at all, though, and usually is accrued as the marketing carrier's fare class.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by jch636
Thanks! Another technical question - with the fare rules, does this mean if I want to change a later sector before actually flying the first sector, the entire ticket has to be reissued? (If I'm beyond the 24-hr cancellation window, does that mean repricing as well?). So it's not a simple change of just one segment?
Yes, reprice and reissue.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
So I just ticketed and selected first class, once it was ticketed the only F booking codes was for the NRT-LAX legs. All domestic is in J, should I cancel and try to rebook?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:01 pm

Isn't JAL F calculated as 30% of miles flown for purposes of calculating EQD? A RT TPAC should yield more EQD than what the fare actually costs.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tycosiao
As per the fare rules, yes, you should be able to change after the first sector is flown and subject to availability.

You can actually cancel within 24 hours of booking and get a new booking.
This fare "should" be fully refundable at any time though?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Isn't JAL F calculated as 30% of miles flown for purposes of calculating EQD? A RT TPAC should yield more EQD than what the fare actually costs.
EQDs will be awarded based on ticket price (includes base fare plus carrier-imposed fees, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees) on American Airlines-marketed flights.

Flights marketed by oneworld® carriers and Alaska Airlines will earn EQDs based on a percentage of the flight distance and the fare class purchased.

Since the Tpac sectors are operated by JL, EQDs will be earned on the (2) clause.

As to how much in terms of $, perhaps someone else can help.

I will credit mine to BA but I am considering AA for my travel companion.

Correction: I am wrong with the above, I am sorry, AA Marketed and Operated for the Tpac.

Sorry, didn't sleep the whole night.

Last edited by tycosiao; Dec 13, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by frebay
So I just ticketed and selected first class, once it was ticketed the only F booking codes was for the NRT-LAX legs. All domestic is in J, should I cancel and try to rebook?
Domestic transcon (JFK-LAX/SFO) will be coded F if in first and J if in business, other domestic first class will be coded in J since AA has decided to change the codes for non-transcon domestic first. FT LINK

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Only if it is JL coded, if AA coded earns under AA chart

OT: I hope this one doesn't go the way PEN-YYZ fare did...these fares are my ride back from Asia
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson
You can probably credit to AS, since both JAL and AA are AS partners.
not IME as a 75k. they're pretty strict with regards to the rules for earning, and this fall outside of those (with AA marketing, JL operated segments).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by island82
Domestic transcon (JFK-LAX/SFO) will be coded F if in first and J if in business, other domestic first class will be coded in J since AA has decided to change the codes for non-transcon domestic first.
I booked
ICN-NRT-LAX-SJC-LAX-JFK-PHX-SJC-LAX-NRT-ICN

I thought that since LAX-JFK is 3 class transcon it would be in F, it shows up as business.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked
ICN-NRT-LAX-SJC-LAX-JFK-PHX-SJC-LAX-NRT-ICN

I thought that since LAX-JFK is 3 class transcon it would be in F, it shows up as business.
Depends, F might not be available on the particular flight. Or it could be a minor technical issue.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Depends, F might not be available on the particular flight. Or it could be a minor technical issue.
This is what is showing up. first flexible/business.

So wait a few weeks and call?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

F is available, not sure why it is showing that. Are you able to select seats? If so, which cabin are they in? F is 1-1, J is 2-2 (I'm sure you know but just referencing it quickly).

Might just have to wait until the first flight and then call.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:49 pm

Yes can select seats, but only J. Concerned that since it's booking into J, doens't matter to call.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
F is available, not sure why it is showing that. Are you able to select seats? If so, which cabin are they in? F is 1-1, J is 2-2 (I'm sure you know but just referencing it quickly).

Might just have to wait until the first flight and then call.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: WP
Try viewing your reservation on the US AA site and select seats as suggested by TheBOSMAN

Yes can select seats, but only J. Concerned that since it's booking into J, doens't matter to call.
It is a holiday weekend and with FT bookings, F may have been snapped up before you did your booking. Did you deeplink from GF or did you use ITA?

Last edited by island82; Dec 13, 2016 at 4:54 pm Reason: .
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. F shows as available on a simple LAX-JFK search. I wouldn't let it affect booking this personally though, JL F at this price is worth flying AA J instead of AA F on that one flight IMO. You can try calling much later and switch to a different flight, if it poses an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.