Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ttime018
Hey guys, new here! I am on status match for platinum, so even if I fly to Paris from LAX, as long as it's Sky Team, this will go towards my status match, correct?

Thanks in advance.
Yes but I think that some SkyTeam partners don't earn MQM's at 100% so check out the partner page on Delta's web site to verify earnings rate
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
Yes but I think that some SkyTeam partners don't earn MQM's at 100% so check out the partner page on Delta's web site to verify earnings rate

Thanks! It receives full MQM's... Figured it would as it's Air France. Excited to join you guys in this... Hopefully Delta Platinum Medallion is worth it!!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Ttime018
Thanks! It receives full MQM's... Figured it would as it's Air France. Excited to join you guys in this... Hopefully Delta Platinum Medallion is worth it!!
I find the difference between GM and PM to be huge. I love the free award ticket redeposit the best. Let's me make tweaks to my trips.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:47 am

2017 DL Mileage Run

Departure Airport: PNS
Miles Needed: 15000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: ~$1500
Available Travel Dates: 4 Day period after 15 November
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Yes; provided 100% MQM

Finalizing Diamond Status and would prefer R/T to England. LHR, LGW or BHX preferred. Any help is sincerely appreciated. Moose
Old Oct 10, 2017, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by mooseter90

Finalizing Diamond Status and would prefer R/T to England. LHR, LGW or BHX preferred. Any help is sincerely appreciated. Moose
I am not an expert at this but I think your budget will work. However, if you want to go to the UK then I'd position West and book PE to get the bonus miles.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mooseter90

I know you mentioned England, but what about CGK?

PNS-ATL-ICN-CGK for 950. Should get you around 18k miles.

https://goo.gl/flights/NZ7c
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
DTW fares hard to come by

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed:20,000
Required Spend or Budget:Under 800
Available Travel Dates: Flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:?

Seems like the better airfares are out of other cities even though DTW is a DL hub...

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:46 pm

If you can reposition to New York, then are some flights to SIN for $502 between now and end of year; cheaper in Basic Economy

e.g. Nov 8 - 10

LGA-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-(EWR) ; 20000 miles (20,500 miles)

Bookable on Delta. Flexible calendar

Originally Posted by CNYGuy

Seems like the better airfares are out of other cities even though DTW is a DL hub...

Thanks for your help!
CNYGuy likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CNYGuy

Thanks for your help!
I'm afraid your logic is backwards. It's precisely because DTW is a large, captive hub for DL that fares are higher. Much more competition out of other large cities where DL has to compete more aggressively on price. The answer to these queries are pretty much always the same -- reposition to NYC, CHI, or WAS and look at flights to SIN or JNB using Google Flights. There are almost always good deals going on to these destinations. You can generally leverage hidden city so you only need to book a one-way to reposition and then route the return through DTW.
CNYGuy likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by LBJ
I'm afraid your logic is backwards. It's precisely because DTW is a large, captive hub for DL that fares are higher. Much more competition out of other large cities where DL has to compete more aggressively on price. The answer to these queries are pretty much always the same -- reposition to NYC, CHI, or WAS and look at flights to SIN or JNB using Google Flights. There are almost always good deals going on to these destinations. You can generally leverage hidden city so you only need to book a one-way to reposition and then route the return through DTW.
Thanks. Appreciate the insights. Obviously new at this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta
I was about 6,000 MQM’s short of Diamond on Delta and applied for the AMEX Platinum BUSINESS card earlier this week. I signed up as a sole proprietor with my annual income as my revenue and was approved instantly. If you can spend $4,000 in the first three months, you get 10,000 MQM’s, 70,000 bonus miles and $100 statement credit on any Delta purchase in that 3 month period. For a $195 annual fee, that’s a nice mileage run for basically free. Good luck!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP
Pushing for gold

Departure Airport: In order of preference: JFK, LGA, (EWR if it's absolutely necessary)
Miles Needed:~11,000
Required Spend or Budget: up to $1000 (I've earned the waiver on spend)
Available Travel Dates: Any time Fridays after 1800, return Sundays by 2100 on the following weekends:
10/27-10/29
12/1-12/3
12/8-12/10
12/15-12/17

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any

**Need two seats, I'll have an earning companion.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Departure Airport: BOS, NYC, WAS, CLT, ATL
Miles Needed:11,000 in 2017.
Budget: $500 +/-, Required Spend met.
Available Travel Dates: before 12/31, will also take Jan/Feb ideas to requalify ASAP!
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Prefer DL, codeshare OK

Current GM looking to rollover as close to 24,999 miles as possible, currently about halfway there. I'd also like to jumpstart my 2019 qualifying. Pretty flexible as to east coast airports, but I prefer midweek mileage runs. Willing to go to Asia, but doing BOS-MNL MR on UA in late Jan., so prefer US runs until then. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:28 pm

JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK

e.g. Dec. 2 - 3 (immediate return on Dec. 2 but getting back to JFK on Dec 3), $810 and 10,000 miles

Bookable on Delta. Various dates available

Originally Posted by jme5343
Departure Airport: In order of preference: JFK, LGA, (EWR if it's absolutely necessary)
Miles Needed:~11,000
Required Spend or Budget: up to $1000 (I've earned the waiver on spend)
Available Travel Dates: Any time Fridays after 1800, return Sundays by 2100 on the following weekends:
10/27-10/29
12/1-12/3
12/8-12/10
12/15-12/17

Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any

**Need two seats, I'll have an earning companion.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 11, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles PM, AA ExPlat, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Departure Airport: CHS is home, but CAE or SAV work also.
Miles Needed: 27000
Required Spend or Budget: Hoping to Pay With Miles up to $2500
Available Travel Dates: Anytime leaving Dec 3 or later, and home no later than Dec 23
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Pretty sure it will have to be a Delta Issued ticket on AF or VS
My go to would be CHS - JFK - CDG - JNB, but everything that I can find has a 25 hour layover in JFK on the way home, and I am hoping to avoid that. The 9 and 10 hour layovers in JFK and CDG are acceptable. Just don't want an overnight layover on the way home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.