Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
canuck_traveler, this is the same thing I was saying. I got in touch with them to see what's going on.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Alright, Delta fixed it. They weren't crediting the extra 50% on the B fare. All is well, now. :-)
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by choklit
Alright, Delta fixed it. They weren't crediting the extra 50% on the B fare. All is well, now. :-)
Great!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL
Departure Airport: EASTERN US
Arrival Airport: FRA, STU or ZRH
Miles Needed: 16k+
Required Spend or Budget: 2,500
Available Travel Dates: March 9th, return March 17
anything in Skyteam

Hoping to travel in Business/Delta One for the long flight.
If someone can help find the cheapest city in the eastern US to depart from, I'll figure out how to get there from home in coach.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RossKoh
Departure Airport: EASTERN US
Arrival Airport: FRA, STU or ZRH
Miles Needed: 16k+
Required Spend or Budget: 2,500
Available Travel Dates: March 9th, return March 17
anything in Skyteam

Hoping to travel in Business/Delta One for the long flight.
If someone can help find the cheapest city in the eastern US to depart from, I'll figure out how to get there from home in coach.
JFK-FRA is $2798 for DL Z fare on those dates. Doubt you are going to find anything cheaper than that. Most of the cheap Z fares to Europe have a 60-day advance purchase requirement and March 9th is too close-in to meet that.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: DL
Thanks LBJ.
I had a little optimism in my lack of experience. You've given me the unfortunate compliment that I, in fact, do know what I doing.
Damn.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Departure Airport: LAX, SNA
Miles Needed: 18,750
Required Spend or Budget: $2,250
Available Travel Dates: July 2018
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

First-time Delta flyer who wants to status match from AS to Delta Platinum. From what I have read, I should COMPLETE the challenge on/after July 1st 2018 to maximize the length of status through the end of 2019 (can someone please confirm?)

According to the Delta site, the challenge is 18,750 MQMs combined with $2,250 MQD. Looking to complete this as early in July as possible, ideally around July 4th holiday.

Thanks everyone!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by EbonyTatas

First-time Delta flyer who wants to status match from AS to Delta Platinum. From what I have read, I should COMPLETE the challenge on/after July 1st 2018 to maximize the length of status through the end of 2019 (can someone please confirm?)

According to the Delta site, the challenge is 18,750 MQMs combined with $2,250 MQD. Looking to complete this as early in July as possible, ideally around July 4th holiday.

Thanks everyone!
An option:

July 4 - 6, LAX - JNB, 20,600 miles, $2462 (MC) ($2350 MQD), Bookable on Delta
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone!
It's enrollment date that matters, not completion date. If you enroll now and complete challenge, your status will only be good through Jan 31, 2019. You have to wait to enroll until July 1, 2018 for your status to be good through Jan 31, 2020.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 1, 2018 at 8:39 am
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by LBJ
It's enrollment date that matters, not completion date. If you enroll now and complete challenge, your status will only be good through Jan 31, 2019. You have to wait to enroll until July 1, 2018 for your status to be good through Jan 31, 2020.
Ok, thank you much very for this. I will wait until July 1 to request my status match. I imagine that it doesn't occur instantly and I should give myself at least 4 weeks fly on a ticket for a qualifying status run? Or will they backdate the miles based on my request?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
An option:

July 4 - 6, LAX - JNB, 20,600 miles, $2462 (MC) ($2350 MQD), Bookable on Delta
Thanks Canuck......that JNB > ATL leg is a loooonnng way. I can find a similar fare from LAX to PEK via XMN on Xiamen that would get my 16,000 MQM + 20% of that in MQD ($3,200). Would flying a partner airline qualify for the status match?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:23 am

Thanks Canuck......that JNB > ATL leg is a loooonnng way. I can find a similar fare from LAX to PEK via XMN on Xiamen that would get my 16,000 MQM + 20% of that in MQD ($3,200). Would flying a partner airline qualify for the status match?
Yes, flights on partner airlines do earn MQM and MQD but it depends on the fare class for the airline. Since you are indicating 20% MQD, I am guessing that it is a business or first class fare.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently took a flight Amsterdam-Beijing-Hong Kong via China Southern Airlines. They ended up not crediting 2 legs of the trip. I wonder if there is a way to know whether all the legs of the trip will count for status miles/level miles for Sky Team? Sorry for the ignorance!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I recently took a flight Amsterdam-Beijing-Hong Kong via China Southern Airlines. They ended up not crediting 2 legs of the trip. I wonder if there is a way to know whether all the legs of the trip will count for status miles/level miles for Sky Team? Sorry for the ignorance!
If will depend on the SkyTeam frequent flyer program that you belong to - each airline has their own criteria. You will need to check the fare class for each leg of the trip. Delta lists their different airline partners and the fare classes that earn MQM/MQD/MQS at https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Since you are listed as belonging to Flying Blue, you will need to check with KLM to see what they have for their different partners. https://www.flyingblue.com/partners/airlines.html

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Feb 2, 2018 at 9:56 am Reason: add link to Flying Blue partners info
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Departure Airport: NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR)
Miles Needed: 15-20k
Required Spend or Budget: $800
Available Travel Dates: any friday/saturday/sunday departures
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL Metal

Looking for mileage runs out of NYC. My usual suspects are not giving me anything. Multiple runs ok. budget is flexible. But wanna be in the max 4 cpm range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.