Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:45 pm

SYR to MCO

Departure Airport: SYR (may be ok with NY airport with eventual arrival in MCO)
Miles Needed: as many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: $500
Available Travel Dates: 10/23 to 10/27-10/29
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: no
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:54 pm

Looking for 20MQM out of Seattle

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 20,000
Budget: $700-1000
Available Travel Dates: Looking for something between Dec 4-Dec 31. We are open to a Christmas trip, but happy to go earlier in the month.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: ideally no codeshare

Thanks in advance, ideas are sincerely appreciated
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:08 pm

Need 12K Delta MQMs

Hi all, I've had a good travel year on Delta and am just shy of 12,000 miles to Diamond Medallion. I may have another international business trip before year end, but just in case I don't, I'm looking at the best ways to earn 12K miles on a sort of mileage run. I'm willing to go over Thanksgiving and spend the long weekend, so 3-5 days depending on the route. I'd like to spend no more than $1,500 and minimize stops. Any suggestions of a good route? This is originating in New York. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
15000 to Gold

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 15,000
Required Spend or Budget: 1000
Available Travel Dates: Any weekend EXCEPT 10/28, 11/10 or Thanksgiving. Also have December 18-22nd off completely. Not available after December 22nd.

Thank you!!
Old Oct 1, 2017, 10:56 pm

Another option: SFO-ATL-JNB-ATL-SFO for about 21,000 miles

Various Monday & Tuesday dates in November with immediate turn around in JNB for $702 - $725. Bookable on Delta.

Originally Posted by homeone
Thanks in advance! Never flew Delta / ST much ever in my life until now. Somehow found myself closest to getting next tier on Delta. Currently Silver needing 9200 MQM and 666 MQD to hit gold.

Departure Airport: SFO / SJC and can position to LAX or SEA as well
Miles Needed: 9200 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 666 MQD, ideally spend around that.
Available Travel Dates: not working at the moment so am flexible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: no restrictions as long as i get enough mqm and mqd. although i'd prefer to avoid China Eastern / Southern they probably have the best long haul flights to get the miles and hit the MQD based on % of distance i presume?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
What is approx cost for 12,500 MQM from MSP?

I will be 12,500 MQM short for DL Plat this year. I've never done mileage runs since I've previously been satisfied with Gold status.

Can an expert advise me approx how much it would cost me to get 12,500 MQM out of MSP before end of year?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:49 pm

When are you available to travel? e.g. any time and duration, just weekends, etc. International travel or just within USA?

A return trip with an immediate turn in Singapore will get you the miles you need. Various dates between now until end of November for $1035. Bookable on Delta.

Originally Posted by msp_flyer
I will be 12,500 MQM short for DL Plat this year. I've never done mileage runs since I've previously been satisfied with Gold status.

Can an expert advise me approx how much it would cost me to get 12,500 MQM out of MSP before end of year?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I prefer to travel Fri/Sat to Sun/Mon. Is $1,035 a good deal for 12,500 MQM?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:00 pm

Sorry, I transposed the 3 and 5. The price is $1053 for Monday/Tuesday travel. It will net you about 20,000 miles. It is about 5 cpm - the usual benchmark figure for mileage runs.

A trip to Narita will net you approximately 12,000 miles but prices seem to be fairly expensive.

You may have to do several internal US trips to meet your mileage goals. MSP-ANC-MSP is about 4000 miles.

If you are able to travel during the weekdays, jbeckett pointed out some options out of LGA to Singapore in the $500 range.

Originally Posted by msp_flyer
I prefer to travel Fri/Sat to Sun/Mon. Is $1,035 a good deal for 12,500 MQM?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:58 pm

Hey guys, still looking get some runs in to reach GM. I have $200 in DL gift cards to dump on flying Delta.

Departure Airport: LAS(pref)/LAX
Miles Needed: 20k
Required Spend or Budget: up to $1k
Available Travel Dates: most weekends/oct 26-29/Nov 22-26/Dec 20-31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: no pref

Thanks again!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, UAL Silver
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
If I were you I'd look at PEK, PVG, ICN, NRT, and MNL (extra long). If you're flexible you should be able to get it down to 4 CPM at least.

The trouble with that is I'd need a Chinese visa for anything other than HKG right?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Definitely not needed for ICN, NRT, or MNL. Throw in SIN as an option too. Not sure what the rules are for China destinations if you are leaving shortly afterwards.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:57 am

Basically, if China is your final destination (e.g. LAX-PVG-LAX), you will need a visa. If you are transiting (e.g. LAX-PVG-SIN-PVG-LAX), then visa is not required.

See the thread below for information about Chinese visas, etc.

China Visa / Visas Master Thread (all you need to know)

Originally Posted by comet2404
The trouble with that is I'd need a Chinese visa for anything other than HKG right?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Noob

New here, but let's see what happens:

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 23k
Available Travel Dates: Very flexible

Would love to have a site that allows me to search for "Where can I go for $500?"
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:46 pm

If you can get to NYC, then there are some flights to Singapore on Delta in the $500 range from mid-October to end-November. The trip will get you around 20,000 miles. Bookable on Delta (use flexible dates with trip duration of 3 days, 5 weeks to see options.)

You can pick up the remaining miles with a trip to SEA or do another SIN run.

Originally Posted by CNYGuy
New here, but let's see what happens:

Departure Airport: DTW
Miles Needed: 23k
Available Travel Dates: Very flexible

Would love to have a site that allows me to search for "Where can I go for $500?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.