Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: there is not much time left in 2017, given that travel tends to be expensive around holidays. You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kyryx
Departure Airport: NYC (JFK, EWR, LGA, HPN)
Miles Needed: 4798
Required Spend or Budget: < $350
Available Travel Dates: Must be before 11/24
Codeshares okay: Yes

I'm trying to get some miles to finish up a status challenge. I see there's some same day options in November to LAX and SAN for about 315, but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper. Thanks!!
Nevermind. I was able to pick up a work trip to Seattle which should cover it.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bwnolan
I got a great mileage run itinerary here last year so giving it another whirl.

Departure Airport: MEM
Miles Needed: 18,500 to Platinum Medallion
Required Spend or Budget: Not too important
Available Travel Dates: Looking at December 1-5 but other December weekends are pretty flexible.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:
MEM-SIN 12/3 - 12/5 $1071

Later trips in December will cost more (too close to holidays).

Also MEM-CGK from $1045. (there are some cheaper options on GA coded flights, but these won't earn quite enough MQM's).
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:09 am

Help with keeping my status. I need 12,700 miles

This is my first post. Thank you in advance for any help.

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed:12,700
Required Spend or Budget: 1800
Available Travel Dates: any dates with the exception of Nov 10-16.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Just the quickest way to get the 12,700 miles to maintain my platinum status.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:29 am

ATL-SEA-HKG-SEA-ATL for roughly 17,000 miles with various dates at end Oct, start November (e.g. Oct 30 - Nov 1) for around $1100

Originally Posted by JeromeM
This is my first post. Thank you in advance for any help.

Miles Needed:12,700
Required Spend or Budget: 1800
Available Travel Dates: any dates with the exception of Nov 10-16.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Just the quickest way to get the 12,700 miles to maintain my platinum status.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Miles Needed: 8,718
Required Spend or Budget: <$750
Available Travel Dates: December 2-3 would be ideal, potentially a day on either side if needed
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Either

I was looking through this earlier for ideas and hoped Fairbanks might work, but it's about 1k miles short. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BMWMThree
Miles Needed: 8,718
Required Spend or Budget: <$750
Available Travel Dates: December 2-3 would be ideal, potentially a day on either side if needed
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Either

I was looking through this earlier for ideas and hoped Fairbanks might work, but it's about 1k miles short. Thanks in advance!
ATL-BOS-DTW-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL is $531 on 12/2-12/3. 9093 MQM's.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
ATL-BOS-DTW-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL is $531 on 12/2-12/3. 9093 MQM's.
Thank you! How do I book something with that many legs? I looked for it on ITA but don't see it. Sorry - new to mileage runs.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
ATL-MSP-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL $486 for 7872 MQMs

Thank you! How do I book something with that many legs? I looked for it on ITA but don't see it. Sorry - new to mileage runs.

You can book ATL-MSP-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL 12/2-12/3 for $486 on Delta.com. 7872 MQMs.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
ATL-BOS-DTW-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL for 9070 MQMs

Originally Posted by LUMRS
You can book ATL-MSP-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL 12/2-12/3 for $486 on Delta.com. 7872 MQMs.
OR ATL-BOS-DTW-SEA-FAI-SEA-DTW-ATL on the same dates for $548.30 at Delta.com. 9070 MQMs. Two-hour layover in FAI. Middle of the night in December. Sounds like fun.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Just staying in the airport?

If I do a MR to Japan or Singapore or China, what are my VISA requirements if I am never leaving the airport? No need/desire to see sites in these circumstances, just want to get lots of miles...

Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:38 pm

For Singapore, you shouldn't have any problems since you can get the boarding passes for your return flight at the airside transit desk (i.e. don't have to pass through immigration.) Even if you have to pass through immigration, you will be given a free tourist visa. You will want to make sure that your passport is not within 90 days of expiring; many countries do not allow entry for passports within 90 of expiration.

For Japan, depending on the airport, the same should be true (i.e. transit desk to get the boarding passes for the return flight and also free tourist visa if needed.)

For China, you will need a visa if China is your final destination (e.g. flying US-China-US)

Originally Posted by CNYGuy
If I do a MR to Japan or Singapore or China, what are my VISA requirements if I am never leaving the airport? No need/desire to see sites in these circumstances, just want to get lots of miles...

Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
For Singapore, you shouldn't have any problems since you can get the boarding passes for your return flight at the airside transit desk (i.e. don't have to pass through immigration.) Even if you have to pass through immigration, you will be given a free tourist visa. You will want to make sure that your passport is not within 90 days of expiring; many countries do not allow entry for passports within 90 of expiration.

For Japan, depending on the airport, the same should be true (i.e. transit desk to get the boarding passes for the return flight and also free tourist visa if needed.)

For China, you will need a visa if China is your final destination (e.g. flying US-China-US)
Thank you!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:49 am

Departure Airport: LGA / JFK
Miles Needed: 16,500
Required Spend or Budget: below $1000
Available Travel Dates: Nov 27 - Dec 2; Dec 11 - 15
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:13 am

JFK - SIN - JFK Nov 29 - Dec 1 $916 20,900 miles Bookable on Delta

Originally Posted by harlemguy
Departure Airport: LGA / JFK
Miles Needed: 16,500
Required Spend or Budget: below $1000
Available Travel Dates: Nov 27 - Dec 2; Dec 11 - 15
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta
Old Oct 27, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can price it using multi-city search (atl-bos-fai-atl).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.