Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by cochino_BA
I just booked a trip to Buenos Aires with a short stay in Iguazu for $560:

OCT 29 JFK-LIM-IGU
NOV 2 IGR-AEP
NOV 9 EZE-SCL-JFK

I couldn't get anything but O fare codes on Orbitz for the entire trip but Travelocity & Expedia showed each flight with a unique fare code but those were $60+ more expensive.
Nice itinerary! Is the IGR-AEP a separate ticket, plus the open jaw?

Or were you able to book the entire routing on one PNR?? And which OTA did you end up using?

Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I was able to book:

JFK - SCL - O CLASS
SCL - GIG - H CLASS (STAY 4 NIGHTS)
GIG - IGU - Y CLASS (STAY 1 NIGHT)
IGU - LIM - B CLASS
LIM - JFK - O CLASS
$506.00 - It looks like all flights earn 100% on AA/US.

I'm having zero luck selecting seats, I'm OW Saphire. LAN.com shows a spinning wheel, and never loads a seat map. The LAN forum is very unclear on when and how you can select seats. Any suggestions?

Last edited by flyldavid; Jun 2, 2014 at 11:02 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:40 am

I booked this through Orbitz, is there any way to find the fare classes? I don't see them anywhere.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by nsummy
I booked this through Orbitz, is there any way to find the fare classes? I don't see them anywhere.
I was able to get the fare classes by calling Orbitz customer service.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Nice itinerary! Is the IGR-AEP a separate ticket, plus the open jaw?

Or were you able to book the entire routing on one PNR?? And which OTA did you end up using?

Thanks!
All on same LAN PNR through Orbitz.

I went to lan.com 'my trips' and they show up with OLXPP558 and OLWPP558 fares.

So probably won't be earning full AA miles.

I am thinking this is an error with LAN's Fall sale to South America ex-USA becuase those are all O fares too.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by flyldavid
I was able to book:

JFK - SCL - O CLASS
SCL - GIG - H CLASS (STAY 4 NIGHTS)
GIG - IGU - Y CLASS (STAY 1 NIGHT)
IGU - LIM - B CLASS
LIM - JFK - O CLASS
$506.00 - It looks like it all flights earn 100% on AA/US.

I'm having zero luck selecting seats, I'm OW Saphire. LAN.com shows a spinning wheel, and never loads a seat map. The LAN forum is very unclear on when and how you can select seats. Any suggestions?
Same thing is happening to me. I booked on Orbitz, my TAM segments assigned me seats automatically. LAN flights are unselected. I see the seat map in orbitz but get a generic error when trying to select my seats. LAN website gives me the spinning wheel too. I contacted Orbitz support so I will see what they say and update this
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
All on same LAN PNR through Orbitz.

I went to lan.com 'my trips' and they show up with OLXPP558 and OLWPP558 fares.

So probably won't be earning full AA miles.

I am thinking this is an error with LAN's Fall sale to South America ex-USA becuase those are all O fares too.
That's the same fare-basis I purchased as well, but note the fare class used for the intra-South America and Brazil domestic flight earn full 100% mileage. (See post #92)
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by FlightWhite
Was holding back on posting this till I got everything sorted out! ... booking family members on the very itinerary.

Appears to be available through EOS. With visa, you can route through SCL and LIM for < 5 cpm. Thats not the worst thing ever. Also for those of you who are OW Emeralds, I've been upgraded from Y on all non-full J flights I've taken with LATAM.

There's also the PUQ deal, stopping 3x in LIM,SCL,and PMC which gets around 5 CPM, to Chile which has no reciprocity fee.
delete
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Same thing is happening to me. I booked on Orbitz, my TAM segments assigned me seats automatically. LAN flights are unselected. I see the seat map in orbitz but get a generic error when trying to select my seats. LAN website gives me the spinning wheel too. I contacted Orbitz support so I will see what they say and update this
The cheapest LAN fares don't allow selecting seats in advance. Don't call the airline/OTA (Orbitz etc) as this might kill the deal (this might be mistake fare...).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by miikkak
The cheapest LAN fares don't allow selecting seats in advance. Don't call the airline/OTA (Orbitz etc) as this might kill the deal (this might be mistake fare...).
I already emailed Orbitz about it. I doubt my one email will kill the deal but I won't press the subject further with them. I wish their website and LANs would just tell you that instead of making it look like some sort of technical error. So is it possible to select your seats at check-in or do they just auto-assign them?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
You can choose seats during online checkin. I have never been stuck at middle seat when flying with LAN (I always try do online checkin at least 24 hours before departure).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:43 am

I'm trying to spend some time traveling this fall September-November time frame. (Will be transitioning to a new job and am taking a few months off). I'd love to be able to spend 1-2 months in South America to make the most of my airfare (with stops in IGU, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru - Lima & Cuzco, etc.). I've tried every combination I can think of for this deal but there seems to be a lot of restrictions pertaining to the layover at each stop. Can anyone suggest a flight itinerary for this?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by waltonma
I'm trying to spend some time traveling this fall September-November time frame. (Will be transitioning to a new job and am taking a few months off). I'd love to be able to spend 1-2 months in South America to make the most of my airfare (with stops in IGU, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru - Lima & Cuzco, etc.). I've tried every combination I can think of for this deal but there seems to be a lot of restrictions pertaining to the layover at each stop. Can anyone suggest a flight itinerary for this?
I played around with it yesterday, I didn't try any month long trips but what I found was that you could spend 1 night in your initial layover city. any longer would jack up the price.my next stop was Foz do Iguaçu. It seemed like that was a 2 days minimum. My next stop was Rio. I could extend my last leg longer and the price stayed them same. I also looked into doing an extra night at the layover city on my way out, that jacked up the price.

This was out of NYC in October. Just what I encountered, hopefully it will help
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I already emailed Orbitz about it. I doubt my one email will kill the deal but I won't press the subject further with them. I wish their website and LANs would just tell you that instead of making it look like some sort of technical error. So is it possible to select your seats at check-in or do they just auto-assign them?
You emailed Orbitz over a seat assignment?

A seat assignment? I'm speechless.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaymar01
You emailed Orbitz over a seat assignment?

A seat assignment? I'm speechless.
+1.

Public Service Announcement:

DO NOT CONTACT ANY HUMAN!

Do Not Contact Airlines or OTA under any circumstances while this fare is still active. Your seat assignments can wait. There is no need to confirm by phone, Skype, voip, email, twitter, facebook, foursquare, postal mail, smoke signal, hand gesture, Morse code or flag signal.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 2, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.