Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; Turkish Airlines Elite; Flying Blue Plat; Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Starwd/hilt GLD
I was able to book the following for myself and two others:

NYC -lim nov 11.
Lim-igu nov 17
Igu-NYC nov 22

Ai $560!

Thanks op! Great find! I've been to brazil 40+ times, but never to the great falls
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by uvablue
Long time lurker, first time commenter.

I've been trying to lockdown this fare, but I'm struggling to find a route that doesn't take me into both Argentina and Brazil (and thus subjects me to $300+ in entrance/visa fees). I've tried from both JFK and MIA (no price difference and about the same travel cost for me from ATL). I'd like to stop in two other cities in addition to IGU (planning just 2 nights and a full day there), such as SCL, GIG, GRU, or EZE/AEP but can't seem to get it to work. Any thoughts?

The best I've found is MIA-SCL (2 nights, 1 day)-EZE/AEP (4 nights) - IGR (2 nights)-IGU (extra Brazil fee)-MIA (with overnight LIM layover). This is in October.

Thanks!
See my post #54 above...I managed to fit in long day layovers in SCL, four nights in GIG, and one night in GRU for $570. Most of us have been routing via LIM or SCL then onto GIG or GRU. The Argentina connections seem to be in the minority; in fact, for the mid-November dates I was searching, I didn't see any EZE/AEP connections in the $500-$600 range.

Which OTA are you using? When navigating Orbitz, it's best to punch each segment into the multi city tool individually, even the short flights into/out of IGU.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Madmax4797
Just managed to book another ex-JFK with stopovers in SCL and GIG, so this is still alive and well.

With a 6pm arrival in IGU, one full subsequent day, and an 11am departure on the following day (2 nights total), does anyone have any advice on how to see both sides of the falls? I read somewhere that the Argentine side opens at 8am, and the Brazil side closes at 6pm. Would it be feasible to take the jungle/boat ride on the Argentine side in the morning, and do a short tour for pictures in Brazil until 6pm closing?
I just looked it up as I have a schedule similar to yours (arrive at 4:40, full day, fly out at 1). I'm kind of mad at myself for not scheduling more time. These guys really take banking hours to the extreme with these parks.

Here are the hours:

Brazil - 9am - 5pm
Argentina - 8am - 6pm
Bird park in brazil - 8:30 - 5 pm

seems pretty ridiculous and I doubt I'll be able to fit it all in. Seems like the best strategy would to be ready to go on the Argentina side at 8 am.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:40 am

Ended up with a stopover in Buenos Aires, then visiting IGU on the way back.
Whole itinerary is:

LAX-LIM-SCL-EZE(stop)-GIG-IGU(stop)-LIM-LAX
I'll be playing FF# roulette with the gate agents, hoping to credit to AS wherever possible, though the longhauls will have to go to AA.

I'm running a marathon in Mar del Plata on November 30th. The argentine peso is weak and continuing to drop, to the point where even the government is raising the official exchange rate. I'll definitely be bringing my USD @:-)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, DL
Originally Posted by Madmax4797
See my post #54 above...I managed to fit in long day layovers in SCL, four nights in GIG, and one night in GRU for $570. Most of us have been routing via LIM or SCL then onto GIG or GRU. The Argentina connections seem to be in the minority; in fact, for the mid-November dates I was searching, I didn't see any EZE/AEP connections in the $500-$600 range.

Which OTA are you using? When navigating Orbitz, it's best to punch each segment into the multi city tool individually, even the short flights into/out of IGU.
Thanks for the tips. Actually, I had been using your post #54 earlier, but then got stuck on wanting to seeing SCL and AEP. However, I think your GIG option is more practical, both financially and logistically. Also, thanks for the tip on Orbitz, I was doing most legs individually, but doing every single short flight definitely helped me get the right price.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
I'll be playing FF# roulette with the gate agents, hoping to credit to AS wherever possible, though the longhauls will have to go to AA.
Can someone tell me what AS is?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Alaska Airlines
Old Jun 5, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
If you're looking for stopovers, you can still easily find itineraries on webjet.com. I've successfully priced out stopovers in SCL, GIG, LIM, MVD, EZE, GRU, BOG in the high 500 low $600 range from NYC and LAX.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by aaron1262
If you're looking for stopovers, you can still easily find itineraries on webjet.com. I've successfully priced out stopovers in SCL, GIG, LIM, MVD, EZE, GRU, BOG in the high 500 low $600 range from NYC and LAX.
Any thing from DFW?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, DL
Originally Posted by JamesQ
Any thing from DFW?
Not that I've seen. I think you just need to doing a separate connection from DFW to either JFK, MIA, or LAX (the locations I've seen the deals originate out of).
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:03 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

I am trying to book in November 21 to dec 1 and all I get is $ 1100 or more. Is this deal still in or dead. Can some one help if it is available then on which site.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by gotofly
I am trying to book in November 21 to dec 1 and all I get is $ 1100 or more. Is this deal still in or dead. Can some one help if it is available then on which site.
I'm seeing the same, nothing in this range from mid Oct-mid Dec.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:39 am

Someone posted the fare rules on page 2 of this thread. It looks like you had to purchase the ticket by June 9th.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: free agent
Hi from Sheraton @ IGU. Absolutely happy that I jumped on this deal and was wondering how long I should wait for LAN to credit my flights to my AA account? Hopefully all of you enjoy Rio (was there for 3 days and def not enough!!)
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Putt86
Hi from Sheraton @ IGU. Absolutely happy that I jumped on this deal and was wondering how long I should wait for LAN to credit my flights to my AA account? Hopefully all of you enjoy Rio (was there for 3 days and def not enough!!)
Hey nice to hear yr trip is going well! Hope yr miles credit soon. Two more weeks before I go. Also doing 3 days in Rio and one in IGU. What was yr routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.