Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
except award space can be pretty rare for that route. Thought they might be doing something more creative
You can purchase one way GIG-IGU for $100-$140.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:39 pm

I just got this for $549.37. Here is my itinerary

Friday, Oct 24 - JFK -> GRU (layover in Lima)
Oct 26 - CGH -> IGU
Oct 28 - IGU -> GIG
Monday, Nov 3 - GIG -> JFK (Layover in Santiago, Chile)

13,993 miles. 3.9 cents per mile assuming they earn at 100%
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsummy
I just got this for $549.37. Here is my itinerary

Friday, Oct 24 - JFK -> GRU (layover in Lima)
Oct 26 - CGH -> IGU
Oct 28 - IGU -> GIG
Monday, Nov 3 - GIG -> JFK (Layover in Santiago, Chile)

13,993 miles. 3.9 cents per mile assuming they earn at 100%
If crediting to AA, only the segment between North and South America earn 100%. The others are 25%.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
You can get from SFO for $624 (for e.g. Nov 9 to Nov 14) on Orbitz: Sample Itinerary below:
SFO-MIA-GRU-IGU
IGU-LIM-LAX-SFO

Wish I had time to do this
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
If crediting to AA, only the segment between North and South America earn 100%. The others are 25%.
Not necessarily - I found a routing that I wanted to get (sadly I could only find returns that land back in NYC on Monday morning and that doesn't work for me so I have to pass on this deal) that had all the inter-South America flights on TAM flights with TAM numbers. All of TAM flights earn 100% internationally and then inter-Brazil one (GIG - IGU was the only one) was at 50% so overall you're getting 100% on almost everything.

Negative was it priced at $535 so on the high end for this deal
Old Jun 1, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Not necessarily - I found a routing that I wanted to get (sadly I could only find returns that land back in NYC on Monday morning and that doesn't work for me so I have to pass on this deal) that had all the inter-South America flights on TAM flights with TAM numbers. All of TAM flights earn 100% internationally and then inter-Brazil one (GIG - IGU was the only one) was at 50% so overall you're getting 100% on almost everything.

Thanks for pointing that out. $535 is still a pretty good deal.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by pfbloom
Note that if you cancel (as allowed within the 24 hour window) CheapoAir will charge a $25 cancellation fee. Definitely not a recommended OTA.
At least they are upfront about it. I just cancelled the reservation I had on hold with Orbitz within their specified window and they tried to tell me that I had a $20 non refundable cancellation fee that they had never mentioned until then.

I had been trying to avoid CheapoAir, but I could not force the connection I wanted to show up anywhere else, they seem to pull up a lot more options from LAX on this deal.

Last edited by amybd; Jun 1, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyerdude88

Pretty much what I have, I have 3 LAN flights and 2 out of the 3 are international. The rest are TAM and the ones in the country are short flights anyways. I definitely am not doing this for a mile run though. This is an amazing deal and will allow me to visit 3 Brazilian cities for a lot less than normal. So I guess from a mile earnings perspective it might be a lesser deal, from a miles traveled perspective, much better. Plus I get to ride on a 787.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:45 pm

I'm trying to price this out with Ultimate Rewards with 5-6 days in GIG & can't get it to price out correctly no matter what I do. Also tried with a short stays in IGU and/or SCL with no luck.

Anyone else trying this on Ultimate Rewards?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:14 am

I just booked 2 tickets:
LAX-LIM-SCL-GIG (stopover for 5 nights)//IGU-LIM (stopover for 5 nights)//LIM-LAX for $591 pp on Expedia.

First, try searching on hipmunk and then click through to buy on Expedia/Travelocity.

I've never been to SA and I never expected that it's going to be this cheap.Thank you so much!!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: DL, AA, BA, LH
Anyone finding dates for Thanksgiving? I've been without success on Orbitz.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by Flight3383
Anyone finding dates for Thanksgiving? I've been without success on Orbitz.
Blackout dates for the fare include:

From the US: Nov 21-26
To the US: Nov 30 - Dec 2
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: AA, BA
I just booked a trip to Buenos Aires with a short stay in Iguazu for $560:

OCT 29 JFK-LIM-IGU
NOV 2 IGR-AEP
NOV 9 EZE-SCL-JFK

I couldn't get anything but O fare codes on Orbitz for the entire trip but Travelocity & Expedia showed each flight with a unique fare code but those were $60+ more expensive.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
nice fare.wish I could take advantage of it out of DFW..any suggestions?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by jasong83
I'm trying to price this out with Ultimate Rewards with 5-6 days in GIG & can't get it to price out correctly no matter what I do. Also tried with a short stays in IGU and/or SCL with no luck.

Anyone else trying this on Ultimate Rewards?
Yes I tried UR's and it didn't work, but I tried using points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.