Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Thanks!
Are you getting past the pax info page?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
If it's not ticketed by the deadline its held (Midnight) does it automatically get cancelled?
You and I are about 80 minutes away from finding out
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hobo13
So tickets are still issuing. SWEET!

Keep that hamster chugging around in his wheel......
yeah no particular order, skipped one that i ordered before these though. but hopefully they took it down to update and get everything back up to speed :P
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
booked 1:20pm, ticketed 8:20pm
others booked at same time (before and after) not ticketed yet, but I'm optimistic
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:45 pm

Confirmed 16:42 EST, ticketed 22:35.

EWR-LIS 3/6-14.

Thanks OP!!!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
If it's not ticketed by the deadline its held (Midnight) does it automatically get cancelled?
No, it does not automatically get cancelled upon reaching the deadline given on united.com, even if it has not ticketed before that deadline
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaBumper
You and I are about 80 minutes away from finding out
Me too!

I'm waiting on one to ticket that I bought at 4:07pm EST and one from 7:13pm EST. Both are confirmed, but neither have been ticketed or charged to credit card.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
the site is back online, they changed the website design, it now look different and it seems you can still book... shows "old" cheap prices...

did they take the website down just for an update and not due to the 1000x booking...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jfkeze
the site is back online, they changed the website design, it now look different and it seems you can still book... shows "old" cheap prices...

did they take the website down just for an update and not due to the 1000x booking...
Hmm suddenly lots of traffic let's redesign the site to make it more user friendly

So you're saying the -YQ fares are still there?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:50 pm

Good luck everyone, hope everyone can fly. I did not pull my trigger on this fare, not like those RGN fares that I did. I was thinking to get UA miles and status, but decided not to.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Hmm suddenly lots of traffic let's redesign the site to make it more user friendly

So you're saying the -YQ fares are still there?
It's going a lot faster now - and the low fares are still there. Not sure if you can book, but I'm at the passenger info screen with a crazy low fare . . .
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, the website is back, with the same design, and prices, as when I booked
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Can't get past passenger info screen... same old error
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:53 pm

Still cant book though.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by DeltaBumper
It's going a lot faster now - and the low fares are still there. Not sure if you can book, but I'm at the passenger info screen with a crazy low fare . . .
I'm going to try to jam one thru in W. Should be about $800 for many TATL fares. Need to use these Gpus for something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.