Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by medichill
After refreshing the UA site a million times since 3:32pm EST, looked a little deeper and there and saw this:

This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.

I did so and they are for Lufthansa which is allowing me to select seats. Any reason not to do this?

UA site still says "not ticketed" and no charge on AMEX.
I'm in the same boat and I suspect you ordered minutes before me... still no ticket issued but I only have 2.5 hrs (est) until my "reservation on hold" releases..... pretty please issue my ticket...

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Still get the error message after entering the passenger details, so this link is no use.

the Deal is gone!
Worked for me 5 minutes ago.
Are you using Chrome?

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Still get the error message after entering the passenger details, so this link is no use.

the Deal is gone!

It works for me. I can get it until the credit card, but i have no use for it.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
Are you using Chrome?
Yes, using Chrome.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:33 pm

Are you using Chrome?
and safari. what did you use?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Holy ..... It worked.
Managed to book EWR-MXP for 135$ return.
You got to the credit card screen? Not working for me anymore.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by medichill
After refreshing the UA site a million times since 3:32pm EST, looked a little deeper and there and saw this:

This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.

I did so and they are for Lufthansa which is allowing me to select seats. Any reason not to do this?

UA site still says "not ticketed" and no charge on AMEX.
I'm pretty sure UA always lets you view partner confirmation numbers before you're ticketed, so this doesn't mean anything. On a recent award reservation, I was able to view the partner PNRs and choose seats on Lufthansa even though the reservation was just on hold and hadn't been ticketed yet.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Talking

There's gonna be a nasty conference call at Willis Tower come Monday...
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
I got as far as entering the passenger details, and then proceed to purchase. it came back with error message that fare was no longer available.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yes. Got all the way. Lets see if its get ticketed.
Now when i try again it does not work. Gives me error.

Got in for EWR-MXP 30 Jan - 4th Feb, 135$
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
DOT has jurisdiction if it originates in USA, terminates in USA or has a stop of 24 hours or more in the USA. DOT cannot make any carrier honor fare, they can only assign a penalty.
I agree.

US DOT can't enforce penalties against WF. Other folks mentioned RGN and All Nippon. All Nippon have planes that can be seized in the US and authority to fly into US can be revoked. WF has neither.

The key is that the ticket stock is WF, they are the seller, not UA for 399.88 purposes.

From WF perspective, probably no legal repercussions to cancel. Minimal public relations repercussions since their clients are probably mostly Norwegian or European. An if they do honor the tickets, UA will debit memo them for the YQ. Seems like a no brainer on what they will do regarding these tickets.

We will see how it plays out next week. I'm betting WF will cancel.

Last edited by seawolf; Nov 23, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Yes. Got all the way. Lets see if its get ticketed.
Now when i try again it does not work. Gives me error.

Got in for EWR-MXP 30 Jan - 4th Feb, 135$
Good for you! Excellent.! I hope it tickets!

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I got as far as entering the passenger details, and then proceed to purchase. it came back with error message that fare was no longer available.
I've been trying to buy a DCA-EWR-TLV rt for the end of January, and that happened consistently for me about 5 times. I think this one's dead.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Looks like a long night for all of us waiting to see if it gets ticketed or wiped off!
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:40 pm

Good for you! Excellent.! I hope it tickets!
But what the hell i am going to do in Milan? Watch street "art" (graffiti)?

Well, weŽll see. Cheap anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.