Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, Alaska MVP 50, Marriott 100 night, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Just got confirmation my first of two reservations YYZ-AMS. I booked at 2:50 EST and just received notification that it was ticketed. There is still hope!

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by jblankoh
Sorry - not sure how to update the Wiki post - reserved at 330pm Eastern, ticketed at 720pm Eastern. 4 tix NYC - DXB in February, $275 each. I'm not quite convinced enough to book hotel...

Thanks to everyone - first time I've been able to take advantage of one of these.
Just book a refundable hotel room. I've done it for both ticketed and non-ticketed flights

Originally Posted by imgonnafly
1/4 just ticketed. booked 10:30am pacific, and ticket issued 5 mins ago. yay.

i'm still very confused on PQD. if all UA metal, no issue. If mix of UA/LH - how does that work since it's not 016?

Great news! Gives us other some hope.

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, AA EXP, AB Gold, AmEx Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Cinco Estrella
Is anyone still tracking this?

Booked two UA seats for EWR - MXP at 3:25PM PST
Not ticketed or charged as of 5:40PM PST, but UA web site shows the held reservation. UA site also complained about my locator, saying that it was for CO, and gave me a proper UA locator to use instead.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
I'm assuming the "cancellation" time is based on the departure city. I'm based and currently located in Los Angeles but booked EWR-MXP and my cancellation time on United.com is listed as 12 Midnight in Newark, NJ.

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by xerenthar
anyone else constantly getting:

The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 1006)
We are having difficulty processing your request at this time. We recommend that you wait a few minutes and try again. We apologize for this inconvenience.
same here

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Dates??
April 17-21/22
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA MP Silver
My friend booked NYC - Cairo at around 3:30 EST and just got ticketed.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by xerenthar
anyone else constantly getting:

The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 1006)
We are having difficulty processing your request at this time. We recommend that you wait a few minutes and try again. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Seems I jumped a little late on this. Also getting this message after entering passenger details.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by TokinaMaso
Seems I jumped a little late on this. Also getting this message after entering passenger details.
Same here, can't get past it. Trying to book SAT-DUB.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by nyfly
same here
Did you get this message from United or the site booked on? Currently waiting on ticketing, booked at 6:51 and seeing confirmed, not ticketed.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:47 pm

Ditto, throwing the error now. Looks to be pretty much done-zo.
Booked:
LAX-IAD-DXB-IAD-LAX
LAX-SFO-PVG-LAX
LAX-EWR-MAD-EWR-LAX

If even just one tickets I will be ecstatic.
I was in the process of doing DAY to DUB for $312 before it locked up. The whole trip would have been less than the standard fare for DAY-NYC, hah.

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by TokinaMaso
Same here - 3 browsers, 2 computers, stuck

Originally Posted by njref511
Did you get this message from United or the site booked on? Currently waiting on ticketing, booked at 6:51 and seeing confirmed, not ticketed.
showing up after entering passenger details
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Alaska
Missed this one! If they even honor it. Getting:

wideroe.no is closed some hours due to technical reasons

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.