Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I see the new web site but not the old pricing.

Some old-pricing- have to be careful when using the flexible dates.

Spoke too soon- yes it is there but when you try to book:
The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012 - 1006)

Last edited by zebranz; Nov 23, 2013 at 9:32 pm Reason: correction
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
I just don't understand the logic of the queue via Amadeus...I booked in the early afternoon like many folks; but seems like people who booked at 4:00pm EST are getting ticketed already....

Its been 9+ hours....

Originally Posted by jfkeze
the site is back online, they changed the website design, it now look different and it seems you can still book... shows "old" cheap prices...

did they take the website down just for an update and not due to the 1000x booking...
Seeing same pricing as before but still having the same error after entering pax details (yes, have cleared cache)

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zebranz
I see the new web site but not the old pricing.
I see old website, old pricing, and old error....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Me too!

I'm waiting on one to ticket that I bought at 4:07pm EST and one from 7:13pm EST. Both are confirmed, but neither have been ticketed or charged to credit card.
Don't sweat it, the ticketing time limit on UA's side is not until 27NOV13
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaBumper
You and I are about 80 minutes away from finding out
Mine says until 12AM PST. So hopefully I've got 4 more hours to get this booked.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by denCSA
Don't sweat it, the ticketing time limit on UA's side is not until 27NOV13
But if they take that long I'll be out of my 24-hour cancellation window . . . and I have three itineraries booked and can only use one. If they don't ticket by tomorrow afternoon I'll cancel those two and use the one that has
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sis22
I just don't understand the logic of the queue via Amadeus...I booked in the early afternoon like many folks; but seems like people who booked at 4:00pm EST are getting ticketed already....

Its been 9+ hours....
Could it have something to do with the departure date?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Another data point:

Booked LAX-DXB x3
1) Bought at 12:25 PST, ticketed 5:31
2) Bought at 12:33 PST, ticketed 4:57
3) Bought at 3:46 PST, pending ticketing
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA MP Silver
I can still get EWR - MIL for $260 in March. About $100 more, but still cheap. I might buy it again now and cancel tomorrow if my ticket isn't issued.

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
I haven't received a confirmation email, but the itinerary shows up on united.com as ticketed. Booked around 4:45pm. Crossing fingers that this goes through!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Still pending on a fare purchased 7 hours ago. I think it's because I have a segment on LX.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: UAL, AAL, DAL, NKS, JBU
I know to never call the airlines, but when the payment method fails since they shut it down, has anyone ever called UA to see if they will honor under lowest fare guarantee? Can always cancel the higher fare within 24-hours. Just curious if anyone ever tried in the past?

Also, has anyone ever kept data on fat finger fares that the airlines have actually honored? Would be interesting to see how many are honored by which airlines/travel agencies. I'm not online enough to catch one yet, tried once with a Spanair ticket on US metal, but canceled. I wish I could get a notification for fares like these!

LHR-ORD-LHR booked 6:22pm EST, still pending [but well past midnight in LHR so hoping]
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:07 pm

Booked at 4:49pm EST EWR-CMB. I just got an email and and text message saying that they were unable to complete my order, that my reservation has been cancelled and that my card will not be charged. However, I am showing a pending charge on my credit card.

Any ideas what to make of this? I'm assuming this means I didn't get it. I saw others mention that their booking to CMB got cancelled.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 9:08 pm

I'm able to find flights from DFW to IST - DFW for $415 on May 8th - 24th. This seems too good to be true, isn't this 5 times cheaper than it normally is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.