Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
has anyone been ticketed on AC/LH bookings made today?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by meehgz
Flying on United or AC?

If United, people have reported luck canceling through .bomb. If AC, jury is still out since you can't cancel through AC unless you call according the info given when I click Manage My Booking on AC's website (which, obviously, you shouldn't).

Have you been ticketed yet? I haven't been ticket on my AC flights to MXP yet so am waiting to see if that makes the difference in terms of being able to cancel through wideroe.
Yes I have been ticketed about 8 hours back, this is a United ticket from LAX-BOM. When I try to cancel on united I get the following message.

This reservation has no refundable value if cancelled. A refund will not be credited.

please advice.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by hobo13
Needed to cancel a rez that had ticketed. No link to cancel on wideroe. I was able to cancel on United.com and now checkMytrip shows that it is cancelled.

Anybody else cancel exclusively via the united website? Any reason for concern with this?
I did, but before it had ticketed. I had no problem.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
has anyone been ticketed on AC/LH bookings made today?
It seems at least 2 people have been ticketed on AC bookings, though they made the reservations super early in the am.

Originally Posted by flyer31
Yes I have been ticketed about 8 hours back, this is a United ticket from LAX-BOM. When I try to cancel on united I get the following message.

This reservation has no refundable value if cancelled. A refund will not be credited.

please advice.
Can't you cancel via the email link or the "My Trips" method on Wideroe? Seems safest to cancel with the ticketing agent.

Originally Posted by danpeake
Oh no, you did email them didn't you!
Yes he did and got a reply...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
For me, it SEEMS to have cancelled. The cancel button on ual.com worked, it showed that it was cancelled. And then CheckMyTrip switched from showing ticketed to cancelled. So it seems pretty good.

Scary that I'm relying on United IT to cover for Wideroe IT.
For me when I try to cancel on united I get the following message.

I was ticketed about 8-9 hours back.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by iamife
Yes he did and got a reply...
:banhammer:
Old Nov 24, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by villox
If you go to the original booking link:
https://www.wideroe.no/book/default.aspx?l=en&adv=yes

And click "my trips" in the upper right of the frame, you can use the original PNR and your name to retrieve the reservation, and from there at least on mine I see a Cancel This Reservation button.
What is the refund policy, please guide me. I was ticketed about 8 hours back and when I try to cancel on united.com I get the following message.

Please help.

Originally Posted by arsenalman
I wasnt able to. they directed me back to the agent (Wideroe). As for them, they will let me cancel the whole reservation, but i just want one of the people on the reservation to be cancelled and keep the rest. Sending them an email now i guess.
Do you not know how to read? It is literally the first thing in the wikipost.

For me when I try to cancel on united I get the following message.

I was ticketed about 8-9 hours back.
Can't you cancel via the email link or the "My Trips" method on Wideroe? Seems safest to cancel with the ticketing agent.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
People cant honestly be surprised that a few muppets have come along seeing a 'too good to be true' deal and naturally wanted a piece. Of course what happened next is the impatience of said muppets which caused them to call or email the airline questioning why their 'too good to be true' deal hasn't ticketed yet, or in some cases they've decided to cancel and can't figure it out on their own...

No need to get upset as this is the nature of the beast when dealing with either mistake fares or screw ups in loading fares....some people come out on top, some people get a little and some go 'wee wee wee' all the way home...

Not the first time this has happened and it wont be the last

What is the refund policy, please guide me. I was ticketed about 8 hours back and when I try to cancel on united.com I get the following message.

Please help.
Dude, you doth protest too much. You have 24 hours.

Originally Posted by danpeake
Thanks, can you tell me about the refund policy on these tickets. I was ticketed about 8 hours back.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by oh101
Able to route on IAH-AC/YYZ-AC/YUL-AC/FRA-LH/MXP
Somedate on FEB and very limited on MAR have to leave TUE or WED

220ish EUR

Found on 14.50EST
I'm headed back to Wideroe now!!!! THX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.