Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I am able to add it, but once I go back it is no there
I dont trust it if it doesnt show. I had the same problem in the past with special meals for flights booked directly through UA
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I am able to add it, but once I go back it is no there
This is "normal". I entered my trusted traveler number for a Wideroe itinerary and received Precheck as expected, despite the number field appearing blank when I attempted to view it again later.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by uthornsgo
I booked one of these for next week and now I can't go. Are these refundable or is it possible to change them? I would assume the answer is "no" but though I would ask. Thank you everyone.
You should be able to request a refund. You'll only receive the taxes back (and forfeit the base fare). This can be done online - http://www.wideroe.no/en/my-trips
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Datapoint
EWR - MXP - upgrade at olci @979
First upgrade option on these tickets I have seen.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by footastic
Datapoint
I was offered $1,569 for EWR-BOM
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Originally Posted by cloudybw
I was offered $1,569 for EWR-BOM
Ha! And you didn't grab it deal of the century! (jk)
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:37 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Had tix for DXB-IAD-LGA which just got re-booked this morning to DXB-FRA-ORD-LGA. The extra miles are nice, but the 6 hours extra of travel time not so much. Not sure what triggered this as there still seems to be avail on my original DXB-IAD-LGA routing. A few questions:

Anyone have any idea what triggered this?

Do I have any recourse to try to force WF/UA to restore the old itin?

Am I going to run into the same problem as others with WF needing to make the change because it's on WF stock and UA not allowing WF to make changes without a note in the PNR?

Last edited by AutoSlash; Mar 12, 2014 at 8:07 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:14 am
Suspended

Will ua allow sdc with a routing change and if so will the ticket get reissued on 016?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
Just finished our Wideroe trip

My wife and I just finished our Wideroe trip to Mumbai.

We had a blast in Mumbai. It was so much more fun than Beijing!

Thanks to the OP and congrats to everyone who participated in this one!

Next month, Milan! :-)
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Datapoint
I was offered the same for EWR-LIS. I passed.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:32 pm

I just noticed that my name is misspelled on my ticket. Does anyone have recommendations as to whether to try to fix it with Wideroe, the airline before my trip, at the airport, or just roll with it and deal with it when/if it becomes a problem.

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
just an FYI if you didn't already know...MXP UA contract agents are pretty bad. also the MXP *A lounge isn't anything to write home about, good for a snack but the waiting areas are terrible. and if you're trying to get in as a *G i guess you're supposed to get a special sticker on your BP from above said contract agents. thought i created an international incident with the lounge dragon.

also the 764 IFE on UA 18/19 was really good, no different than using a standard tablet screen (unlike the dated ones on AA/BA/etc).

Datapoint
I posted in the UA forum upsell offers thread. I got offered ~900ish each way on both outbound and inbound this week. What was a little ridic was that loads on the inbound today were quite low in BF/coach and they were still selling for the same price as my almost overbooked outbound flight with a huge waitlist for upgrades.

Originally Posted by ghiaaa
I just noticed that my name is misspelled on my ticket. Does anyone have recommendations as to whether to try to fix it with Wideroe, the airline before my trip, at the airport, or just roll with it and deal with it when/if it becomes a problem.

Thanks
just go with it if it's an obvious mistake. my GF had a stupid middle name error thanks to me (1 letter missing), the check in agent initially freaked out (due to it being a 701 ticket + couldn't officially validate passport with ticket). so I started saying I booked it off this travel website and it took me to this company like orbitz, blah blah blah and they must have misspelled it. but after check in agent did their sorcery, no one really noticed.

i would mainly suggest getting to the airport early.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: Costco Club
Currently at LGA for my LGA-YUL-FRA-MXP leg. My first LGA-YUL flight was cxlled due to bad weather in YUL. I was auto rebooked onto the one 2 hours later which is fine because it cuts down my ridiculous layover. Also at check in at the kiosk I was offered an upgrade for $1199
Old Mar 13, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Had tix for DXB-IAD-LGA which just got re-booked this morning to DXB-FRA-ORD-LGA. The extra miles are nice, but the 6 hours extra of travel time not so much. Not sure what triggered this as there still seems to be avail on my original DXB-IAD-LGA routing. A few questions:

Anyone have any idea what triggered this?
Weather in the mid west has been hectic, haven't looked up your specific flight but I know a lot of dtw, mdw, Ord flights have been canceled due to weather.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by psychoandy
also the 764 IFE on UA 18/19 was really good, no different than using a standard tablet screen (unlike the dated ones on AA/BA/etc).
Agreed! I was surprised at how responsive the touchscreens were on the 764s I flew recently. It's such a huge improvement over the ones I've seen typically on 772s, and you don't have to contend with someone behind you violently trying to get a touch to register on their screen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.