Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 3:45 pm

Does anyone happen to know up to what point the flights can be cancelled for a refund of the taxes? Is within T-24 too late? (I'm not at that point yet)
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by angelicboris
EWR-MXP tomorrow. BF buyup is $829. Would be nice but too rich for my blood. Any chance it will be cheaper at the airport? Does it make a difference if I check in?
When we flew EWR-LIS last month, it was actually more to buy up at the airport.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
I'm flying this deal to BOM next week. My outbound is IAD-LHR-FRA-BOM.

My return is just BOM-FRA-IAD.

I would really like for my outbound to go IAD-FRA-BOM, There was a schedule change of only 5 minutes on the LHR-FRA leg, so I chatted Wideroe to see if they could change it, but they wouldn't budge. Said they couldn't do anything for only a 5 minute schedule change when I still had valid connections.

I'm wondering if I contact United if I might have better luck?

Anyone have a similar situation?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by rmannion
Does anyone happen to know up to what point the flights can be cancelled for a refund of the taxes? Is within T-24 too late? (I'm not at that point yet)
For the record, I was able to cancel within T-24.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: UA
I just returned from my second trip using the Wideroe fares. First trip was ORD-BRU-ORD, second trip was ORD-AMS-ORD, all flights were on UA. FWIW, all flights were about 1/3 full, plenty of room to spread out. Many thanks to the OP, now I wish I had booked more flights at these prices. There were no issues with the flights and mileage credited to my UA account.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by rmannion
For the record, I was able to cancel within T-24.
ditto
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Ordiesel
I just returned from my second trip using the Wideroe fares. First trip was ORD-BRU-ORD, second trip was ORD-AMS-ORD, all flights were on UA. FWIW, all flights were about 1/3 full, plenty of room to spread out. Many thanks to the OP, now I wish I had booked more flights at these prices. There were no issues with the flights and mileage credited to my UA account.
I had no issue either and full credit,but my TLV flights were more than 95% full
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat

Two trips to Dxb completed one to go. Both sets of miles posted. But the first set took 3 weeks. Credited to US in all cases. Not sure why they took so long since second trip posted in 2 days. Happy to know I will be 60% of the way to top tier on US/AA by mid March.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by zgringo14
I'm flying this deal to BOM next week. My outbound is IAD-LHR-FRA-BOM.

My return is just BOM-FRA-IAD.

I would really like for my outbound to go IAD-FRA-BOM, There was a schedule change of only 5 minutes on the LHR-FRA leg, so I chatted Wideroe to see if they could change it, but they wouldn't budge. Said they couldn't do anything for only a 5 minute schedule change when I still had valid connections.

I'm wondering if I contact United if I might have better luck?

Anyone have a similar situation?
You can always try. Also might have luck T minus 24 hours.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by rkaradi
You can always try. Also might have luck T minus 24 hours.
Thanks. I'm going to give it a shot today. I'll call UA, and see what they say.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by zgringo14
Thanks. I'm going to give it a shot today. I'll call UA, and see what they say.
I called UA about changing my flight on 3/6, and they said OK, but they couldn't make the change because it was on 701 ticket stock.

so, I asked them to make a note in the PNR that it was OK, which UA did.

So then I used the online chat for Wideroe to talk to Frank. Frank wouldn't even tell me if he could see the note from UA. He just said that UA was only waiving fees for 3/3 and 3/4, and "Carrier says - No changes allowed." Then he hung up on me. That was a bit of a surprise. I hadn't expected Wideroe to be so abrupt.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:14 pm

DEN-EWR-MXP

First leg complete without incident. Unfortunately no upgrade to First even with 1K status on a Tuesday. Just boarded for MXP and we've got our 1st Class Sleepers to try out since it's a K fare and not upgradeable. Agenda is Venice and Florence and weather forecast is 50-60s.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:08 pm
jmw

If getting this ticket for $370 SFO-DXB wasn't spectacular enough by itself, I got bumped too for $400 on the way back. I flew halfway around the world and got 12K miles towards A3*G (with u/g to Y) all for free.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:33 pm

United BOM-LAX upgrade question.

My flight from BOM-ZRH-LAX is coming up soon. Is there any way to upgrade this to business class. Original ticket is issued as a United code share flight in K class.Below is the details of this flight.

Depart:
1:20 a.m.

Mumbai (Bombay), India (BOM)
Arrive:
6:15 a.m.

Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Flight Time:
9 hr 25 mn
Distance:
4,067 miles
Flight:UA7687
Operated by Swiss International Air Lines.
Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
Fare Class: Economy (K)
Meal: None
No Special Meal Offered.
Change Planes. Connect time in Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) is 7 hours.
Depart:
1:15 p.m.

Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Arrive:
5:55 p.m.

Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
Flight Time:
12 hr 40 mn

Travel Time:
29 hr 5 mn
Distance:
5,939 miles
Flight: UA7684
Operated by Swiss International Air Lines.
Aircraft: Airbus A340-300
Fare Class: Economy (K)
Meal: None
No Special Meal Offered.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
My flight from BOM-ZRH-LAX is coming up soon. Is there any way to upgrade this to business class. Original ticket is issued as a United code share flight in K class.Below is the details of this flight.
Very, very slim chances LX will offer a paid upgrade (for like $400 per segment) or even touch it for a upfare (to applicable C fare, couple grand probably).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.