Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat

Two problems questions...
On 2/7 I flew lax-iAd-Dxb and in 2/9 the reverse. The retun miles posted to US DM immediately and the outbound didn't. I changed from MP number to DM after I landed in IAD on the outbound. The outbound didn't post to UA either. I've put in a request with US but wonder.

The second run I printed BP with MP number then changed to DM and when I go to UA clubs they scan BP but don't see me, so they have to manually enter my UA info. Then I have to go online and change. Happened at lax and iad. This was not an issue on trip one, scan BP and move on.

Just wondering what to do. And wanted to give a heads up see what has happened to others.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Just wondering what to do. And wanted to give a heads up see what has happened to others.
A similar thing happened to me and my wife. We put in our UA numbers on the outbound (operated by LH on a T fare, so no credit on US) and didn't get any miles in our UA account. The return was operated by UA, and we input our US numbers and received the proper mileage credit.

You can always file a missing miles request after the waiting period.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Would I have any trouble crediting these to A3? I'm in K, so it will only be 50%, but I could really use the boost to hit 20k for *A Gold.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by mtvesuvius
Would I have any trouble crediting these to A3? I'm in K, so it will only be 50%, but I could really use the boost to hit 20k for *A Gold.
You shouldn't have any problems as long as the fare class accrues miles on Aegean. I assume you were on flights operated by UA?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Just back from the following trip:
13FEB ORD-IAD-DXB
17FEB DXB-IAD-ORD!
Was on the return as well to ORD (20A)

It didnt look too bad when we arrived in ORD, and then all hell broke loose - my AA flight to YYZ was cancelled too.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Reg
21FEB LHR-IAD-BOS - no problems; went smoothly. Even into the lounge without my card in LHR!

23FEB BOS-EWR-LHR - no problems with a reschedule: Inbound flight was delayed causing a missed connection on the original 7:15pm flight to London. UC agents rebooked me without problems on the 10pm.

Additionally, miles posted for the FEB21 flights already!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
No issue with SMF-IAD-DUB and vv. got 1/2 upgrades on the domestic legs finishing 1st on the WL for the flight I didn't clear. BF buyups on the TATLs were an outrageous $1019 each direction.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Just wanted to post that my wife and I flew EWR-MXP (2/20) and MXP-EWR (2/24) without any issues.

Not much to do in Milan, so we opted to go to Florence for a couple days and only spend less than a day in Milan. The train tickets for that cost us as much as the plane tickets, but was totally worth it.

Thanks to the OP for this deal and I sure hope to get in on some more of these sometime soon!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 5:56 pm

EWR-MXP tomorrow. BF buyup is $829. Would be nice but too rich for my blood. Any chance it will be cheaper at the airport? Does it make a difference if I check in?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:21 pm

Seems unlikely. For my EWR-MXP and back flights last week, the UFC price was a constant $829 before and after checkin.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See if you can get three across in the back. Not as good, but free.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 6:23 am

Flew AMS-EWR and back last week, no issues and miles posted within three days.
Thanks OP!
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:31 pm

I will fly from AMS to EWR with a 767-300 aircraft and back with a 757. Both type of aircrafts are equipped with IFE, right? I don't want to see the back of the seat in front of me during 8 hours.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Spaceship89
I will fly from AMS to EWR with a 767-300 aircraft and back with a 757. Both type of aircrafts are equipped with IFE, right? I don't want to see the back of the seat in front of me during 8 hours.
Yep, I actually find the 763's IFA to be much better than the 752.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:30 pm

Successfully flew EWR-BCN and return last week, and was even granted a free schedule change due to the valentine's day snowstorm, routed EWR-FRA-BCN a day earlier in Y for a bonus 2k miles to boot. Looking forward to flying to MXP next month and spending springtime in Sicily

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.